IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Interfaith Dialogue
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Refutation of Dr. Zakir Naik  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Refutation of Dr. Zakir Naik

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
AhmadJoyia View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AhmadJoyia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Refutation of Dr. Zakir Naik
    Posted: 16 May 2005 at 5:32pm
Originally posted by bharatiya bharatiya wrote:

About the translations, you haven't quoted actual text.

Probably you would like to tell us something about "law of manu" and its articles containing specifics about varna (caste) system through your own translation especially considering chapter 10. 

Buddy, if you don't like 'hinduism', its not a problem.  You need not try to degrade other religions to prove your religion to be great.

Peace and Love.

I didn't quote anything from any website against hinduism. Kindly verify and reconcile. 

Shams Zaman View Drop Down
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shams Zaman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2005 at 2:09pm

Dear Bhartayia

If you know the Sanskrit and can translate the Hindu religious scriptures in Urdu or English I would be very thankful and will definitly read them to comment. I have lot of intrest in other religous scriptures beside Islam.

Thank you for sparing your precious time for discussion and answering my queries. Actually Islam is very simple and there is not much philosphy involved. Mostly we are told in very clear tone what to do and what not to do. I have read your post in other forum just now. "Why I have starting to hate Islam". I will God Willing post reply to your questions shortly.

Regards, Shams Zaman.

bharatiya View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bharatiya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2005 at 1:17am
Originally posted by AhmadJoyia AhmadJoyia wrote:

Probably you would like to name some of these "inspired souls" who wrote your quotes (I mean the name of the author of your source) and you simply translated them "authentically" more than anyone else.

Inspired souls are like Sankaracharya, Swami Vivekananda etc.

Sankaracharya(who is considered to be the reincarnation of Buddha) was a great scholar who was born in 7th century AD.  He explained thoroughly what are written in the Vedas, Upanishads etc.

Swami Vivekananda was born in the 19th century.  And he had a great knowledge about Bharat.

It is said that, if you know Vivekananda totally, you will know India totally.

Quote Probably you may like to post your side of translation about these "wrong or misunderstood" translation from Manu Smriti.

About the translations, you haven't quoted actual text.

And I well know where you have taken this translation from.  From the same site you can find a lot more degradation of 'hinduism'.  I have visited that site long ago and I have even commented that the guy is a little twisted.

Similar sites can be found about Islam which defame the Prophet.  But don't you know that truth?  Likewise, I know that truth, I need not  defend myself.

And the one you have quoted "Daivadinam jagat ..." is definitely misinterpreted as I have already told 'devata' means angel and not God. LOL.

Buddy, if you don't like 'hinduism', its not a problem.  You need not try to degrade other religions to prove your religion to be great.

Peace and Love.

THE SOIL OF BHARAT IS MY HIGHEST HEAVEN, THE GOOD OF BHARAT IS MY GOOD.
AhmadJoyia View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AhmadJoyia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2005 at 5:26pm

Originally posted by bharatiya bharatiya wrote:

.........  Thats why I quote only the quotes from the inspired souls.  I just translate our Scriptures(authentically) and put them.

What you quoted from Manu Smriti are wrongly translated.  It takes not only a good Sanskrit scholar but also a man with great understanding.

Its not easy to translate our Scriptures.............

Probably you would like to name some of these "inspired souls" who wrote your quotes (I mean the name of the author of your source) and you simply translated them "authentically" more than anyone else.

Probably you may like to post your side of translation about these "wrong or misunderstood" translation from Manu Smriti.

Sorry for intruppting you guys, but couldn't hold on and thought to know the replies from such obvious questions. Regards

bharatiya View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bharatiya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2005 at 3:49am
Buddy Shams,

Yeah, I know, its not easy to understand 'hinduism'.  It takes a lot of thinking and meditation to understand it.

What people write does not change the Reality.  Thats why I quote only the quotes from the inspired souls.  I just translate our Scriptures(authentically) and put them.

What you quoted from Manu Smriti are wrongly translated.  It takes not only a good Sanskrit scholar but also a man with great understanding.

Its not easy to translate our Scriptures.

Yeah, I know, I myself don't consider Muslims as terrorists.  I use the word 'terrorist' only as a defence.  You see, terrorism is not associated with any religion.

I myself don't understand why my government clings to Kashmir.  Most of our temples were destroyed and the only shrine which is of importance is Amarnath.

I totally agree that we 'occupied' Kashmir, but I do not agree that Muslims are persecuted in Kashmir.  They just don't feel secure with all those security personnel and the freedom fighters out there.

You just ask any Indian Muslim if he was ill-treated anytime(religiously).
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shams Zaman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2005 at 2:46pm

Dear Kumar

There is indeed a strange contradiction in your answers. On one side you accepts that in Hinduism everyone has his own way of living, Hinduism is a way of living, there are no must religious rituals, you don't even are suppose to follow your religious scriptures and there is even no true Hindu.  And on the other side you are astonished once I say that there is no religious dimension in Hinduism.

Well while standing in bright sun light well how you can say its day light? Can I do something?? I can say nothing, These are some of your faith fellows who say this:

JAWAHARLAL NEHRU said in page 37 of his The Discovery of India:

"HINDUISM as a faith is vague, amorphous, many sided, all things to all men. It is hardly possible to define it, or indeed to say definitely whether it is a religion or not, in the usual sense of the word. In its present form, and even in the past, it embraces many beliefs and practices, from the highest to the lowest, often opposed to or contradicting each other."

The Manu Samriti says :

1. A Brahmin is born to fulfil Dharma. Whatever exists in the world is the property of the Brahmin. On account of the excellence of his origin, he is entitled to all. All mortals subsist through the benevolence of the Brahmin.
  2. Ignorant or learned, a Brahmin is still a great deity.

Dr Ambedkar says the cardinal principles of Brahminism are six:

1. Graded inequality between the different classes.
  2. The complete disarmament of the Shudras and Untouchables.
  3. The complete prohibition of education to the Shudras and Untouchables.
  4. Ban on the Shudras and the Untouchables in occupying places of power and authority.
  5. Ban on the Shudras and the Untouchables in acquiring property.
  6. The complete subjugation and suppression of women.

Also written in Manu Smriti that : "Inequality is therefore the official doctrine of BRAHMINISM" (IBID - 204). Similarly this is also written:

"Devadhinam jagat sarvarm Mantradhinam ta devata Tam Mantram Brahmandhinam Brahmana nam devata"

"The Universe is under the power of gods, The gods are under the power of the mantras, The mantras are under the power of the Brahmins, Therefore the Brahmins are our gods."

And why are most Muslims terrorists??

I will not agree to that, I would say that Muslims are suffering in the world and they are retaliating. Like in Kashmir, Palestine, Chechanya and Iraq etc. Why is everyone targeting them? Either they are wrong and rest of the world is right or they are right and rest of the world is wrong. So I can confidently say that those who follow Islam are on the right path because no other religion gives the concept of ONE GOD and universal GOD. Neither is a concept of universal Prophet in any religion. Nor any religious book is free of scientific errors except for Quran.

There are lot of Muslims who are not following their religion, and there are some among them who are terrorist like of in any other society. And why are they terrorists or hijackers because they don't follow the real teachings of Islam.

But as far as Osama etc are concerned their claims are right (US must exit the Saudi land) but their strategy is wrong. Well did he master mind the 9 11 attacks I don't believe so. You can read the famous book of Thierry Meyssan "9/11 THE BIG LIE". We will know 30 years from now that it was a big drama like of the operation planned against Cuba in the bay of pigs which the Pentagon has de-classified recently.

The biggest beneficiary of this incident are the neo-cons and the zionists in the US admnistration.

Shams Zaman 

bharatiya View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bharatiya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2005 at 10:10pm
Originally posted by Shams Zaman Shams Zaman wrote:

Dear Kumar

I am simply asking you that once you know a lot is wrong in the Hindu Philosphy then why you follow it?

Who said there is a lot 'wrong' in the 'hindu' Philosophy?  Our philosophy is the most perfect(if you dont want to believe, its your wish).

Quote What reason is this once you know there is some thing terribly wrong with Hinduism and it also lacks religious dimension why to follow it? Which is this logic.

Something terribly wrong?  Buddy, there is nothing wrong with so called 'hinduism'.  'hinduism' lacks religious dimension?  Who the hell did say it?

And you were asking why do I follow it.  The answer is BECAUSE I CHOOSE TO.

Quote And what is the purpose of live you have no concept of divine punishment so how does one get one. Only by becoming a lower specie animal no one has claimed to be one yet? And neither the population of the animals has grown as so many dead humans change their form to animals but rather most species are at the verge of extint. And once you yourself has not read the Hindu scriptures how can you say the other one qouting is wrong?

There is nothing like divine punishment.  Its a sin to call a person sinner.  We believe in 'Karma'.  Vaguely in english its 'Causality'.  Action...Reaction,  Cause...Effect.  If you do good, good will follow and if you do bad, bad will follow.

About animals and other kind of things, according to 'hinduism', after one has attained the Human dimension, then he will not go to the Animal dimension.  We always go up, not down.

Quote Lets suppose if I am wrong then should I continue like this or if you are wrong should you continue like this? Surely I am not responsible for deeds of anyone else but as as a fellow human I must try to save others from suffering a huge loss.   

Please, when there is nothing wrong with 'hinduism' or any religion for that matter, whats the point in "try to save others...".

Ok, lets suppose all the religions, except Islam, are inherently wrong.  THEN WHY MOST OF THE TERRORISTS IN THE WORLD ARE MUSLIMS?

Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shams Zaman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2005 at 12:20pm

Dear Kumar

I am simply asking you that once you know a lot is wrong in the Hindu Philosphy then why you follow it?

And what  "truth"  is it?  You  believe  in submission  to Allah.  So be it.  We believe in  realisation .  We believe in reason.  Our ancestors have asked us not to believe blindly(which few follow in modern India).  They asked us to reason out everything.

What reason is this once you know there is some thing terribly wrong with Hinduism and it also lacks religious dimension why to follow it? Which is this logic. And what is the purpose of live you have no concept of divine punishment so how does one get one. Only by becoming a lower specie animal no one has claimed to be one yet? And neither the population of the animals has grown as so many dead humans change their form to animals but rather most species are at the verge of extint. And once you yourself has not read the Hindu scriptures how can you say the other one qouting is wrong?

I will certainly agree that you must meet Zakir and if he is quoting wrong you must tell him to stop. Because no one has the right to quote wrong but if he is not wrong I will certainly like to listen to your view point. 

Lets suppose if I am wrong then should I continue like this or if you are wrong should you continue like this? Surely I am not responsible for deeds of anyone else but as as a fellow human I must try to save others from suffering a huge loss.    

Shams Zaman   Pakistan.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic