IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Regional > Asia-Pacific
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Why didn’t Muslims leave India?  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Why didn’t Muslims leave India?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 8>
Author
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bharatiya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 April 2005 at 8:51pm
Originally posted by ZamanH ZamanH wrote:

But its the thing of the past.  Now caste system exists only as a political propaganda.

That's not right. But that's off the topic, therefore, I won't comment on it further.

Our holy book Bagavadh Gita was said by Krishna.  KRISHNA, THOUGH WAS A KSHATRIYA(SOLDIER), WAS RAISED A SHUDRA.  HE WAS A CATTLE GRAZER.

Quote What about so many Muslims supporting the Pakistani ISI?

What about funding the Kashmiri militants?

Whats wrong with our friendship with Israel?  When Pakistan is friends with China, why not India friends with Israel?  India is the only nation where the Jews were not persecuted.

I don't support "Islamic" terrorism. But Indian govt. did not manufacture the air Muslims breathe in, the land they live in or the water they drink.

[/quote]

Damn right.

Quote Muslims owe their allegiance to Allah and not the Indian Govt. Muslims identify themselves more with their religion than their country. We see Indian govt. as a partner, not as God.

Thanks for being so frank.

THE SOIL OF BHARAT IS MY HIGHEST HEAVEN, THE GOOD OF BHARAT IS MY GOOD.
bharatiya View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bharatiya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 April 2005 at 8:59pm

...unlike reformers in other religions such as Hinduism who attacked the practise of caste-system etc.

Please buddy,  caste-system is misunderstood.  There was nothing like untouchability in ancient India.  It was in the medieval India such an evil has come and its still continuing in some places.  Thats why there was Buddha(PBUH).

I dont want you people to understand 'hinduism'.  Its very hard to understand it.

I PLEAD YOU NOT TO SHOW SANATANA DHARMA IN BAD LIGHT.

Peace be to everyone.
ZamanH View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ZamanH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2005 at 7:03am
Casteism is wrong and has more disadvantages than advantages.

Edited by ZamanH
An enemy of an enemy is a fickle friend.
There will be more women in hell than men.
..for persecution is worse than the slaughter of the enemy..(Quran 2:191)
Heaven lies under mother's feet
ZamanH View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ZamanH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2005 at 7:14am

As an afterthought,

Hindus in a minority submit to the ways of the majority. Unfortunately  this is how they manage to survive,

That clearly betrays her intent to insult the Hindus as people having no principles. The line of reasoning is laughable and obviously flawed and  silly. The correct reason, though, is the deep sense of inferiorty  which Indians (both Hindus and Muslims) feel towards the West because of 150 years of coloniol rule and superiorty of WEstern science. The only remedy to get rid of the problem is to objectively evaluate each and every aspect of WEstern civilisation before adopting it.

bharatiya View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bharatiya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2005 at 7:46am

Casteism is wrong and has more advantages than disadvantages.

Brother Zaman,

The Varna(caste) system used to make sense some 6000 thousand years ago.  Krishna says that Varna system has broken.  He said it 5000 years ago.  Its a pity that its still being followed.  But it does not make any sense now.  It is being used to categorize for reservation for so called 'backward' classes.

Peace and Love.
bharatiya View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bharatiya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2005 at 7:50am

As an afterthought,

Hindus in a minority submit to the ways of the majority. Unfortunately  this is how they manage to survive,

That clearly betrays her intent to insult the Hindus as people having no principles.

Yes Zaman brother, it is true.  'hindus' tend to submit to the ways of the majority(they are in majority only in a few Carribean countries, Nepal and our own India).

May be for survival.

ZamanH View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ZamanH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2005 at 11:59am

Originally posted by bharatiya bharatiya wrote:

Quote What about so many Muslims supporting the Pakistani ISI?

What about funding the Kashmiri militants?

Whats wrong with our friendship with Israel?  When Pakistan is friends with China, why not India friends with Israel?  India is the only nation where the Jews were not persecuted.

I don't support "Islamic" terrorism. But Indian govt. did not manufacture the air Muslims breathe in, the land they live in or the water they drink.

Damn right.

Quote Muslims owe their allegiance to Allah and not the Indian Govt. Muslims identify themselves more with their religion than their country. We see Indian govt. as a partner, not as God.

Thanks for being so frank.

Yes, I am always frank. I don't/can't play with words.

Unlike the Israelis and the Americans,  I don't live on land which my forefathers stole form others and I live on what I earn. Even for the services that Indian govt. renders to me, it exacts taxes from me for that. I don't accept that I owe anything to the Indian govt. My support/opposition to the Indian govt. will be based purely on the values and interests of the Muslims (and not those of the Indians). But you need not feel scared of me because I care for the safety of my family and community. Muslim combatants, in general, are weak and poor (but not unrefined), they are fighting in their own lands for their own land. They won't take to arms unless they are compelled to do so.

And about the Kashmiris, I have met 15 Kashmiri Muslim males in all and all of them are in favour of separation from India. 6 of them actually want Kashmir to merge with Pakistan. I have met 2 Kashmiri Pandits and although they are scared of the insurgency in Kashmir, they don't hate the Kashmiri Muslims. I have met 3 Kashmiri Muslim girls, all of them want the Kashmir to be with India. But all of them are from upper class society and have Hindu boyfriends and will leave their motherland after marriage and thus, (I believe) their opinions hardly matters. Therefore, regarding Kashmir, I strongly believe (irrespective of what the "intellectuals" say) that at least plebiscite be held in Kashmir concerning where the Kashmiris would like to go- India, pakistan or indpdt. kashmir.

Edited by ZamanH
bharatiya View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bharatiya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2005 at 2:43am
Well Zaman bhai!

I am in favour of what the majority say.

But I think there are no classes or castes in Islam.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 8>
  Share Topic