IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Culture & Community > Groups : Women (Sisters)
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - I am confused about the verse  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

I am confused about the verse

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
chastebeauty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chastebeauty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: I am confused about the verse
    Posted: 05 April 2005 at 2:07am

Very funny Nausheen! I gave that a 2nd thought ,Guess we have enough of them everywhere, if you didnt clarify my thoughts about the verse in the beginning, I would have probably searched for the ones here in the states, but the problem is we are all here in the west .

Hey!!!  was i searching? , I thought you were the only person that understood my question?

Anyway, everyone pls disregard my comment "chaste men are hard to find these days".........Cheer up people in India and their alike, we acknowlegde your  presence  .

Edited by chastebeauty
Nausheen View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nausheen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 April 2005 at 9:09pm

Originally posted by <SPAN =bold>chastebeauty chastebeauty wrote:

If all the men in India were chaste,India is just how many percent of world's population

Every 6th human on earth is an Indian. India is the second largest population after China. - and the gap is closing very fast ...

This does not mean you start packing your bags for India, in your pursuit of a chaste man My comments are only for statistics

Maa salaama

<font color=purple>Wanu nazzilu minal Qurani ma huwa

Shafaa un wa rahmatun lil mo'mineena

wa la yaziduzzalimeena illa khasara.
[/COLOR]

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chastebeauty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 April 2005 at 7:43pm

Salam Zaman!

You really choose your course of action which is allowed, just like the way I am acting upon what i hear and see. Even If all the men in India were chaste,India is just how many percent of world's population and it hasn't changed my words " In these present days you hardly find chaste men". After all I didn't say there are no chaste men ok?

If you happen to be surrounded my those men, Alhamdulillah and lucky you.

Once again that was an additional comment expressing my concern for misunderstanding the verse.

Masalaam

ZamanH View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ZamanH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 March 2005 at 8:54pm
Originally posted by chastebeauty chastebeauty wrote:

Finally, Africa, America, Asia, wherever you both wanna mention I don't care but the fact is, none of u got my point which is to clarify my understanding with the verse and I guess the topic clearly explains it.

Please pardon me for posting again on this thread.

But, you shouldn't have said

"...In these present days you hardly find chaste men..."

That was inaccurate. Believe me, that is not true in India. How would you feel if I say there are very few chaste Muslim women on the basis that I believe most of the women in my place happen to be unchaste.??

ZamanH

semar View Drop Down
Male Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote semar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 March 2005 at 6:37pm
Originally posted by ZamanH ZamanH wrote:

"...In these present days you hardly find chaste men..."

That is certainly not true for Muslim men in India. You seem to be talking about Muslims settled in the West. The prevalence of lechery among "Muslims" settled in the West is invariably due to the influence of the Western "culture". I have heard that the first-generation of Muslims settled in the West lose their culture; the second generation of them, their language and the third generation, their religion.

I didn't say that India was bad, I love Dr. Zakir Naik, Dr. Nejatullah Siddiqui, also I love Dr. Muzamil Siddiqui that originated from India.

I just wanted to say that "in every community muslims, christians, jewish, hindus, budhist, no mater where they are, in the west or east, north or south there are good and bad followers. Good mean practicing their religion teaching, bad mean ignoring it.

Yes in different area have different challenges, but we don't need to much worry about that, because Allah says he doesn't see the result but the effort.

Edited by semar
Salam/Peace,

Semar

"We are people who do not eat until we are hungry and do not eat to our fill." (Prophet Muhammad PBUH)

"1/3 of your stomach for food, 1/3 for water, 1/3 for air"
fezziwig View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fezziwig Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 March 2005 at 12:30pm
Chastity, like licentiousness, is in the mind. And watch what you say. To quote Rochfaucauld: "A virtuous wife (spouse) is like a Great Treasure: best kept hidden".

F

Suleyman View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Suleyman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 March 2005 at 11:34am
Originally posted by Nausheen Nausheen wrote:

Auzubillahi minash shaitan ir rajeem,

Bismillah ir rehman ir rahim,

It is not right to generalise muslims according to their region.

There are many muslims in India who are not chaste, and may allah show them guidance.

Es_Selam'un Aleykum ve Rahmetullahi ve Berakatuh,

Adding to your sentences;we have seen so many respected scholars from India which they made us admired to this religion...the problem is not on the origin...Wa Salaam....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chastebeauty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 March 2005 at 4:09am

Salam!

I am so dissapointed in your response to the topic........this is what is taking we muslims backward busy carried away in unecessary things.Finally we got a website to share islam, yet we turn it into a room for critism.Authubillah!!!

I posted the question and i got my answer Alhamdulillah from Nausheen. Pls i would like a request to delete my topic cos it seems its leading to more personal details especially the region classification which i am not happy about..infact one of u "Semar to be specific"  mentioned my origin having bad people  ...at first u made sense that bad pple are everywhere ...But at the end u ended up contracdicting yourself mentioning places that are not even related to the person u r challenging,this is no site for politics or world news.

Pls mind ur words ..its a very small and short world.

Finally, Africa, America, Asia, wherever you both wanna mention I don't care but the fact is, none of u got my point which is to clarify my understanding with the verse and I guess the topic clearly explains it.

So please spare this site.

Salamualaykum

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic