IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Culture & Community > Groups : Women (Sisters)
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Your Favorite Recipe  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Your Favorite Recipe

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Senior  Member
Male Christian
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DavidC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 July 2005 at 2:54pm
Spaghetti Sauce:

Take a can of V-8 juice. It has all the vegetables in it already. Pour it into a
crockpot. Add whatever. I like chicken thighs, mushrooms and anaheim
peppers. Slow cook all day until thick.

Good for anytime you need a simple meal that can be taken off the shelf.
Christian; Wesleyan M.Div.
Rose View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 July 2005 at 7:35pm

Originally posted by DavidC DavidC wrote:

Spaghetti Sauce:

Take a can of V-8 juice. It has all the vegetables in it already. Pour it into a
crockpot. Add whatever. I like chicken thighs, mushrooms and anaheim
peppers. Slow cook all day until thick.

Good for anytime you need a simple meal that can be taken off the shelf.

hmmmmmmm,

well the part about "slow cook all day until thick", not what I was looking for, but really that sounds good. Not bad!

salams

A thorn defends the rose,harming only those who would steal the blossom
ZEA J View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ZEA  J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 July 2005 at 10:22pm
  • CHICKEN SOUP.     1 ib.chicken ,2 tsp black pepper,3 tsp garlic powder,2 bay leaves,6 oz tomato past,1 tsp salt,2 medium tomatoes(seeded and cut into small pieces ),3 onions(chopped), 2 maggi ,and 3 cups of water.   MIX ALL INGREDIENTS TOGETHER AND COOK FOR 2 HRS.    MAKES3 SERVINGS.
"You will never attain piety and righteousness,(and eventually paradise)until you
spend of that which you love."(Al-Imran:92)
DavidC View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male Christian
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DavidC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 July 2005 at 4:40am
Originally posted by Rose Rose wrote:

well the part about "slow cook all day until thick", not what I was looking
for, but really that sounds good. Not bad![

It's a fishing day recipe. Good for when you will be out all day and want to
come back to a hot meal. Also because the essentials can be stored on the
shelf and sometimes you do not want to go to the store.
Christian; Wesleyan M.Div.
ummsaleh View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ummsaleh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 July 2005 at 6:11am
Alot of nice recipes, masha�llah.
Rose View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 July 2005 at 8:25am

AlSalam 3alaikom,

This is one of my favorite recipes:

Sheesh ta ouok (a Lebanese food)

• Take chicken breasts and cut into thin long pieces. Then marinate in mayonnaise, garlic salt (or a piece of garlic mashed), mustard, black pepper, salt, spices, and a little of oil, for at least 2 hours in the fridge.

Then take out and put them in the oven at about 325 (stir from time to time) till cooked.

• Cut up cabbage with mayonnaise.
  • Make garlic sauce: in the processor mix in an egg, then 2 pieces if garlic with continuous mixing, a dash of salt, then pour oil (about 1 � cup) slowly as the mixture becomes thick. After, still mixing, add a little of lemon juice. Keep this mixture in fridge.

Finally make sandwiches, using Arabic bread, by spreading some garlic sauce, with the cabbage salad, chicken and if desired some French fries. Put in the oven till warm or crispy.

Rose View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 July 2005 at 10:48am

i forgot to add in the pickles

it gives great taste

MindyRahman View Drop Down
Starter
Starter
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MindyRahman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 July 2005 at 7:33am

Asalam sisters,

There is this food that this moroccan family cooked for me. I never figured out what it is called, but if anyone recognizes it, please send me the reciepe or at least the name of the food! It is so good and I want to be able to cook it someday.

It is chicken..with peas and some sort of whiteish brown gravy. Shukriya and Shokran sisters

Mindy~

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic