FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Islam in Diversity

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 11>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
fatima View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatima Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 March 2007 at 6:06am

Bismillah irrahman irrahim

Wa'alaykum assalam wa rahmatullahe wa barakatuhu

I heard a speaker once describing 'riya', he said its seeing the creation as appose to the Creator. He said that if some1 who was about to perform an act of nafl or something similar and sees some people. Then changes his mind because people might think that he is showing off is also committing a riya. This is quite scary but at the same time a very good advice too.

wassalam

Say: (O Muhammad) If you love Allah, then follow me, Allah will love you and forgive you your faults, and Allah is Forgiving, MercifuL
amah View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 March 2007 at 12:53am
Originally posted by fatima fatima wrote:

Assalamu alaykum

I think its been quiet on this thread so what about a new topic, I was thinking about 'Riya', it is a very complicated matter which creeps into our lives without realising so what is riya and how can one get rid of it?

wassalam

Assalamu alaykum

Yes, thats a good topic. Jazakallahkhair

Riya comes from the word ruyah (to be seen).  It is considered a minor shirk.

The Prophet, sallallaahu `alayhi wa sallam, said:

"Shall I not inform you of what I fear for you more than the maseeh ud-dajjaal? It is the hidden shirk. It is when a man stands up for prayer, then beautifies his prayer for another to look at." [Related by Ibn Maajah (2604) from the hadeeth of Aboo Sa`eed al-Khudree, radiyallaahu `anhu. The hadeeth is hasan.]

wassalaam

Allah is Sufficient as a Walee (Protector) and Allah is Sufficient as a Naseer (Helper).
(Surah An-Nisa, Chapter #4, Verse #45)
amah View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 March 2007 at 11:00pm
Originally posted by Alwardah Alwardah wrote:

Originally posted by amah amah wrote:

Assalaamualaikum

Jazakallahkhair for your continuous contributions. I have been unwell, will post later Insha Allah.

Wassalaam

As Salamu Alaikum

May Allah bless you with His Shifa Ameen

Salams

Assalaamualaikum

Jazakallahkhair for your duas ukhti and thousand apologies for late reply.

wassalaam

Allah is Sufficient as a Walee (Protector) and Allah is Sufficient as a Naseer (Helper).
fatima View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatima Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 March 2007 at 6:04am

Assalamu alaykum

I think its been quiet on this thread so what about a new topic, I was thinking about 'Riya', it is a very complicated matter which creeps into our lives without realising so what is riya and how can one get rid of it?

wassalam

Edited by fatima
Say: (O Muhammad) If you love Allah, then follow me, Allah will love you and forgive you your faults, and Allah is Forgiving, MercifuL
Alwardah View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alwardah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 March 2007 at 10:18am
Originally posted by amah amah wrote:

Assalaamualaikum

Jazakallahkhair for your continuous contributions. I have been unwell, will post later Insha Allah.

Wassalaam

As Salamu Alaikum

May Allah bless you with His Shifa Ameen

Salams

“Verily your Lord is quick in punishment; yet He is indeed Oft-Forgiving Most Merciful (Surah Al-An’am 6:165)
"Indeed, we belong to Allah and to Him is our return" (Surah Baqarah 2: 155)
amah View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 March 2007 at 9:15am

Assalaamualaikum

Wassalaam

Alwardah View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alwardah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 March 2007 at 4:06am

As Salamu Alaikum wa Rahmatullahi wa Barakatuhu

Masha Allah Jazakallahu Khairan for the Ahadith.

I feel Salatul-Tahajjud is the most important of the Nawafil Salah. Like the Ahadith mention, it is the Salah of the pious, the best time to pray as Allah Subhanahu wa Ta'ala I so near us. Subhanallah. Alhamdulillah! Allahu Akbar.

This is one of my favourite Salah: Duha I try my best to perform them everyday.

Narrated by Ibn Abu Laila (Radhi Allahu Anhu): Only Um Hani (Radhi Allahu Anha) told us that she had seen the Prophet (Sallallahu 'Alayhi wa Sallam) offering the Duha (forenoon prayer). She said, "On the day of the conquest of Mecca, the Prophet took a bath in my house and offered eight Rakat. I never saw him praying such a light prayer but he performed perfect prostration and bowing. Narrated 'Abdullah bin Amir that his father had told him that he had seen the Prophet (Sallallahu 'Alayhi wa Sallam) praying Nawafil at night on the back of his Mount on a journey, facing whatever direction it took.  (Al-Bukhari vol 2 #207)

Volumn 003, Book 031, Hadith Number 202.

-----------------------------------------

Narrated by Abu Hurairah (Radhi Allahu Anhu): My friend (the Prophet) (Sallallahu 'Alayhi wa Sallam) advised me to observe three things:

1. To fast three days a month.

2. To pray two Rakat of Duha prayer. (fore-noon prayer)

3. To pray Witr before sleeping.

Wa Alaikum Salam

“Verily your Lord is quick in punishment; yet He is indeed Oft-Forgiving Most Merciful (Surah Al-An’am 6:165)
"Indeed, we belong to Allah and to Him is our return" (Surah Baqarah 2: 155)
seekshidayath View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seekshidayath Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 March 2007 at 9:30pm

Lets start up with Tahajjud

Hadhrat Abdullah bin Salaam [radhiyallahu anhu relates, "When Nabie [salallahu alaihi wasallam] entered Madinah [during the Hijrah], people flocked to him, I also went to scrutinise him. When I saw his face, I observed that it was not the face of an imposter. The very first words I heard him say was, "O Mankind, disseminate Salaam,
 feed others, strengthen kinship, and establish Salaah while the rest of mankind is asleep." [Mishkaat]

The fourth deed which is mentioned in this Hadith is “Performing Salaat while the rest of mankind is asleep."
In the Quraan, Allah Ta'ala said, "And the servants of The Most Gracious [Allah] are those ... who spend the night in
adoration of their Lord, prostrating and standing [in Qiyaam]." [25:64]

In another Hadith, Nabie [salallahu alaihi wasallam] said, "Be vigilant in standing up [in prayer] at night for it was the practise of the pious before you. It is a means of gaining proximity to Allah Ta'ala, an expiation for transgressions and a barrier from sins. [Tirmidhi]

Note: In this Hadith, Nabie [salallahu alaihi wasallam] emphasized the importance of Tahajjud, its virtues and spiritual benefits. "The pious before you " refer to the Ambiyaa [alaihimus salaam] and their faithful followers.

"Gaining proximity to Allah Ta'ala" is the objective of man's existence. This is only possible by total servitude to Allah Ta'ala. Allah Ta'ala, addressing Nabie [salallahu alaihi wasallam] says, "Prostrate and gain closeness to Allah Ta'ala. [105:19]

In a Hadith-e-Qudsi, Allah Ta'ala says, "If my servant comes closer to me by one span, I go towards him a cubit’s length, if he comes to me a cubit’s length, I go towards him an arm’s length, and if he walks towards me I run unto him." [Bukharie; Muslim]

This Hadith implies that if man increases his devotion to Allah Ta'ala, Allah Ta'ala increases His Mercy and Kindness proportionately far greater.  "Getting closer" and "running" signify immediate increase in Allah's Blessings and Mercy.

The subject of this Hadith has also been narrated in other Ahadith with slight variations. In one Hadith together with the above three virtues mention is made of Tahajjud being a cure for jealousy, while another mentions it to be a cure for physical ailments. Another Hadith states, "Salaah at night guards one from sin, cools the wrath of
 Allah and it is a protection from the heat of the Day of Judgement." [Fadhail-e-Tahajjud

Rasulullah [salallahu alaihi wasallam] said, "At night there is such a moment in which a Muslim supplicates Allah Ta'ala for the good of this world or the Hereafter, Allah Ta'ala will grant him his request, and this moment appears every night." [Muslim]

In another Hadith, Rasulullah [salallahu alaihi wasallam] said, "The closest Allah Ta'ala gets to his servant is in the last portion of the night. If you possess the ability to be from among those who remember Allah, then become one of them." [Tirmidhi]

Rasulullah [salallahu alaihi wasallam] said, "When one third of the night remains our Rabb [Lord], Most High, Most Exalted, descends to the first sky and announces, "Who is there to beseech Me that I may answer his prayer and who is there to seek forgiveness that I may forgive him.' Then He spreads out His hands [of kindness
and mercy] and proclaims, "Who will grant a loan to the One who is neither a destitute or an oppressor.” [Muslim]

The time of Tahajjud extends from the time of Isha until SUBHE SADIQ [true dawn]. Ahadith related from Hadhrat Aa'isha [radhiyallahu anha] state that Nabie [salallahu alaihi wasallam] sometimes performed Tahajjud in the early portion of the night and on occasions when half the night had passed. However, towards the latter part of his
 life he frequently performed it in the last portion of the night. As the night progresses, Allah Ta'ala's Mercy and Blessings increase. Hence, the last sixth of the night is most preferred.
[Maktoobat Shaikh ul Islaam 77 p 202 - Fatawa Rahimiya vol 2 p 376]

All other practices {Ibadah and zikr} of ours even if may not be intended to show others but are still either known or seen by others. But this salah is only between a believer and his Rabb. When the whole world is in sleep and there's peace and tranqulity all around, at these moments when a believer whispers his prayers ------what a beautiful moment will it be. ------

Edited by seekshidayath
Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: �All the descendants of Adam are sinners, and the best of sinners are those who repent."
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 11>
  Share Topic