IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Basics of Islam
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Islam in Diversity  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Islam in Diversity

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 11>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatima Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 December 2006 at 7:33am

Bismillah irrahman irrahim

Assalamu alaikum

Alhamdulillah it does help to recite and ponder over the meanings of The Holy Quran. But i have experienced this laziness in reading The Holy Quran, sometime i involve myself with little meaningless things which take my time. Other time i feel like not reading it (astaghfirullah) and sometime very strange thoughts cross my mind and i dont give much attention to what i am reading. So what should a person do in that scenario?

wassalam

Say: (O Muhammad) If you love Allah, then follow me, Allah will love you and forgive you your faults, and Allah is Forgiving, MercifuL
Alwardah View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alwardah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 December 2006 at 8:02am

As Salamu Alaikum

200. And if an evil whisper comes to you from Shaitan, then seek refuge with Allah. Verily He is All-Hearer, All-Knower.

201. Verily those who are Al-Muttaqun (the pious) when an evil thought comes to them from Shaitan, they remember (Allah) and (indeed) they then see (aright).

Surah Al-A'raf 7: 200-201

Wa Alaikum Salam

�Verily your Lord is quick in punishment; yet He is indeed Oft-Forgiving Most Merciful (Surah Al-An�am 6:165)
"Indeed, we belong to Allah and to Him is our return" (Surah Baqarah 2: 155)
amah View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 December 2006 at 10:24am
Originally posted by Alwardah Alwardah wrote:

As Salamu Alaikum

200. And if an evil whisper comes to you from Shaitan, then seek refuge with Allah. Verily He is All-Hearer, All-Knower.

201. Verily those who are Al-Muttaqun (the pious) when an evil thought comes to them from Shaitan, they remember (Allah) and (indeed) they then see (aright).

Surah Al-A'raf 7: 200-201

Wa Alaikum Salam

Assalaamualaikum

Jazakallahukhair for this reminder.

And jazakallahukhair to all of you for your wonderful posts. Reading the quran EVERYDAY with understanding (tafseer) has proven to be number one in increasing my taqwa.

More later, insha allah, gotta run now!.........wassalaam.

Allah is Sufficient as a Walee (Protector) and Allah is Sufficient as a Naseer (Helper).
(Surah An-Nisa, Chapter #4, Verse #45)
fatima View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatima Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 December 2006 at 4:02am

Wa'alaikum assalam wa rahmatullahe wa barakatuhu

JazakAllah khair sis, this brings me to my next topic, that is dua and conviction in dua.

So when we asking Allah subhanahu wa ta'ala to protect us from evil thoughts or any other dua, what is right state of mind, what are the manners and what should be belief behind it?

For me it is very scientific as the drug efficacy changes with your attitude so does the results and implications of a dua because of conviction. I want people to share their experiences with their understanding of this concept.

wassalam

Say: (O Muhammad) If you love Allah, then follow me, Allah will love you and forgive you your faults, and Allah is Forgiving, MercifuL
Alwardah View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alwardah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 December 2006 at 9:43am

As Salamu Alaikum wa Rahmatullahi wa Barakatuhu

The Prophet (Sallallahu 'Alayhi wa Sallam) said: �Dua is worship�(reported by Imam Ahmad)

Dua is a personal matter between Allah Subhanahu wa Ta'ala and His servants.

Personally I prefer to recite the Duas the Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) taught his Companions. Although these Duas are Mustahabb (highly recommended or encouraged) and no one is committing a sin by omitting them, by learning and reciting these Duas I feel,  a) that I am turning to Allah Subhanahu wa Ta�ala and acknowledging the fact that only HE can answer my Duas and  b) practicing a Sunnah and thus Insha Allah we will be greatly rewarded by Allah Subhanahu wa Ta�ala.

I recite the morning and evening Adkhaar (Duas) daily or else my day feels incomplete.

www.makedua.com (the Duas are available at this site)

Many factors play a role in the acceptance of our Duas. All the renowned scholars emphasis that Sincerity is the most important condition needed, in order to get our Dua answered. And Sincerity means having the firm belief that the One upon Whom we are calling, Allah Subhanahu wa Ta�ala is ALONE able to meet our needs.

Allah loves a servant who turns to HIM all the time and Insha Allah He will protect us from Shaitan and his army and all other evils which He created.  Ameen

Wa Alaikum Salam 

�Verily your Lord is quick in punishment; yet He is indeed Oft-Forgiving Most Merciful (Surah Al-An�am 6:165)
seekshidayath View Drop Down
Female Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seekshidayath Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 December 2006 at 11:08pm

As'salamualaikum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuhu,

Alwaradah i totally agree with your post. Apart from the "Mustahabb duaein", as you mentioned that dua is a matter between Allah Ta'ala and his believer,  -----

Here i  would like to say that, a dua which would come out of heart and tears that naturally flow during -----for the sake of Allah ta'ala ---- those moments are just invaluable. When pray from deep within the heart ,in our own language,-- we then experience a sort of happiness, get light hearted, --- just we cannnot express it. Is n't it. And we experience it,if are alone , Is n't it?

And Fatima, i just experienced a feeling of being low, and this is out of experience apart from observing patience and prayers, {seeking help from Allah}, --- what i did is, i opened my old diary wherein all my school friends autographed {naturally, though i knew all there wordings are fakes but still i read out there compliments} contacted old friends and got refreshed. . So call your old friends too. We were back after so many years to our school . A good expierence

Edited by seekshidayath
Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: �All the descendants of Adam are sinners, and the best of sinners are those who repent."
fatima View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatima Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 December 2006 at 7:16am

Wa'alaikum assalam wa rahmatullahe wa barakatuhu

I agree that sunnah duas are benefitting in two ways mashaAllah and maybe more, Allahualam. But some times when i am asking Allah subhanahu wa ta'ala something in my own language, the conection i feel is more stronger. Could be the fact that because i dont speak arabic so when i am in need, first thing that comes to me would be my thoughts getting the shape of words in my own language.

But I have memorised different dua from Holy Quran and Ahadith. What i do is whenever i am reading Holy Quran and read dua done by any Prophet alyhis salaam, i remember it, Same with ahadith and i do dhikr of those at end of salah. Most of these are found in ahadith as Sayydina Muhammad sallallahu alayhi wassalam has told about their virtues. There are couple of them which i really like besides the one found in famous ahadith, could be personal but i think you brothers and sisters might like them too. One is Ayah 19 of Surah Naml which is Dua of Sayyidina Sulayman alayhim salaam, ' " "My Lord, direct me to be appreciative of the blessings You have bestowed upon me and my parents, and to do the righteous works that please You. Admit me by Your mercy into the company of Your righteous servants."  And second one is of Asia (ra) in Surah At-tahreem, part of Ayah 11, "O my Lord! Build for me, in nearness to Thee, a mansion in the Garden"

Another thing i remember from a hadith (sorry cant remember where i read the hadith) is that when you ask, say, Allah subhanahu wa ta'ala fullfil this if it is better for my deen and dunya, if not then make my heart satisfied with your decree and grant me something better than this.

And about conviction and sincerity i had a light experience myself, i sometimes get migraine and so many times i wish i had patience and imaan that i read Surah fatihah and be content with it. But i am bit of cry baby and take tablets and pray to Allah subhanahu wa ta'ala to put cure in that for me. Now the other day i was fasting and i felt migraine coming (cos you can tell before it comes). It is really bad one for me, i cant even walk if i dont take tablets feels like elephants thumping in my brain. Now i knew i cant take tablets so i read Surah fatihah three times and asked Allah subhanahu wa ta'ala to cure me because He is the One who has cure. Alhamdulillah dint feel anything but if any other day, i have these whispers in my ears, you have not got strong enough imaan, take tablets, take em. So what i am trying to say is main thing is having Imaan of the fact that only thing Allah subhanahu wa ta'ala has to do is will and it is. Everything and anything is in His grasp, it us who need to get the facts right.

Wassalam

Edited by fatima
Alwardah View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alwardah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 December 2006 at 12:02pm

As Salamu Alaikum wa Rahmatullahi wa Barakatuhu

Alhamdulillah we can make Dua in any language, not only in Arabic that is a Mercy from Allah. No one knows your needs better than you and the best language is the one you can use to pour out your heart to Allah Subhanahu wa Ta�ala is your own language.

Let me share some Ayah and Ahadith on Dua.

������� �������� �������� ������ �������� ������� ������� �������� �������� ����� ������� ������������������ ��� ��������������� ��� ����������� �����������

And when My servants ask you (O Muhammad concerning Me, then answer them), I am indeed near (to them by My knowledge). I respond to the invocations of the supplicant when he calls on Me (without any mediator or intercessor). So let them obey Me and believe in Me, so that they may be led aright. (Surah Al-Baqarah 2: 186)

������������� ������������ ������������ ��� ����� �����������

Therefore remember Me (by praying, glorifying). I will remember you, and be grateful to Me and reject not faith (Surah Al-Baqarah 2: 152)

��������� ��������� ���������� ���������� ������� ������� ��������

O you who believe! Remember Allah with much remembrance. (Surah Al-Ahzab 33: 41)

�������������� ������� �������� ������������ ������� ������� ����� ����������� ��������� ��������

��And for men and women who engage much in Allahs remembrance, for them has Allah prepared forgiveness and great reward (Surah Al-Ahzab 33:35 - the end of the Ayah)

Narrated by Abu Hurairah (Radhi Allahu Anhu): Allahs Messenger (Sallallahu 'Alayhi wa Sallam) said, "When it is the last third of the night, our Lord, the Blessed, the Superior, descends every night to the heaven of the world and says, 'Is there anyone who invokes Me (demand anything from Me), that I may respond to his invocation; Is there anyone who asks Me for something that I may give (it to) him; Is there anyone who asks My forgiveness that I may forgive him?'"(Al-Bukhari)

The Messenger of Allah (Sallallahu 'Alayhi wa Sallam) said: The comparison of the one who remembers Allah and the one who does not remember Allah, is like that of the living and the dead. (Al-Bukhari and Muslim)

To invoke Allah with determination

Narrated by Anas (Radhi Allahu Anhu): Allah's Apostle (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) said, "When anyone of you appeal to Allah for something, he should ask with determination and should not say, 'O Allah, if You wish, give me.', for nobody can force Allah to do something against His Will. (Al-Bukhari and Muslim)

Narrated by Abu Hurairah (Radhi Allahu Anhu): Allah's Apostle (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) said, "None of you should say: 'O Allah, forgive me if You wish; O Allah, be merciful to me if You wish,' but he should always appeal to Allah with determination, for nobody can force Allah to do something against His Will."  (Al-Bukhari and Muslim)

Narrated by Abu Hurairah (Radhi Allahu Anhu): Allah's Messenger (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) said, "The invocation of anyone of you is granted (by Allah) if he does not show impatience (by saying, "I invoked Allah but my request has not been granted.") (Al-Bukhari and Muslim)

May Allah Subhanahu wa Taala accept our Ibadah and Duas Ameen!

Wa Alaikum Salam wa Rahmatullahi wa Barakatuhu

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 11>
  Share Topic