IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Culture & Community > Groups : Women (Sisters)
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - uncomfortable at the Mosque  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

uncomfortable at the Mosque

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
mariyah View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mariyah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: uncomfortable at the Mosque
    Posted: 31 May 2009 at 7:55pm
Hmmm seems he has not followed the counsel to lower his gaze?Wink
"Every good deed is charity whether you come to your brother's assistance or just greet him with a smile.
proudmuslima3 View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote proudmuslima3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2009 at 10:18pm
Salams sister I also went thu that n it makes me so angry. Ive been muslim almost 4yrs and i married into polygamy.The community was not embracing me at all. It was so disappointing cause muslims should not behave like this especialy with new muslims. They know better. 4 me what made it worse was that my community is all my husbands family and my co-wifes family. It was 2 the point that i stop goin to the mosque cause they made me feel unwelcomed. N almost 4yrs later its a little better, but not the way it should be so i go to another mosque my husband doesnt agree but he doesnt understand. He thinks i should ignore it but easy said then done. so ill make dua 4u and insha Allah u make dua 4me
herjihad View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote herjihad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 December 2006 at 2:09pm
Originally posted by ak_m_f ak_m_f wrote:

Originally posted by Maryah Maryah wrote:

Salaams sisters:

There is a forum that was recently created called the Modern Muslimah Forum. You can find it at http://momuf.18.forumer.com/index.php[/COLOR">?

The sisters there are nice and if you identify yourself as female then you can get the password for the halaqa forum where the bros cant go and we can do "girltalk" without being read by the men.

what if some guy joins posing as woman?   

Salaams and Bismillah,

Of course that will happen.  Then again, we sisters have WAYS of telling.

Al-Hamdulillah (From a Married Muslimah) La Howla Wa La Quwata Illa BiLLah - There is no Effort or Power except with Allah's Will.
herjihad View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote herjihad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 December 2006 at 2:08pm
Originally posted by Abeer23 Abeer23 wrote:

Originally posted by Muslimah07 Muslimah07 wrote:

Salaam Imeeca/LaQuia!

Everybodys so scared somebody gonna take their brokedown looking, 'living paycheck-to-paycheck' husband.

LOL.  I needed a good laugh today.

Salam

Salaams and Bismillah,

Laugh a good, cold, hard laugh then.

Al-Hamdulillah (From a Married Muslimah) La Howla Wa La Quwata Illa BiLLah - There is no Effort or Power except with Allah's Will.
ak_m_f View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ak_m_f Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 December 2006 at 10:16pm
Originally posted by Maryah Maryah wrote:

Salaams sisters:

There is a forum that was recently created called the Modern Muslimah Forum. You can find it at http://momuf.18.forumer.com/index.php[/COLOR">?

The sisters there are nice and if you identify yourself as female then you can get the password for the halaqa forum where the bros cant go and we can do "girltalk" without being read by the men.

what if some guy joins posing as woman?   
mariyah View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mariyah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 December 2006 at 9:32pm

Salaams sisters:

There is a forum that was recently created called the Modern Muslimah Forum. You can find it at http://momuf.18.forumer.com/index.php?

"Every good deed is charity whether you come to your brother's assistance or just greet him with a smile.
niqab_ummi View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote niqab_ummi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 December 2006 at 6:20pm

Assalamu'Alaikum Sister,

We've all been the new sister at the masjid.

I think we've all experienced the same thing.

Our family moved from CA to MI and we attend a masjid with 99.9% IndoPak families...we are not from that region so not only is their a language barrier there is vast cultural differences from dress to family living etc.....We've been going there for nearly 6 years and I only have a few sister that I talk to and it took almost 4 years to meet them....

I found out from them that they all thought I was from Iraq because I wear my clothing according to Shariah and it's almost always black...LOL...they thought I couldn't speak english.....LOLOLOLOL! Here I thought I was being ignored and guess what....Oh I had a good laugh about that and I just told them spread the word!!!!!!

Oh well life goes on....I only go to masjid for one reason and that is to please Allah and to be a good muslimah.....so just go for the right reasons and everything will work out....Insha'Allah!

I still rarely go to monthly dinners and if I do it's close to the end when it's almost time for magarib...I have a real issue with monthly dinner turnouts vs. jummah turnouts...but that's just my hang-up......

MasSalaama

Umm Abdelkhalek
Abeer23 View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Abeer23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 December 2006 at 4:42pm
Originally posted by Muslimah07 Muslimah07 wrote:

Salaam Imeeca/LaQuia!

Everybodys so scared somebody gonna take their brokedown looking, 'living paycheck-to-paycheck' husband.

LOL.  I needed a good laugh today.

Salam

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
  Share Topic