IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Comments & Complaints
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Sad Warning  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedSad Warning

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Male
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 December 2006 at 4:19am

( webranger ): "There obviously is a need for more discussion because the attitude you are displaying is the antidose to discussion, and what is the point of a forum if discussion is forbidden or curtailed?"

( peacemaker ): I am not against discussions. It is just that you discuss where it belongs. Seeing that it is "Comment and Complaint Section," as a moderator, I think that I had already addressed your queries about warning thread in the Current Event section.

( webranger ): " To return to the original subject, you have so many different threads muddled up that it is difficult to untangle them., but I will try."

( peacemaker ): Please see your first post as to how your brought multiple issues in the same thread such as issues of cartoons while commenting on warning thread in the Current Event section. I only replied, and am doing that again in this post.

( webranger ): "You are avoiding the issue. Yes, the chaos has come about as a result of the invasion, but the main feature of that chaos now is Muslims killing Muslims, and that makes treating the occupation as anti-Islamic rather ridiculous. I would have thought that as an Islamic Peacemaker you would be concerned that many Muslims in Iraq are showing the world such a ferocious side of Islam. You write of your brothers and sisters being slaughtered, but right now they are mainly being slaughtered by other brothers and sisters. (Well maybe not sisters)."

( peacemaker ): Please read my post again. The point is not whether war is on Islam or not. The point is that the war has created a serious catastrophe in that nation. There are many non-Muslims such as Christians in Iraq who were in far better position in pre-invasion period than they are now. I equally sympathize with them. As a Muslim, I strongly condemn oppression of any community, Muslim or non-Muslim, regardless of the oppressor, Muslim or non-Muslim.

Yes, Shia-Sunni violence must stop ( And in context of warning thread in Current Events, if anyone says that Shias and Sunnis are promoting any good by engaging in present violence, that will be equally inflammatory ). Any such violence can�t be part of Islam as Islam forbids killings of innocent people, Muslim or non-Muslim. "Whoever kills a soul, unless for a soul, or for corruption done in the land - it is as if he had slain mankind entirely. And whoever saves one, it is as if he had saved mankind entirely." [Qur'an 5:32]

This problem should, therefore, be attributed to political chaos, and not Islam. It is the result of illegal invasion and occupation. There was no Shia-Sunni violence prior to the illegal invasion. You must see the cause to find the solution to a problem. I wish a united and peaceful Iraq becomes a reality where Shias, Sunnis, Kurds, and entire population live side by side in peace and harmony. I also wish that occupying forces are withdrawn from there so that they may also live in their respective countries in peace with their families, and all this bloodshed of Iraqis, Americans, Britons . . . stop.

But, I wonder if there ever will be peace in Iraq as long as imperialist forces remain there. History tells us that Imperialists usually tend to rule the occupied nations and masses by dividing them along lines of race, religion, culture, language etc. Even after the withdrawal of occupying forces, there is no guarantee that peace would be established there immediately because of the deep scare and divide resulted due to illegal invasion and occupation, but yes, peace could be possible in medium or long term. Allah knows best.

Despite imperialistic presence on their home soil, all I can hope as an optimist is that Iraqis, particularly Shias and Sunnis involved in ongoing infighting, could still unite and act in a unified manner without killing each other, without causing further bloodshed of innocent civilians, and by truly following islamic principles. Attaining such a level of spiritual maturity in the face of overwhelming odds and political instability is a serious challenge for them. And I wish and pray to Allah that they achieve it regardless of circumstances on the ground.

( webranger ): "You must know that the Danish Prime Minister has no legal or constitutional means of censoring or even influencing the newspapers. Nor should he have. In fact, by suggesting that he could you are suggesting the end of free speech in that country."

( peacemaker ): Please read my post again. I said that Danish PM had even refused to meet the Muslim leadership to address the problem well before the issue became internationalized.

Maintaining peace and harmony in the country and listening to the concerns and plights of minorities in any nation should be one of the top priorities in any country regardless of legal or constitutional frame work. If you even refuse to meet to address such major issues, what does it show? And later what happened. It hurt Danish interests, Danish businesses in particular. It affected innocent lives. It affected the planet in so many ways. It also affected Muslim-Christian relations at large.

Freedom of expression is a nice thing, but when it offends the rights of about 1.5 billion followers of a major world religion on the planet, one creates a chaotic situation by offending their feelings to this extent.

Yes, any violence in this respect was wrong, and I strongly condemn that. A minority was involved in those unlawful acts.

Expressing strong displeasure over those cartoons, without violating the laws of the land, was what most of the Muslims including myself did.

Let us see a very simple example. I am free to say anything, but if my statements hurt feelings of my neighbors, I shouldn�t make them. Many newspapers around the world refused to publish those cartoons, although they could do it while practicing the same "freedom of expression"or "free speech" you are talking about. Many prominent journalists displayed appropriate behaviour of responsible journalism by speaking against any such publication that would only incite hatred against Muslims, fellow human beings, and their faith.

Peace

( As I said in my last post, I have already addressed the concern in connection with the warning thread in the Current Events. Therefore, it is my humble request that please start another thread in Current Events or World Politics sections to discuss any political issues where other forum members may also take part and discuss. I would take part there if I have available time�Thanks )

Then which of the favours of your Lord will ye deny?
Qur'an 55:13
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic