IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Interfaith Dialogue
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - A question on the Qur’an  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedA question on the Qur�an

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
Author

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 October 2006 at 6:31pm
Originally posted by herjihad herjihad wrote:

Salaamu Alaykum Wa Rahmatulaahi wa Barakatuhu,

No.  You're just wrong.  Do you like Bush too?  Why do you go around wasting your time slinging false accusations like this?  Are you like a two year old who thinks he knows everything when he doesn't? 

The grammar is correct.  The "Ismoohoo" refers to Prophet Issa, may Allah Listen to him, his name, and he are masculine.

How silly of you to use something that you are completely wrong in to attack Islaam.  You need to take up crochet and send socks to earthquake victims and leave the grammar to experts, or even people as simple as me who know that your attack is foolish.

The hou refers to Kalima, you "expert".

And Kalima is a feminine term.

In Arabic grammar, the gender of the pronoun is determined by the gender of the term that it refers to and not the gender of the person or object described by the term.

But anyhow, it's expected from some people to insult, since they can't refute.

Edited by damaninchrist
Sign*Reader View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 October 2006 at 11:25pm
Originally posted by damaninchrist damaninchrist wrote:

No.  You're just wrong.  Do you like Bush too?  Why do you go around wasting your time slinging false accusations like this?  Are you like a two year old who thinks he knows everything when he doesn't? 

The grammar is correct.  The "Ismoohoo" refers to Prophet Issa, may Allah Listen to him, his name, and he are masculine.

How silly of you to use something that you are completely wrong in to attack Islaam.  You need to take up crochet and send socks to earthquake victims and leave the grammar to experts, or even people as simple as me who know that your attack is foolish.

In Arabic grammar, the gender of the pronoun is determined by the gender of the term that it refers to and not the gender of the person or object described by the term.

Sister
Let this troll get a life some where else, ignore this troll whos name has another built in name, which is more appropriate, I would say

Edited by Sign*Reader
Kismet Domino: Faith/Courage/Liberty/Abundance/Selfishness/Immorality/Apathy/Bondage or extinction.
damaninchrist View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 October 2006 at 12:43am
Originally posted by Sign*Reader Sign*Reader wrote:

Sister
Let this troll get a life some where else, ignore this troll whos name has another built in name, which is more appropriate, I would say

What's the matter? Can't answer my question?

air_one View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 October 2006 at 1:29am
Are you arabic?

If not, do you have a firm grip on the arabic language?

If you answered yes to both these questions then wait for someone who has a good knowledge of arabic to answer your question. If no one answers still please go and ask a scholar of islam or an arab.

And to answer your question about this question....i cant answer your question.

Angel View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 October 2006 at 1:34am

Originally posted by Sign*Reader Sign*Reader wrote:

Sister

What's the matter? Can't answer my question?

I think your question "agree or not agree" was answered, it was a 'no'

~ Our feet are earthbound, but our hearts and our minds have wings ~
damaninchrist View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 October 2006 at 3:33am

Originally posted by air_one air_one wrote:

Are you arabic?

If not, do you have a firm grip on the arabic language?

Yes

Quote If you answered yes to both these questions then wait for someone who has a good knowledge of arabic to answer your question. If no one answers still please go and ask a scholar of islam or an arab.

And to answer your question about this question....i cant answer your question.

Ok, I'll be waiting. Thanks for your politeness. The Lord bless you.

I think your question "agree or not agree" was answered, it was a 'no'

Hehe, good one!

Edited by damaninchrist
peacemaker View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Male
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 October 2006 at 4:30am

Yes, I can see one obvious grammar error in the following ... sura 3.45

http://www.islamicity.com/mosque/ara..._9/3_45-48.htm

Here, let me elaborate for the Arabic speaking people

Iz kalati lmala2ikatou ya maryamou inna llaha youbasshirouki bikalimatin minhou smouhou lmasee7ou 3eesa bnou maryama wajeehan fee ddonya wal2akhirati wa mina lmoukarrabeena

Notice the bolded part

hou is erroneously a masculine pronoun when it should be feminine since it's referring to "kalima" which is feminine not masculine.

Oh, and no cheap replies, like "the Quran can never have grammar mistakes" because, unlike you, I don't assume that the Quran is perfect and that the Quran is exactly the same as the original. So spare me such replies, and just refute my point.

It is clearly a grammar mistake (probably a copyist error). Do you agree or not?

When you are engaged in an interfaith dialogue, you don't make up your mind this way and use terms such as "clearly a grammar mistake" etc. This is not appropriate way to have meaningful discussion. What if you just say, " I want to clarify this misunderstanding about so and so".

Hope you would receive appropriate response to your concern.

Peace

Edited by peacemaker
Then which of the favours of your Lord will ye deny?
Qur'an 55:13
fatima View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 October 2006 at 5:10am

Bismillah irrahman irrahim

Iz kalati-lmalaikatou ya maryamou inna-llaha youbasshirouki bikalimatin minhou,

Im sure that as you claimed you know arabic and its grammatical chages, i wonder how you missed that this sentence has a pause here, then start again with

ismouhou-lmaseehou eesa-bnou maryama

Now if you read the ayah in arabic you will see a sukun on the letter Laa of almaseehou and in arabic language if you have a sukun on the word in the start it means you join it with with the word before if there is no break of phrase, So if you join two words together ismouhou-lmaseehou then it means HIS name will be Masih so what about the error?

again a break

wajeehan fee ddonya wal2akhirati wa mina lmoukarrabeena

Hope this explains things for you this time but there is a manner of seeking the knowledge and truth, hope you care to observe that next time

Say: (O Muhammad) If you love Allah, then follow me, Allah will love you and forgive you your faults, and Allah is Forgiving, MercifuL
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
  Share Topic