IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Islam for non-Muslims
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - "First Edition" Quran
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login


Topic Closed"First Edition" Quran

 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Message
StephenC View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group


Joined: 16 September 2006
Status: Offline
Points: 264
Direct Link To This Post Topic: "First Edition" Quran
    Posted: 01 November 2006 at 6:49am

What would an authenicated "first edition" Quran be worth?

What would it be worth if it was different than the currently used version of the Quran?

If an authenicated "first edition" of the Quran was found to differ significantly on specific issues then the currently used version, which should be destroyed (if any)?

Back to Top
Sponsored Links


Back to Top
Angel View Drop Down
Senior Member
Senior  Member
Avatar

Joined: 03 July 2001
Status: Offline
Points: 6641
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 November 2006 at 12:41pm
Originally posted by StephenC StephenC wrote:

What would an authenicated "first edition" Quran be worth?

I can tell you know, it is/will be priceless, it is an antiquity of this world's history. 

Quote What would it be worth if it was different than the currently used version of the Quran?

Currently used version? what version would that be ?

Quote If an authenicated "first edition" of the Quran was found to differ significantly on specific issues then the currently used version, which should be destroyed (if any)?

"Currently used version" is matched with what you call "first edition" not the other way around. Any so called current edition that is not matched with the original/first copy will most likely be destroyed.

Oh and you need to match it with the arabic language not english

If you truly want to get technical then the first edition would be the oral edition before print edition. 

~ Our feet are earthbound, but our hearts and our minds have wings ~
Back to Top
Andalus View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group


Joined: 12 October 2005
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 1187
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 November 2006 at 3:04pm
Originally posted by StephenC StephenC wrote:

What would an authenicated "first edition" Quran be worth?

What would it be worth if it was different than the currently used version of the Quran?

If an authenicated "first edition" of the Quran was found to differ significantly on specific issues then the currently used version, which should be destroyed (if any)?

Keep the warrning given to you by peacekeeper in mind as you start this thread. 

If you have a point, then make it and stop wasting the forum's time. 

A feeling of discouragement when you slip up is a sure sign that you put your faith in deeds. -Ibn 'Ata'llah
http://www.sunnipath.com
http://www.sunniforum.com/forum/
http://www.pt-go.com/
Back to Top
StephenC View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group


Joined: 16 September 2006
Status: Offline
Points: 264
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 November 2006 at 7:16pm

I will try it simpler.

The oldest complete Qur'an was written approximately two hundred years after the death of Muhammad.  NO known Quran was written during Muhammad's lifetime.  If a newer version of the written Quran was found (or has been found) and it differs from the current version, it would be (or has been) destroyed.

I find it strange that such an important Islamic written text as a "first edition" would not have been preserved.  Lesser books of older ages have been preserved.

I hope that makes my point clearer.  If not, just ignore this post.

Back to Top
StephenC View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group


Joined: 16 September 2006
Status: Offline
Points: 264
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 November 2006 at 7:17pm

Angel, I am sorry I did not answer your question:

"Currently used version? what version would that be ?"

The version that everyone is currently using.  I admit it could be the only version.

Back to Top
Angel View Drop Down
Senior Member
Senior  Member
Avatar

Joined: 03 July 2001
Status: Offline
Points: 6641
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 November 2006 at 6:30am
Originally posted by StephenC StephenC wrote:

I will try it simpler.

The oldest complete Qur'an was written approximately two hundred years after the death of Muhammad.

I believe you need to get your facts right, in another thread you say 100 years, now in this its 200 years ??

Quote NO known Quran was written during Muhammad's lifetime.

That is because it was in oral transmission, re-read fatima's post about this in the other thread 'I came back to islam'.

Quote If a newer version of the written Quran was found (or has been found) and it differs from the current version, it would be (or has been) destroyed.

There is no new version of the qu'ran, there is only an original/earliest surviving book AND that is not mentioning the one that God holds  but i won't go there and confuse you more  will stick with earthly materials. (yes I am finding this ridiculous).

Stephen it is stated that anyone tries to produce any new qur'ans IT WILL be matched to the oldest surviving written qu'ran which is exactly as is when in oral transmission from Muhammad. This is how if any tries to make another it will be found out to be false and that will be destroyed. 

Quote I find it strange that such an important Islamic written text as a "first edition" would not have been preserved.  Lesser books of older ages have been preserved.

re-read my above post again.

It has been preserved, that is what i am saying to you. the qu'ran of today is the same as what you call "first edition" - the oldest surviving qu'ran. There are no other editions/versions - translations in other languages yes but that is all.

 

Originally posted by StephenC StephenC wrote:

The version that everyone is currently using.  I admit it could be the only version.

LOL!

Are you serious ??

No wonder Andulas is having a hard time.

Stephen I think you need to take a break and ponder on the stuff you have already.  because i can see you heading for a fall.

I mean no offence but i just think you need to take one thing at a time. To learn anothers beliefs/religion you need to put aside your own beliefs otherwise you will not be objective enough. Fair enough you don't believe certain things but you cannot say that so and so cannot believe in something because you see something as wrong according to you.

You believe in hell and the devil, I don't with either. I don't believe scriptures are from God, I can share what i believe in but i won't tell others that they have to or must believe in it, and that is what you are doing, telling others to believe otherwise thinking that you know better - how can you do that if you no little about islam and its history ? (quoting one source is not enough) This is your mistake and this is why Andulas has been on your back!   

I mean no offence just giving some advice.  



Edited by Angel
~ Our feet are earthbound, but our hearts and our minds have wings ~
Back to Top
ejdavid View Drop Down
Senior Member
Senior Member


Joined: 28 August 2006
Status: Offline
Points: 173
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 November 2006 at 9:24am
Andalus etc

The modern Koran includes diacritcal marks and other artifacts of modern Arabic that did not exist in The Proffet's time. I know of only one Koran in existance from antiquity, and that one is controversially housed out of sight in, I believe, Yemen. I do not know if it had diacritical marks etc or not.

However, any Koran that includes modern Arabic artifacts is, by definition, a translation of the original.
Back to Top
StephenC View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group


Joined: 16 September 2006
Status: Offline
Points: 264
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 November 2006 at 8:23pm

Originally posted by ejdavid ejdavid wrote:

Andalus etc

The modern Koran includes diacritcal marks and other artifacts of modern Arabic that did not exist in The Proffet's time. I know of only one Koran in existance from antiquity, and that one is controversially housed out of sight in, I believe, Yemen. I do not know if it had diacritical marks etc or not.

However, any Koran that includes modern Arabic artifacts is, by definition, a translation of the original.

Thank you for posting an established fact that certain people apparently can not accept!

Back to Top
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic   

Forum Jump Forum Permissions View Drop Down

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 11.10
Copyright ©2001-2017 Web Wiz Ltd.