IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Islam for non-Muslims
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Islam feels so right to me, am I wrong?  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Islam feels so right to me, am I wrong?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>
Author
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sarita Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Islam feels so right to me, am I wrong?
    Posted: 31 October 2006 at 12:24pm

I am a 26 year old mother of two, currently going through a divorce. I am also a Christian. I have been one my whole life, I was baptized in the church and am raising my kids in the church.

This summer I began making many friends online who all happen to be Muslim. I realized that I knew nothing about Islam whatsoever. So I began reading the Qu'ran and asking them questions, to better understand who they are. From the first line in the Qu'ran, I felt a warmth and comfort I have never felt before in my life. I seem to have a hunger to learn all I can about this beautiful religion. I agree with everything that is taught in Islam. Except when it comes to Jesus Christ, I really believe that He died for all of our sins and rose again. I believe that he is God.

I guess I want to know is it possible to believe in all of Islam and believe that Christ is God too? Would God allow me to know peace and joy in Islam if it was not true? Please help me. Thank you very much! God bless you all!

rubies View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rubies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 October 2006 at 3:55pm

Peace be with you Sarita,

It's funny, I remember having the same sort of feelings once when I too began to read the Quran for the first time and to experience that tranquil happiness and also for me there was a sense of recognition, that I was reading something that came from God.  It felt right and my soul loved it!  But I was Christian at the time, and I couldn't imagine letting go of that, because I believed in it and I loved Jesus too, so what to do?  Maybe I could be Christian and Muslim at the same time!?

But in reality, it is not possible to be Muslim and Christian - to believe the Quran and to believe that Jesus is God at the same time.   So, a moment of truth approaches, and the time will come when you will have to make a decision.  But for now, the best thing to do I think is to continue to read the Quran, and to turn to God for guidance with all your heart and to trust in God, and you know it is only God who guides us to the right path to Himself, and God does not reject the sincere seeker of truth.  I wish you all the best Sarita, and may God bless you too!

StephenC View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote StephenC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 October 2006 at 9:55pm
Originally posted by Sarita Sarita wrote:

I am a 26 year old mother of two, currently going through a divorce. I am also a Christian. I have been one my whole life, I was baptized in the church and am raising my kids in the church.

This summer I began making many friends online who all happen to be Muslim. I realized that I knew nothing about Islam whatsoever. So I began reading the Qu'ran and asking them questions, to better understand who they are. From the first line in the Qu'ran, I felt a warmth and comfort I have never felt before in my life. I seem to have a hunger to learn all I can about this beautiful religion. I agree with everything that is taught in Islam. Except when it comes to Jesus Christ, I really believe that He died for all of our sins and rose again. I believe that he is God.

I guess I want to know is it possible to believe in all of Islam and believe that Christ is God too? Would God allow me to know peace and joy in Islam if it was not true? Please help me. Thank you very much! God bless you all!

Be aware of any religion that will not let you ask questions about it.

Read some of my questions and the hateful responses.  Then decide whether Islam is what you think it is.

air_one View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote air_one Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 November 2006 at 3:40am
Nice reply from rubies.

I too wish you the best and mayb Allah bless you and give you guidance.
Amin.
Sign*Reader View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sign*Reader Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 November 2006 at 12:04am
Originally posted by <span>Sarita Sarita wrote:

From the first line in the Qu'ran, I felt a warmth and comfort I have never felt before in my life. I agree with everything that is taught in Islam.

Sarita: Isn't a miracle of Quran that you are talking the same language as the Quran. IMHO the blessing of Allah are showering over you; you are the lucky one; Subhanallah Read the following Sign

QURAN/13:28 "Those who believe, and whose hearts find satisfaction in the remembrance of Allah. for without doubt in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find satisfaction.

Originally posted by <span>Sarita Sarita wrote:

Except when it comes to Jesus Christ, I really believe that He died for all of our sins and rose again. I believe that he is God.

It is normal to feel that way cs the human being is a product of habits which could be good or bad depending on  the cultural environment. You were brought up as Christian but you were born as Muslim baby. When  souls were created, they had pledged they will worship none but only one god i.e, Allah that means Muslim (who submits to one God)
Sister Sarita:  Another way to win the prize of redemption;  you have one heart and Allah mentions that heart close to 200 times in Quran and  Allah promises in one sign that if you bring Him that heart pure, you will get heaven in exchange. Pure heart = No God but Him in your heart not even yourself(i think the person's ego is bigger hassle than any other). It is true to err is human but Allah loves to forgive his devotees when they realize any wrong done to their souls. So as rubies said, once you finish Quran you will have the answer to your question.  God  Bless 

Edited by Sign*Reader
Kismet Domino: Faith/Courage/Liberty/Abundance/Selfishness/Immorality/Apathy/Bondage or extinction.
Sign*Reader View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sign*Reader Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 November 2006 at 12:18am
Originally posted by StephenC StephenC wrote:

Be aware of any religion that will not let you ask questions about it.

Read some of my questions and the hateful responses.  Then decide whether Islam is what you think it is.

I will provide answers to her questions to best of my ability and knowledge Inshallah. Don't be ingrate I provided answer to your lame questions about Mecca  on another thread.
Who is proving to be hateful right now? stephenc
Allah also mentions the people of your ilk who have disease in their hearts and that is also obvious in your post

Edited by Sign*Reader
Kismet Domino: Faith/Courage/Liberty/Abundance/Selfishness/Immorality/Apathy/Bondage or extinction.
Hanan View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hanan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 November 2006 at 7:39am

Edited by Hanan
peacemaker View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peacemaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 November 2006 at 6:33am

Hi Sarita,

The way you felt has occurred to many people who read Qur'an the first time. It is natural. When you read Qur'an with a neutral mind in order to learn the truth, Allah blesses you with the kind of feeling you experienced.

I would say, take one step at a time, and learn from proper sources--very very important.

As the time passes, there will be phase change, insha Allah ( God willing ). You will know yourself that Jesus ( peace be upon him ) is a Messenger of God. 

It is not possible to say, within domain of Islam, that Jesus is God. Because, Allah is the God, the one God, and He sent many Prophets and Messengers such as Adam, Noah, Abraham, Moses, Jesus and the last Messenger Muhammad ( peace be upon all of them ) to guide the humanity.

Please keep reading Qur'an and gradually you will uncover the hidden treasures therein. And please come back here to clarify your doubts. There are many knowledgeable members here by the grace of Allah who can answer your querries.

May Allah guide us all.

Peace

Edited by peacemaker
Then which of the favours of your Lord will ye deny?
Qur'an 55:13
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>
  Share Topic