IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Interfaith Dialogue
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Great love for jesus led me to Islaam  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Great love for jesus led me to Islaam

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 6789>
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote varshaken Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 June 2005 at 9:43am
Hi Mr. Sanjiv!!!!!!!!

I am not interested in starting a topic on Buddhism or discuss about Buddhism.:)

I have found a topic started by another member Fuhad. He says that I started talking about Buddhism. I did not start anything Buddhism.

Are you and Fuhad the same person?

Varshaken, the Samurai.
AhmadJoyia View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AhmadJoyia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 June 2005 at 12:07pm

My Dear Brother Varshaken,

This is surprising to me when you say that I have never explained whatever you asked. Infact my endeavor to answer and reply each question of yours led me to write line by line response to your questions and yet I see you complaining about. Are we reading the same thread in the same language? I am somewhat puzzled over this. Kindly go back to my responses to your question and let me know which question of yours remain un-answered. However, I don't bear the responsability of putting wrong questions by you. Anyhow, due to your complaint about this, I am again restoring my format of line by line response.

Originally posted by varshaken varshaken wrote:

Hi Mr.AhmadJoyia!!!!!!

First thing, you never explain me whatever I ask or question. Then you linger at something irrelevent even to a Buddhist.

Just on the face of your own question, I don't understand your way of reasoning. You say "irrelevent even to Buddhist". Ofcourse, there would be thousands of such questions that may seem irrelevent to Buddhist but from logical standpoint, they remain important for non-Buddhist. Avoiding them by simply ignoring them is what my biggest compliant with you. Even in your current reply, you didn't even bother to talk about the canonization process through which Tripitika is now known, and which I specifically mentioned in my shortest possible response. Once you say that you follow the teachings of your teacher (Gotama Buddha), shouldn't we look at those teachings. If not, then you should tell us from which channels you got your teachings from Gotama Buddha?

Quote  I dont understand why I should prove you what I believe. I did not say that Buddhism is God's religion or anything like that. And I didnt even force you to believe what I believe. I have told you I know the exact names of who have written the Tripitaka.

Ok, this time I must be thankfull to you that at last after spending so many days, finally you provided the partial list (I am assuming "..." in the end of your list means "and many more") who wrote Tripitika. In this line of reasoning, how many more authors should I expect to be in this list, (just a rough guess would be ok with me), i.e. ten more, or 50 more or 100 more or what? Finally, is this book a complete record of teachings of your teacher or there are many others that have not been recorded in this book and are available elsewhere as well?

And not all Buddhists read it. Its just like a guide and it should not be followed blindly as "written by God" "sent by an angel" "told by a prophet". One has to discover them by themselves.

So, you mean they (Buddists) do read it for guidance and follow it not blindly but "un-blindly". So what are those guidelines in this book that you say one has to discover them by themselves? Can you provide a summary of them, so that we can see if they differ from your stand point and the one mentioned on the Buddist websites.

The list of writers is very long, and I will be giving only a few names. But I need the names of the one who wrote Koran. This is the list of the writers of Pali Tipitaka, Ananda, Anujasena, Aranyagupta, Anayul, Upari, Kashyapa, Rahur, Somberu, Saribul, Majnyon, Vrishcha, Purona, Kajonyon, Subori, Suroya...

Ok, now coming to your provided list of authors or Tripitika, can you let me know that except Ananda, who all others are? I mean were these the direct disciples of Gotama Buddha? I tried hard on the internet to verify your list but couldn't find the names in your list to match up with theirs except for the Ananda. There are many websites which does talk about disciples of Gotama, but none of them contain the names of authors of tripitika that you have provided. Here are few of them

http://stone.buddhism.org/eng/seokguram/disciple.html

http://web.singnet.com.sg/~sidneys/disciples.htm 

http://www.nibbana.com/disciple.htm

http://www.buddhanet.net/pdf_file/bud-disciples.pdf

Kindly send me the reference of your source of information regarding the authors of Tripitika.

Not letting your question go unanswered, though repeating myself again and again, the actual author of Quran is God. Through His messanger Prophet Mohammad this book has reached to humans. Since Prophet Mohammad didn't know how to read to write, the verses were not only memorized by the followers of Mohammad but were also pen down by the scribes appointed by him. These verses were then used to be recited during the daily prayers (5 times a day). After the revelation of Quran was complete, Prophet Mohammad specified the order in which these verses must be in a particular chapter (Surahs). After this was done, Prophet Mohammad took special care to recite the whole Quran in the month of Ramadan (month of fasting) during the nightly prayer of Taraweah (a special prayer arranged in the month of Ramadan). It is in this context that whole Quran is preserved right from its day of inception. For more info kindly refer to http://www.sunnah.org/history/quran_compiled.htm

or many other similar websites.

Remember my first post? I told you, we cannot find real Buddhism over the internet. I even told you that Buddhism was combined into the local beliefs of the people.

Yes, I remember that you mentioned not much literature has been put onto internet. However, I do expect some atleast must be there on the internet. Then in our course of discussion you alluded about Dalai Lama of Tibet as one of your true Buddha of present time. Therefore, isn't it reasonable to look at some of the websites by Tibetean Buddhas? Then how do you negate these websites? In any case, you need to provide the evidence of pure form of Buddhaism that, according to you, is still preserved with you. Till that time, we are just talking in the air.

Reasoning is very difficult. Everyone cannot reason, one should have a great much courage to reason things. Buddhism is actually a religion for the courageous. One needs to be very brave to be non-violent and rational. The non-violence should be the non-violence of the lion, which lets prey walk by, because he is not hungry and knows he can get them any time he wants.

But what happens when the lion is hungry? All non-violance goes away just in a blink of an eye as the loin must now has to eat. Eat by devouring other animals. Is this the justification Buddist have for once they are in fight with other nations? I mean on the basis of principles, can Buddhist still fight with an evil? but other than that, they are just peace loving non-voilent people. 

Quote  But unfortunately or fortunately Buddhism was accepted by many. I told you that I would not like anyone to convert to Buddhism.

Isn't it a selfish approach? Do you want, only you to enjoy the benefits of (your) Truth?

Quote  Buddhism is not at all a system of control as Muhamadanism is.

I haven't heard of "Muhamadanism" before. Can you explain what do you mean by it over here? If it is with respect of Islam, then I may smell a change in your mood in our discussion since you never used this word while refering to Islam. Why is this change? Do you feel offended when I ask some difficult questions or what? If yes, then kindly do let me know to avoid them, however, some questions are basic to establish the authenticity of some of your statements which they are not substantiated by Buddist websites. Such as the names of authors of Tripitika you provided and those mentioned on these websites.

Quote Buddhism does not say that only Buddhists are fit for Heaven.

Then, who else you think are fit for (Buddist) heaven?

For your kind information, no website is mine. If you point me to another website which says something else, I dont bother about it. I know what I follow is the right path not because someone has authenticated my belief but because I KNOW I am following the right path.:-)

Aren't you Buddist? If yes, then aren't these Buddhist websites reflect your beleifs? Same as you accepted Dalai Lama as your Buddhist leader, why would you not accept the websites which claim to have Dalai lama as their leader too? I mean, there may be difference in opion about some issues hence different schools of thought exists in Buddhaism, but denying them all togather is something else. You can make exceptions to some of their views but not all. Howver, even if you denouce all the contents of all the websites of Buddhaism, then, I think you are talking of extremely minority view of Buddist relegion. Hence don't represent to be from main stream Buddist traditons. Though, you can still call yourself a Buddhist, however, you need to authenticate your views through some other sources (articles, books or some journals) as well. 

And beliefs which we hold are very uncommon. Only a few understand what Buddhism is. But this does not mean that I am against others. We are all just learning. Our paths may be different, but the destination is the same.

This is a very sweeping statement. You need to talk in specifics rather than just using words like "other" or "our" to mean anyone in this world or only Buddists etc.

I have some questions, I really would like to know answers from you, these questions are exclusively to you, not for other Moslems or anyone else,

Oh, why are you making exceptions for me only? Did I ever say my Islam is different than other Muslims? Its you who took such a position and not me. Then why would you restrict other muslims to respond to your questions?

1st Question: Who wrote Koran? I know that Koran was sent by God, but I need the authors.

Yes, the author of Quran is God. Simple and straight forward answer. However, from your own referred website about Quran as well as my above referred website provides more elaborative reply to this answer.

2nd Question: Do you have any proof that Arabi is not a consonantal language during the time of Muhamad? If so, can you please tell it to me?

I didn't say that at the time of Muhammad (pbuh) arabi was consonantal. Infact, I said non-consonantal nature of arabic is an attribute of flexability for the native people of this written language than having any restriction. However, this flexiblity in language became a restriction when the Quran became known to non-arabic speaking people. It was in this situation that a system of consonant was introduced to preserve the true pronounciation of the Quranic text. Even now people of arabia, may still be using Quran without consonants since they are not restricted with the familiarity of the language.

3rd Question: You agree with me that "Truth requires no prop".

No, I didn't agree to it. Kindly go back to my response to your assertion where I provided logical arguments to negate your point of view. But alas, that you remained emotional than providing any counter logic to defend your position.

But when we do not consider Koran to be the word of God, then why does Koran become irrational?

As your assumption to this question is wrong hence your subsequent reasoning must also be wrong. Secondly, kindly provide any specific reference from Quran, that you have yourself read and found irrational. Kindly don't say that you heard it from your "muslim" friend or your understanding of these saying. Be specific and Inshallah, I shall try my best to respond to it. 

Quote I think you know that one truth does not depend on assumptions or even another truths. So please can you give me any proof regarding the authenticity of Koran being the word of God?

Which truth are you talking about over here? Spiritual truth or physical truth? For spiritual truth, spiritual proofs are provided and for physical truth, physical proofs are provided. One can't assume the same kind of proof for the both. Do you? I don't think so. Therefore, it is more wise to be precise in the premise of your question.

4th Question: Can you please tell me what was the method of meditation of Muhamad? You were telling that it is totally different from what I told about meditation. So can you please tell me your edition of meditation which does not require concentration as you say?

I don't know what kind of it was. However, it doesn't warrant that your way of meditation is same as the prayer/meditation of Prophet Mohammad before his prophethood. Since it was you who is bent upon equating the two, therefore onus of burdun to prove lies on you and not me. Though I simply assumed it, it is not worse than your assumption either.

5th Question: I think you dont have any concept of rebirth. If at all rebirth will be proved, then your belief would go wrong. What is your comment?

Again, I think, you are mixing the two truths with their proofs here. Our concept of getting alive on the day of judgement is related to spiritual truth and it can only be proved or disproved through spiritual evidence. Though, I don't know what is the kind of your concept of rebirth, however, if its also related to spiritual truth, then finding a physical proof is simply a falacy. Therefore, providing spiritual evidence to prove a physical truth or vice versa are tools of illogical minds.

I found that, you are just here to prove that what I believe is false. I dont bother even if what I believe is proved false.Truth shall prevail

So what does bother you then? I think its a high time for someone to say this. That is same as saying truth may prevail even though I may be false. Shouldn't someone like to know and understand about truth rather than falsehood. BTW, I have only presented what any nominal logical mind would naturally do to your thinking. If you have any counter arguments, you are most welcome and I shall not hesitate to learn from them. 

. I am here to learn, and not to submit to anothers' beliefs.:-)

Again, even if you learn about Truth from here, would you not submit? Isn't it an arrogant behaviour? This only reflects someone's closed mind to understand about anything he is intending to learn, what to talk about Truth.

I would consider myself most fortunate if you can answer me the above questions.

Thanking you,

Varshaken, the Samurai.

I don't know if my replies have brought any fortune to you or not, as I believe, that it only comes from God and God only. Rest God knows the best.

varshaken View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote varshaken Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 June 2005 at 7:42pm
Hi Mr. AhmadJoyia!!!!!

I am not at all interested in reading your meaningless answers or your long meaningless posts. No more questions to you as I have fully understood that you are not the right person to be asked.:|

One day everyone has to die, then they will definitely know the reality about life and death. Its only a matter of time. I need not prove you anything. God has His own way to show Himself up. So I have no qualms against you or anyone else.:)

Unnecessarily I am being termed as the starter of Buddhism topic.

Varshaken, the Samurai.
Sanjiv View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sanjiv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 June 2005 at 8:54pm

Oh no brother Varshaken I wasn't implying that you were interested. Perhaps I should have made myself clearer. Just wanted a hearty discussion and share what I know thats all. Just to clear things me and Fuhad are not the same person.

Peace Varshaken.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AhmadJoyia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 June 2005 at 10:06am

O my dear Bro Varshken,

I thought I had provided a meaningful response with all my attention. How could you say the response is meaningless without even reading it? Kindly point out the response where you think it is meaningless other than where the question itself was also meaningless. Nevertheless, you again succeeded in avoiding the question of canonization of Tripitika; congratulations!! But would you think, by doing this, the truth can be hidden? I don't think so. My bro its an information age. Time has gone once these doctrinal info was only known to a group of select few. Whatever they used to say, the listeners had no options but to accept them on the face of it. Now, people ask references about any info they provide. Authenticity of their sayings is the foremost requirement that must be assertained. No fairy tales can be accomodated. Though, you haven't related any such story in this forum, however, one can't deny their presence in Buddhaism especially once they are in easy access of internet. If you don't have anything contrary to these websites which may support your point of view by putting aside their fairy tales, then, I think this can serve as the closing statement of our long discussion. Have a nice day.

varshaken View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote varshaken Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 June 2005 at 10:39am
Hi Mr.Sanjiv!!!!!!!

I am not even interested in a hearty discussion. It will definitely end up as a comparison between religions which I dont like.

Varshaken, the Samurai.
varshaken View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote varshaken Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 June 2005 at 11:20am
Hi AhmadJoyia!!!!!!!!!!

I dont know why you have so much interest in Buddhism. I have told you that there are no good websites for Buddhism. Even our own Lankan website does not provide good information. They have just become like a competition over the internet. You said you did not find any of the names over the internet. Thats not a problem because names change. Gautama is written as Gotama, Gowtama, Goutama. I wonder what you mean by "verify" those names. How can you verify when you dont find anything. Thats the reason I am here. I want to know about Islaam from a live Moslem. And not one Moslem, but many Moslems.

We do not consider Tripitaka as you consider Koran. So you need not bother about its "canonization" or "authentication".

No one is forcing you to believe Tripitaka. For your satisfaction, consider it to be nothing for time being. I will answer your questions in detail regarding Tripitaka's canonization and what is present in it after I know about Islaam. If you dont want to answer my questions, I will not be forcing you. It is better to take one religion at a time rather than comparing both.:)

I dont want any authentication of Koran.

We shall start froms basics.

I am not at all interested in "physical truths".
Tell me what you mean by "spiritual truths" and why do you think they cant be proved or realised by everyone?

Thanking you,,

Varshaken, the Samurai.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AhmadJoyia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 June 2005 at 2:20pm

Ok, Bro Varshaken, I shall begin as unusual, with replies to your questions and then, in the end may request some answers from you.

Your foremost question is concerning "spiritual truth". I think I have already provided a very detailed and elaborative reply to these questions in my earlier posts. However, repeating again, if it make sense for someone is all what is needed. By "spiritual truth", I mean (as per my personal opinion) anything that is not observable, measureable and hence not repeatable. In the same token, hence, can't be realised by everyone simply because its not observable not measureable and hence not repeatable. Since I am not a philosopher or theologian, hence can't say anything more than this. Though this veiw may not be very precise, but it would be interesting to see what alternate definitions are for this. 

Now coming to my question, can you explain how you acquire your knowledge from your teacher especially when you say that Gotam Buddha is your teacher Viz a Viz you also mentioned that he is not dead and had just left his body centuries ago?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 6789>
  Share Topic