IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Culture & Community > Groups : Women (Sisters)
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - I am confused about the verse  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

I am confused about the verse

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nausheen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: I am confused about the verse
    Posted: 11 March 2005 at 9:03am

Topic:  I am confused about the verse (1 of 1), Read 9 times  
Conf:  Corners: Women's
Date:  Wednesday, March 09, 2005 06:35 AM 

I am confused about the verse that says only azzaniya and azzani......I hope u know the verse i am referring to,meaning only unchaste women should be married to unchaste men and vice versa....
Pls can somebody clarify my thoughts...In these present days you hardly find chaste men...and u find most of these unchaste men selfishly seeking for virgins and unfortunately marrying them.
Is one suppose to seek a chaste man cos u are chaste? then i dont think i would be married in this recent world.
Or it means if one stops committing zinna or repents is entitle to a chaste woman and vice versa.???
If it means repenters are now classified as chaste and can marry their same or actual chaste persons.
Pls can they preach to men in mosques to stop making emphasis on virginity when they themselves know and brag that they are not virgins?
In the site of Allah zinna is zinna be u a man or a woman..And i hope they stop frustrating the young girls that made mistakes , atleast they repented unlike them that are still doing same.
What counts is what you presently doing not what you've done...If u sincerely repent u are as good as new in the site of Allah?
Pls i need a reply to make a decision about who to marry be it chaste or unchaste man.
Salam 

=============================================

Topic:  I am confused about the verse (2 of 5), Read 23 times 
Date:  Wednesday, March 09, 2005 07:25 PM 

Assalamualaikum wa rahmatullah wa barkatuhu,

Dear sister,

From what you said, it seems almost everyone has commited the sin. ... if this were to be true, our community is in a bad shape :(

Before answering to your question, it should be emphasised that zina is one of the major sins in islam, and should not be taken lightly.

Sincere repentance from sins on the other hand, makes one pure, by the will and permission of Allah.

Any who sins, should repent, sincerely, vow never to return to the sin, and should take the means such that he/she may be able to avoid any circumstances that lead to the sin.

Having said that, the quranic ayah you have referred, indeed means that the pure are for the pure and impure for the impure.

I remember reading on Q&A section of an islamic website that if one sincerely repents from the sin of zina, he/she is indeed pure and can marry the pure.

Hope this answers your concerns.

Maa salaama,
Nausheen

Be not heedless of thy Lord
for even the blink of an eye,
Lest He directs His attention towards you,
and finds you unawares.

========================================

Topic:  I am confused about the verse (3 of 5), Read 26 times 
Date:  Wednesday, March 09, 2005 07:31 PM 

It needs to be mentioned, that bragging about sinful deeds in public is not from Islamic adab.

In an islamic society, the position recommended and upheld is that, one may not talk about his/her sins in public, thus influencing others in a negative way.

If the description or casual mention of sinful acts lead to removal of fear of allah from the hearts of other believers, this would be a second sin one may enter into by way of his/her first sin.

A believer should be cautious in all matters.

Maa salaama,
Nausheen

Be not heedless of thy Lord
for even the blink of an eye,
Lest He directs His attention towards you,
and finds you unawares.

==========================================

Topic:  I am confused about the verse (4 of 5), Read 28 times 
Date:  Wednesday, March 09, 2005 08:58 PM 

Es_Selam'un Aleykum ve Rahmetullahi ve Berakatuh,

I will be in that thread at the weekend,please be in the board at this time period...Wa Salaam...

============================================

Topic:  I am confused about the verse (5 of 5), Read 12 times  
Date:  Thursday, March 10, 2005 04:10 PM 

Thank you very much sis nausheen that was a perfect answer ..Jazakallah khairan

Edited by administrator
Nausheen View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nausheen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 March 2005 at 9:03am
Wa iyakum ya ukhti :)

Edited by administrator
ZamanH View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ZamanH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 March 2005 at 9:54pm

"...In these present days you hardly find chaste men..."

That is certainly not true for Muslim men in India. You seem to be talking about Muslims settled in the West. The prevalence of lechery among "Muslims" settled in the West is invariably due to the influence of the Western "culture". I have heard that the first-generation of Muslims settled in the West lose their culture; the second generation of them, their language and the third generation, thier religion.

semar View Drop Down
Male Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote semar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 March 2005 at 10:10pm

I agree that many muslim in the west they lost their language and culture, but not the religion. Culture is not necessary religion for example Islam teach we respect the elder but respecting elder in different area will be differ, in south east Asia holding the elder head is the worst act to elder, but not in turkey. In south east Asia calling elder by just the name is very bad, but not in the us and so on.

Also do not forget the fact that many new muslim, become muslim in the west. Also Muhammad Abduh statement that he saw muslim in Egypt but didn't see Islam there but he didn't see muslim in Europe (France) but he saw Islam there.

ZamanH View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ZamanH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 March 2005 at 10:21pm

"I agree that many muslim in the west they lost their language and culture, but not the religion."

I don't know. 

Besides I don't know what you mean by not losing religion. I once chatted with a "Muslim" in the IRC, who drinks wine, eats pork and has no qualms about sleeps with other men, yet she claimed to be a Muslim.

semar View Drop Down
Male Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote semar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 March 2005 at 10:37pm

in bombay or other places in asia i believe it 's not difficult to find muslim do the samething. In th other hand also it's not difficult to find good muslim in the west, as easy as in the east of course you have to go to the right place to find it. If you want to find a good muslim go to a good place, if you want to go find a bad muslim go to the bad place. You may heard in asia many drug dealers that captured are muslim from nigeria, moroco and some other muslim coutry.

Nausheen View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nausheen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 March 2005 at 3:55am

Auzubillahi minash shaitan ir rajeem,

Bismillah ir rehman ir rahim,

It is not right to generalise muslims according to their region.

There are many muslims in India who are not chaste, and may allah show them guidance.

On the other hand, there are several muslim brothers and sisters in the west who are striving with all their might to hold fast to islam.

Even the west has scholars, schools to teach islam, and communities where people are sincere to the deen, insha allah.

We must pray that all our brothers and sister, irrespective of their culture, color or origin, and irrespective of their country of residence remain steadfast. May all receive true guidance and may all be received as the successful on the day of reckoning, insha allah.

Ameen.

Edited by administrator
semar View Drop Down
Male Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote semar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 March 2005 at 9:50am

Agree Sr. Nausheen,
Again everywhere always there are good and bad muslims both, if you want to find good muslim go to masjid etc, if you want to find bad muslim go to bar, night club etc.

Salam/Peace,

Semar

"We are people who do not eat until we are hungry and do not eat to our fill." (Prophet Muhammad PBUH)

"1/3 of your stomach for food, 1/3 for water, 1/3 for air"
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic