IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Culture & Community > Groups : Women (Sisters)
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Islamic teachings  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Islamic teachings

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote charmsahead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Islamic teachings
    Posted: 29 October 2006 at 8:25pm

Assalamualikum

This is a question for both Guys and Girls. I was wondering if any of you know any good islamic sites, where i can find information like islamic history, or interesting facts about islam, and how to become a better muslimah...type topics... At first I thought it would be easier just to go online and search, but the problem with that is i don't want to go on a site that is wrong, because there are many sites which teach the wrong things about Islam. So please do any of you know any good legitimate sites that I can go on to learn more about Islam. Thanks

Allah Hafiz

fatima View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatima Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 October 2006 at 4:33am

Bismillah irrahman irrahim

Wa'alaikum assalam wa rahmatullahe wa barakatuhu

My advice is always read the Holy Quran with meaning and explanation first inshaAllah. The book of Allah subhanahu wa ta'ala helps you develop this eye that you recognise falsehood wherever you read it. InshaAllah rest will come along, try to develop an understanding of Holy Quran and inshaAllah Allah subhanahu wa ta'ala will guide you to the knowledge which is beneficial for you.

There are two online tafaasir that you could look into, http://esnips.com/doc/687132e8-b520-48b2-97ef-729281d86633/t afsir-ibn-kathir.chm and www.tafheem.net. First as you can see is of ibn kathir and second one is of Maulana mawdudi.

wassalam

Say: (O Muhammad) If you love Allah, then follow me, Allah will love you and forgive you your faults, and Allah is Forgiving, MercifuL
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic