IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Culture & Community > Groups : Youth
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - dreams  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

dreams

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
devil-slayer View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote devil-slayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: dreams
    Posted: 08 February 2007 at 12:03pm
Originally posted by Knowledge01 Knowledge01 wrote:

Dreams should not be discussed freely on the internet with ignorant people (no offense).  Dreams should only be discussed and explained with a knwoledgeable sheikh who has studied in this field.

i`m sorry but isnt this topic called dreams... what is this topic about exactly (( uhh dreams )) so we descus and we hope that we find someone who know about dreams on this forum to help us abit  because i cant find any shiek arround my place that knows how to interpret dreams
Knowledge01 View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Knowledge01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 February 2007 at 10:36am
Dreams should not be discussed freely on the internet with ignorant people (no offense). �Dreams should only be discussed and explained with a knwoledgeable sheikh who has studied in this field.
devil-slayer View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote devil-slayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 February 2007 at 1:46am
please i need help this dream worried me alot please anyone help here is the dream (( i was in my room when my mom came home she knocked on my door and says i got a hygab for the magic that we have so i asked her "where".. she gave it to me and it was on the shape of a human so i asked her "whats in it " she said "how can i know". so i caught it put some grass on it and i was looking for 7ab baraka but i couldnt find it so i didnt use it. after that i made a small hole in the parky the wooden floor with my own hands i made a hole in it and i put the magic inside then i put heavy things on the magic...i left the room for a bit when i came back.. i saw magic symbols flying outside of the hole and i stood by the hole and started to do 2azaan and then read quran ..)) thats the dream can anyone please help me because my mom says it was a magic that i broke
Mona_1022 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mona_1022 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 November 2006 at 12:34am

What do you mean by "vision?"  Does it happen while awake?  Also, are dreams that tell the future, for example one that later comes true, from Satan?  This is a very interesting topic for me as about a year ago, I dreamed that I was with my little sister in a small hut.  Apparently, I lived there and that small hut was one of many.  I remember telling my sister we had to go pray and in my dream I knew there was a Masjid near by.  Months later, I was on the islamicity website reading about Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) and i stumbled across a picture of the Masjid where he is buried in Medina.  I stood in shock as it was the same place in my dream, the huts and all. 

So now would this be considered a dream or a vision? 

Crimsonrider91 View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Crimsonrider91 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 November 2006 at 6:15am
Well, it's still nice to talk about them and speculate, no ( as long as you
try not to talk about the bad ones, though I've talked about many
apocalyptic dreams I've had throughout my life)? The most elating
dream I've ever had ( which, from a religious point of view, I feel might be
a little bit more than just a dream) was me waking up in my room, which
was in a dark purple haze ( the song by Jimi Hendrix suddenly comes to
mind ), and I was cloaked in a bright light. This wasn't just any light,
it was a brilliant light in the form of an aura around my body that was soft
on my eyes despite it's shining brightness, in pure pearly white, wrapped
around me as if it were a blanket. With the light was warmth, the loving
warmth of an embrace, and a joy filled my heart. It wasn't the very excited
sort of joy, it was more a quiet, contented sort of joy, like all my needs
were fulfilled. It was almost as if someone were trying to say : 'No matter
what, there will always be someone who loves you, you won't be
forgotten', something like that.

Praise Allah for such a dream, it was possibly the greatest night of my
life.

So according to Hadith, I can't talk about any of my disastrous dreams,
even if they have not saddened me at all ( 'cause technically an
apocalyptic dream is a sad dream, right?)? Or is it that I can, it's just
preffered that I don't try to interpret them?

Peace.

Edited by Crimsonrider91
semar View Drop Down
Male Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote semar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 October 2006 at 12:15am

Salam,

In Islam dreaming is just a natural phenomenon. There is no special meaning.

Here the Q/A regarding dreams: (from IslamOnline.net)

Question:
 Respected scholars, As-Salamu `alaykum. I'd like to know the fatwa concerning the interpretation of dreams. I also heard that post-dawn dreams are meaningless and are mainly due to satanic temptation and nothing more. Jazakum Allah khayran.

Answer:

Dear sister in Islam, we would like to thank you for your interesting question and the great confidence you place in us. May Allah reward you abundantly for your interest in knowing the teachings of Islam!

First of all, dreams or visions are not sources of legislation, so it shouldn�t be threatening or frightening to anybody and it doesn�t have a binding force of legal rules.

Second, the interpretation of dreams is not an experimental knowledge but a divine gift bestowed on whom Allah wills. It is not a science that has certain laws; it is merely based on opinions, and hence what is written or said about the interpretation of dreams is not reliable and cannot be taken for granted.

Elaborating on the interpretation of dreams, we�d like to cite for you the following fatwa issued by Sheikh `Atiyyah Saqr, former head of Al-Azhar Fatwa Committee, on this issue:

�As for interpretation of dreams, this issue is certainly one of hidden secrets known only to Almighty Allah, the Knower of the Unseen. So all that is written or said of the interpretation of dreams is just a matter of personal reasoning and is not reliable. This is because this issue is one of the Unseen matters that have something to do with spirits and their interaction with outer worlds. It is not true that it has certain laws; it is merely based on opinions through which some people issued many books claiming to be authoritative reference on interpreting dreams. On this, Sheikh Abdul Ghani Al-Nablusi has written a book entitled Ta`tir al-Anam fi Ta`bir al-Manam. As the author of the book himself, he admits that the interpretation of dreams varies from one person to another and from one atmosphere to another.

However, dear sister, there are certain facts you should know about, and all of them are based on authentic Hadiths quoted from the Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him); they are:

First Hadith: �A vision is from Almighty Allah (it's a form of divine inspiration) whereas a dream is from Satan. When any one of you have a bad dream, let him/her spit out (without saliva) to the left side and recite the two �Protective Surahs� (An-Nas and Al-Falaq) and the dream will not harm him/her, Allah willing.�

Second Hadith: �At the approach of the Hour, the Muslim will have a true vision, and honesty will help him to have the clearest and truest vision. Moreover, seeing a true vision is the 45th degree of prophethood. Vision is of three kinds: the good one with glad tidings from Allah; the bad dream, which is from Satan to invade hearts with sadness; the third one is the effect of an aforethought matter. So if any one of you sees something sad in a vision, he should offer two rak`ats in prayer and never reveal it to anyone.�

Third Hadith: The Prophet said that if anyone sees him in his vision, he has truly seen him, for Satan can never disguise himself in the honorable form of the Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him).

To conclude, the interpretation of dreams is not an experimental knowledge to pass on to people, generation to generation. It is a divine gift bestowed on whom Allah wills. Prophet Joseph's talent of interpreting dreams is a case in point. But, we should say that dreams or visions are not sources of legislation, so it shouldn�t be threatening or frightening to anybody and it doesn�t have a binding force of legal rules.�

adeelmalik View Drop Down
Starter
Starter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adeelmalik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 October 2006 at 6:12am

salam the other day i had a dream  that my mother was sitting her room and was telling me its time for namaaz , i think it was fajr time... and the day after i had a dreamt that i was with someone i dont know who it was and they had told me that my mother had died and i was crying saying i was close to her and i woke up...

could you please tell me more about this ...salaam

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic