IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Politics > Conspiracy Theories
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Rushdie  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedRushdie

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7891011 12>
Author
Senior  Member
Muslim
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 June 2010 at 10:43pm
Well Ron, the comment taken on face value, and especially from a Western perspective, is indeed troublesome, however I was only giving what I believe to be a cultural angle to his comment.  For example; President Hamid Karzai several months back made a comment about joining the Taliban.  Wow, for Western governments it was 'Henny-Penny, the Sky is Falling', but no big deal to an Afghani audience.  Similarly, I guess many in the Middle East and Afghanistan are scratching their heads about the fuss over General McCrystal.
martha View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 June 2010 at 2:14am
Isn't this Naik dude the one who said hoors had no gender? I believe he later retracted that statement, but it didnt look too clever.

Hehe, Henny Penny, I like that abuayisha!

some of us are a lot like cement:- all mixed up and permanently set
Sign*Reader View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 June 2010 at 7:37pm
Originally posted by martha martha wrote:

Isn't this Naik dude the one who said hoors had no gender? I believe he later retracted that statement, but it didnt look too clever.

They sure wouldn't have the reproductive sysytem then what do you say?  Henny Penny martha!
Kismet Domino: Faith/Courage/Liberty/Abundance/Selfishness/Immorality/Apathy/Bondage or extinction.
martha View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 June 2010 at 1:43pm
Originally posted by Sign*Reader Sign*Reader wrote:

They sure wouldn't have the reproductive sysytem then what do you say?� Henny Penny martha!

Hayfa View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Female
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 June 2010 at 8:49pm
When I was in Pakistan I listened to lots of lectures of Dr. Naik. He seemed fine. He was not some guy advocating bombing the Brits.. so Martha... he really has no ill- intentions upon the Brits. In fact you probably would have nodded your head as much as I did for what he said.

And yeah, the Brits ban him, US and Tariq Ramadan and Yusuf Islam... (they must fear the Peace Train..lol) So British govt bans Dr Naik.

And you must admit Martha, based on what I've read, you've got more to worry about from the disillusioned British youth than Dr. Naik.

And I can see where you might struggle with the lack of "religious" structure in Islam, but that is also its beauty. You can be where YOU want to be. Not because of what group you belong to. You are not required to follow the whims of a preacher or such. We are a rainbow of people, some of blues, some reds and some yellows...that does not mean we are all not part of a whole.

When you do things from your soul, you feel a river moving in you, a joy. Rumi
martha View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 June 2010 at 8:55am
Well, you have listened to Dr Naik..I haven't.
Like, I KNOW about the disillusioned British Youth and you have only read about them.
So it's the same scenario. We are not in agreement.
So it is with Theresa May. I feel she did the right thing. BUt I also said she should meet Dr Naik face to face. I have not said he should be permanently banned.

Lol, Islam is not beautiful because it has changed since Muhammad(pbuh) THere must be structure in religion or of course people will find it false, and it will be. GOd won;t have confusion in His true religion.
ANd I can;t see how muslims can be a rainbow people, as you put it.
Muhammad (pbuh) said there would be 73sects in Islam and only one will be saved. As it is there are more than 150 sects so far.
You say we are not required to follow the whims of a preacher or such..that is right, I don;t. And the same goes for hadiths..I don't follow them either as they contradict and confuse. Again, not what GOd would want for his believers is it?
Lol, we will just have to believe what we choose. BUt I wish you wouldn't say I was struggling Hayfa.. makes me kind of appear less intelligent.
Ron Webb View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male atheist
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 June 2010 at 10:06am
Originally posted by Hayfa Hayfa wrote:

When I was in Pakistan I listened to lots of lectures of Dr. Naik. He seemed fine. He was not some guy advocating bombing the Brits..

So he didn't happen to mention that "every Muslim should be a terrorist", then? Didn't imply that Rushdie, who has "abused our Prophet" (see http://www.institutealislam.com/focus-on-islam-by-dr-zakir-naik/), should be put to death?
Addeenul �Aql � Religion is intellect.
Sign*Reader View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 June 2010 at 3:23pm

Well, you have listened to Dr Naik..I haven't.
Like, I KNOW about the disillusioned British Youth and you have only read about them.
So it's the same scenario. We are not in agreement.
So it is with Theresa May. I feel she did the right thing. BUt I also said she should meet Dr Naik face to face. I have not said he should be permanently banned.

Lol, Islam is not beautiful because it has changed since Muhammad(pbuh) THere must be structure in religion or of course people will find it false, and it will be. GOd won;t have confusion in His true religion.
ANd I can;t see how muslims can be a rainbow people, as you put it.
Muhammad (pbuh) said there would be 73sects in Islam and only one will be saved. As it is there are more than 150 sects so far.
You say we are not required to follow the whims of a preacher or such..that is right, I don;t. And the same goes for hadiths..I don't follow them either as they contradict and confuse. Again, not what GOd would want for his believers is it?
Lol, we will just have to believe what we choose. BUt I wish you wouldn't say I was struggling Hayfa.. makes me kind of appear less intelligent.

martha:
Couple of comments!
First:
Dr. Naik and Mrs. Mays are not in the same category!
His prophet is Muhammad(s) while her's is Machiavelli!
Just remember who spoke the truth and not for the worldly gain, everything else is a loss!
Second:
Hadith are not meant to be read out of context... In an Islamic state a Qazi not in the same situation of case law, will not refer to an inapplicable Hadith or will get smacked for bad judgment by the senior Qazi...

Confusion is a state of mind not reality!
 Just cuz the means of broadcasting have become easy doesn't mean the wisdom is that way too

Edited by Sign*Reader - 30 June 2010 at 3:29pm
Kismet Domino: Faith/Courage/Liberty/Abundance/Selfishness/Immorality/Apathy/Bondage or extinction.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7891011 12>
  Share Topic