IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Politics > Conspiracy Theories
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Rushdie  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedRushdie

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 12>
Author
Senior  Member

Male
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 July 2008 at 2:16pm
 Hey, they did introduce you to the Parliamentary system

As if they never had their far superior PANCHAYAT SYSTEM run since the Sarsawati period - a good 3400 years ago.

Are you an absoloute utter idiot or just trying to graduate to that level with such ignorant assertions? We are not all peasants here, if you wish to parley with us you have to be just a wee bit serious about what you blow out of your mouth.
Whisper View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Male
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 July 2008 at 2:29pm
aspacia
Groupie

I have all my sympathies with your idiotic government's plight in Afghanistan. I am lost for words for offering my very sincere condolence not just for what yu are facing in my country, but far more for what you are going to face on your very own Aunt Ekanami front.
Good luck!
aspacia View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 July 2008 at 9:30am
Originally posted by Whisper Whisper wrote:

Hey, they did introduce you to the Parliamentary system

As if they never had their far superior PANCHAYAT SYSTEM run since the Sarsawati period - a good 3400 years ago.

Similar to the monarchial system of many European lands, except England after the Magna Carta:  http://www.country-studies.com/nepal/the-panchayat-system.html

Thanks for reminding me about this, especially since it was barely touched on in my history class.

Why is this system superior to the parlimentary system?

Quote Are you an absoloute utter idiot or just trying to graduate to that level with such ignorant assertions? We are not all peasants here, if you wish to parley with us you have to be just a wee bit serious about what you blow out of your mouth.

Again with the personal attacks.  This is typical when another really has no refute to a claim.

I have limited background regarding India and the Middle-East, only about two semester's worth. If you know regarding far more regarding an issue, or historical background information that I missed, I am all ears.

No one person can possible know all history, or all about any other discipline.

Curious
aspacia View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 July 2008 at 10:13am
Originally posted by Whisper Whisper wrote:

aspacia
Groupie

I have all my sympathies with your idiotic government's plight in Afghanistan. I am lost for words for offering my very sincere condolence not just for what yu are facing in my country, but far more for what you are going to face on your very own Aunt Ekanami front.
Good luck!

Yep, our economy sucks at the moment, but heck, it sucked after 9/11 too.  At the moment oil prices are dropping, and the stock market is making a rally, after Wbya call for the overturn of offshore drilling.
Curious
Ron Webb View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male atheist
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 July 2008 at 10:19am
Originally posted by Chrysalis Chrysalis wrote:

Parliamentary system doesnt work for me, and Islam outlawed stuff like that centuries ago. . . no biggie
Can you confirm that Islam outlawed the parliamentary system?  If that is so, then are Muslims allowed to vote in parliamentary elections?
Addeenul �Aql � Religion is intellect.
Chrysalis View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 July 2008 at 4:46am
Originally posted by Ron Webb Ron Webb wrote:

Originally posted by Chrysalis Chrysalis wrote:

Parliamentary system doesnt work for me, and Islam outlawed stuff like that centuries ago. . . no biggie
Can you confirm that Islam outlawed the parliamentary system?  If that is so, then are Muslims allowed to vote in parliamentary elections?

Hello Ron.

Whoops!. . .I guess my statement was a little confusing. I was adderessing 2 seperate issues ; parliament & suttee.

By, 'Islam outlawed stuff like that centuries ago' - I was referring to practises like Suttee. Which aspacia said the British 'Raj' banned. . . I was not referring to Parliamentary elections.

And yes, Muslims are allowed to vote in the elections of thier respective States/Countries - whether the candidates are muslim or nonmuslim - doesnt matter. Also, tho my knowlesge of govts/parliaments etc is weak, Islam is not specifically against different types of governments, as long as they are working for the good of the people.

Edited by Chrysalis - 24 July 2008 at 4:50am
"O Lord, forgive me, my parents and Muslims in the Hereafter. O Lord, show mercy on them as they showed mercy to me when I was young."
Shema View Drop Down
Male
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 March 2010 at 5:54pm
i agree with u your argument is worth looking into
xx__Ace__xx View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 June 2010 at 3:08pm
Guess what. Never heard of this guy. Will have to Google 'em up. Tongue

Can only recall mom once mentioning this name sometime in a discussion....shoulda paid a little more attention > >

Edited by xx__Ace__xx - 04 June 2010 at 3:11pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 12>
  Share Topic