IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Basics of Islam
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Islam in Diversity  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Islam in Diversity

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 11>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
seekshidayath View Drop Down
Female Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seekshidayath Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 March 2007 at 9:30pm

Lets start up with Tahajjud

Hadhrat Abdullah bin Salaam [radhiyallahu anhu relates, "When Nabie [salallahu alaihi wasallam] entered Madinah [during the Hijrah], people flocked to him, I also went to scrutinise him. When I saw his face, I observed that it was not the face of an imposter. The very first words I heard him say was, "O Mankind, disseminate Salaam,
 feed others, strengthen kinship, and establish Salaah while the rest of mankind is asleep." [Mishkaat]

The fourth deed which is mentioned in this Hadith is �Performing Salaat while the rest of mankind is asleep."
In the Quraan, Allah Ta'ala said, "And the servants of The Most Gracious [Allah] are those ... who spend the night in
adoration of their Lord, prostrating and standing [in Qiyaam]." [25:64]

In another Hadith, Nabie [salallahu alaihi wasallam] said, "Be vigilant in standing up [in prayer] at night for it was the practise of the pious before you. It is a means of gaining proximity to Allah Ta'ala, an expiation for transgressions and a barrier from sins. [Tirmidhi]

Note: In this Hadith, Nabie [salallahu alaihi wasallam] emphasized the importance of Tahajjud, its virtues and spiritual benefits. "The pious before you " refer to the Ambiyaa [alaihimus salaam] and their faithful followers.

"Gaining proximity to Allah Ta'ala" is the objective of man's existence. This is only possible by total servitude to Allah Ta'ala. Allah Ta'ala, addressing Nabie [salallahu alaihi wasallam] says, "Prostrate and gain closeness to Allah Ta'ala. [105:19]

In a Hadith-e-Qudsi, Allah Ta'ala says, "If my servant comes closer to me by one span, I go towards him a cubit�s length, if he comes to me a cubit�s length, I go towards him an arm�s length, and if he walks towards me I run unto him." [Bukharie; Muslim]

This Hadith implies that if man increases his devotion to Allah Ta'ala, Allah Ta'ala increases His Mercy and Kindness proportionately far greater.  "Getting closer" and "running" signify immediate increase in Allah's Blessings and Mercy.

The subject of this Hadith has also been narrated in other Ahadith with slight variations. In one Hadith together with the above three virtues mention is made of Tahajjud being a cure for jealousy, while another mentions it to be a cure for physical ailments. Another Hadith states, "Salaah at night guards one from sin, cools the wrath of
 Allah and it is a protection from the heat of the Day of Judgement." [Fadhail-e-Tahajjud

Rasulullah [salallahu alaihi wasallam] said, "At night there is such a moment in which a Muslim supplicates Allah Ta'ala for the good of this world or the Hereafter, Allah Ta'ala will grant him his request, and this moment appears every night." [Muslim]

In another Hadith, Rasulullah [salallahu alaihi wasallam] said, "The closest Allah Ta'ala gets to his servant is in the last portion of the night. If you possess the ability to be from among those who remember Allah, then become one of them." [Tirmidhi]

Rasulullah [salallahu alaihi wasallam] said, "When one third of the night remains our Rabb [Lord], Most High, Most Exalted, descends to the first sky and announces, "Who is there to beseech Me that I may answer his prayer and who is there to seek forgiveness that I may forgive him.' Then He spreads out His hands [of kindness
and mercy] and proclaims, "Who will grant a loan to the One who is neither a destitute or an oppressor.� [Muslim]

The time of Tahajjud extends from the time of Isha until SUBHE SADIQ [true dawn]. Ahadith related from Hadhrat Aa'isha [radhiyallahu anha] state that Nabie [salallahu alaihi wasallam] sometimes performed Tahajjud in the early portion of the night and on occasions when half the night had passed. However, towards the latter part of his
 life he frequently performed it in the last portion of the night. As the night progresses, Allah Ta'ala's Mercy and Blessings increase. Hence, the last sixth of the night is most preferred.
[Maktoobat Shaikh ul Islaam 77 p 202 - Fatawa Rahimiya vol 2 p 376]

All other practices {Ibadah and zikr} of ours even if may not be intended to show others but are still either known or seen by others. But this salah is only between a believer and his Rabb. When the whole world is in sleep and there's peace and tranqulity all around, at these moments when a believer whispers his prayers ------what a beautiful moment will it be. ------

Edited by seekshidayath
Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: �All the descendants of Adam are sinners, and the best of sinners are those who repent."
Female Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seekshidayath Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 March 2007 at 5:53am

As'salamualaikum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatuhu,

Glad to see u back .Both u and fatima are following the footsteps of amah . This section was dull. Well, insha-allah will post them very soon.

Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: �All the descendants of Adam are sinners, and the best of sinners are those who repent."
Alwardah View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alwardah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 March 2007 at 4:23am
Originally posted by seekshidayath seekshidayath wrote:

While here's a discussion of salah going on, how will it be if we discuss the importance of nawaafil salah . I mean Ishrak, Chast, Awabeen and Tahajjud as well. It may be a reminder as well ----

As Salamu Alaikum

Masha Allah you had a good idea here, why don't you post some articles on the topics mentioned.

Salams

�Verily your Lord is quick in punishment; yet He is indeed Oft-Forgiving Most Merciful (Surah Al-An�am 6:165)
"Indeed, we belong to Allah and to Him is our return" (Surah Baqarah 2: 155)
Female Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seekshidayath Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 February 2007 at 10:12pm

While here's a discussion of salah going on, how will it be if we discuss the importance of nawaafil salah . I mean Ishrak, Chast, Awabeen and Tahajjud as well. It may be a reminder as well ----

hat2010 View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hat2010 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 February 2007 at 5:27am
peace...

Bismillah -

During the course of the day, if there is a particular problem I want to
resolve or understand fully, I prepare to leave it's resolution for the time
after my prayer. And almost everytime (as a result of the prayer) I become
so overwhelmed with how grateful, how blessed I am just to have prayed, to
be deeper in a conscious living presence of the Divine....so overwhelmed,
that I return to those same problems with a sort of giddiness and fullness
that gives me a power to overcome anything...

T'barak Allah alikoom
fatima View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatima Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 February 2007 at 3:19am

Bismillah irrahman irrahim

Wa'alaikum assalam wa rahmatullahe wa barakatuhu

The businessman story was good, cudn't stop laughing, SubhanAllah

Salah is just amazing, gives you peace of heart and mind, this deep sense of happiness. Like the brother i cant remember who the sahabi radhiAllah Anh was but in one of the battles he got hit by an arrow and it penetrated his skin. The muslims waited for him to start his prayer so take the arrow out because they knew when he starts his prayer, he totally gets cut off from this world.

There is another story, i think of Imam Hasan Basri rahimullah alyh, once he was praying and his house caught fire. His wife took the kids and members of family out and try to take whatever she could. When later he finished his prayer, he saw the fire and rushed outside. His wife was quite angry with him and said to him that when our house was on fire and i needed help and i called for you, why did you not respond? He said, if i knew that our house is on fire and you needed help, i surely would have helped you. SubhanAllah.

Just recently some1 said to me that why muslims humiliate themselves by putting their forehead on ground. And i remembered this line of poetry 'milta hai kia namaz mein sajde mein ja kar dekh' basically it means that if you want to see what you get out of salah then go in sajood and you will find out. I also remember another piece of poetry from Iqbal which i cant remember word to word so give the translation of it. It goes something like this one sajdah which seem burden to you helps you raise up so that you dont have to bow infront of people of world.

And if we see the state muslim ummah is in, we clearly have to ask others for every thing even though Allah subhanahu wa ta'ala has blessed us with so many things. But thing that is missing is that sajdah, that islam and that spirit.

May Allah subhanahu wa ta'ala bless us with the ability to do deeds which are accepted by Him.

wassalam

Say: (O Muhammad) If you love Allah, then follow me, Allah will love you and forgive you your faults, and Allah is Forgiving, MercifuL
Female Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seekshidayath Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 February 2007 at 9:05pm

As'salamu alaikum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatuhu,

Fatima and Amah i got to learn two things from your observations and experience and i realised that it happened to me too. Like as Amah said  "if you have lost something and cannot remember at all, stand up for salah. Shaitan will surely come and remind you there". Yes it happened to me. I  thought may be Allah ta'ala reminded me of that lost thing. But certainly its a whispering from Satan.
As Fatima says  "  if you think of worldly matters during your Wudu then its more likely that you are going to get worldly thoughts in your prayers too" Hmm may be yes. And the very first step onwards we need to be attentive.

The very easy thing which i experience to offer my prayers with concentration is reciting variety of Quranic verses inorder to avoid mechanism. And naturally when we recite them we recall its translation too. This makes us feel as if we are offering our prayers  before Allah and are in conversation with.

This thought to pray as if its our last salah helps us to improve.

If we try to finish our household works setting our plans perfectly before or after salah timings, help us to stop worrying during namaaz. If at all if we happen to still worry abt  then lets remember that We are standing before Almighty who has control and commands over all things. If something goes wrong Allah ta'ala would insha-allah do it straight.

I just remembered a story of one of the sahabas and am sure even all must have heard it too. But just pardon me since i don't remember that sahabas name. It says that when he was once offering his salah ,. Soon after the salah, he left and every one present there wondered as why? but later when he returned , when asked the reason as why he left, he answered that while offering the salah, he remembered  his Garden. This he thought was a hindrance between him and Allah ta'ala. So he left immediately and gave that garden in charity so that now there will be no such disturbance. This was the khushu and khuzuh of those followers.
And the other instance is of Ab'bad ibn Bashr. He was once so much absorbed in salah that he did not even know that an arrow had hit him. He preferred  death rather than not  to stop his salah. Such was there concentration and  love for salah.

I feel  the intensity of faith does affect the concentration. Strong faith does help us not to deviate from.

I would like to share an other story which happened to hear recently. That during one of the taraweeh , imam sahab had forgotten the rakahs offered in total. When he asked the people there, few said some number and others said no it. There was like confusion amongst all of them, But suddenly  a man stood up and was very sure of that number. He was very confident. So he was asked as how was he that sure and confident. He said, actually i am a businessman and i was doing my calculations of my different branches in different rakahs. I completed my calculations and so am sure that we offered 20 rakats. This is the position of  a namazi.
May Allah ta'ala grant us love and concentration for salah and bestow us with strong faith. Pls do remember me especially in your dua's for granting me concentration in salah.

amah View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 February 2007 at 5:06am

Assalaamualaikum

Jazakallahkhair all of you for your posts.

Distraction in salah is a real hindrance. Reciting with tajweed and knowing what Iam reciting (ie. translation) helps me the most. But on and off shaitan still distracts me.

A scholar (cant remember who) apparently said that if you have lost something and cannot remember at all, stand up for salah. Shaitan will surely come and remind you there. All the stuff in the world will run through your head during salah. I think when we pray, shaitan is doing overtime.

I pray we all reach that level of khushu and pray as though we are seeing Allah.

seekshidayat: Surely, Salah prevents indecency and evil [al-Ankabut 29:45.]

jazakallahkhair for that.

wassalam

Allah is Sufficient as a Walee (Protector) and Allah is Sufficient as a Naseer (Helper).
(Surah An-Nisa, Chapter #4, Verse #45)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 11>
  Share Topic