IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Islam for non-Muslims
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - world  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

world

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Starter
Starter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote proof Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: world
    Posted: 13 October 2006 at 7:53pm

(english is not my first language so excuse me for my mistakes.)

background: I believe in God but not in religions. So I want to understand them all.

Before asking a question , these are my assumptions.

1) We all agree that a religion is based on beliefs.

you may have your personal "proofs" ,historical "writings", but so do other religions. That's why there are and will be a lot of arguements between believers and non-believers.

If you could prove that your religion is the real one then the world would have only one religion.

e.g  we know that people needs about 8 hours a day. how do we know? we read it somewhere, scientists made a lot of research about sleeping less or more, the majority of experts in the world agree, from our experience,...

when we have a flu we take some vitamin C, right? Why should we?

Why does everyone in the world believe in these facts ? because it has been proved. Why do we study finance at university? because it works like that.

But if you say white is the best colour and I say blue, we can argue for ever. It is the same for religion.

I think this assumption should not be argued because it is clear and logical.

2) You may be wrong.

I know that all religion requires complete faith but you must agree that you may be wrong. why?

There many religions around the world . And all of them claim to be true. Some have many Gods and some have only one and though some are similar, most of them are different. But they cannot all be true. So if you agree that they cannot all be true and that these religions may be wrong, so you must accept that you may also be wrong.

e.g your friends are betting on different horses and there can only be one winner. even if they are all totally confident, they must all agree that they may win or lose.

why do you believe in your religion? May be it helps you spiritually, most probably you have been taught by someone, may be you have done some research, may be it helped you overcome some emotional problems, may be you feel better in your mind. So what? you learned something and you are now happy, even if it is beneficial to everyone, why can't it be false? The reasons you give to why other religions may be false or wrong applies to you. And remember religion is based on beliefs.

Now my question.

The whole world has a negative view of islam because terrorists use the qu'ran and islam to recruit people to their causes and to suicide themselves.

1st question: How do they convince an educated person to do terrorist attacks and kill innocents by using the qu'ran?

2nd question: I know that some muslim says that these terrorists are not true muslims because they don't now how to interpret the qu'ran because islam is a religion of peace. why don't the silent majority of muslim in the world broadcast everyday, on telivision or the internet, the true interpretaion of the qu'ran which is peaceful and forgiving? Why don't they walk on the streets to show that they are against all violence.

I think it is their duty to do so because they are having a negative image from these terrrorists which are using their religion and they should help these dangerous people to see the truth. As they are the majority they will have a considerable impact on all terrorists if they reject them. Then it will be very difficult for them to recruit new people.

(pls could you answer in your own words and not take words from the qu'ran because sometimes it is difficult for me to understand)

Thanks  i appreciate your help.

semar View Drop Down
Male Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote semar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 October 2006 at 10:58pm

1st Answer: An educated persons is not always "smart", so sometimes they fail to distinct between right or wrong.

2nd Answer: The media not always has interest to expose the voice from "the silent majority". This kind of news can not improve their rating, so business wise is not very compelling. So that's why we don't know because this the main source of our info is come from commercial media.

Salam/Peace,

Semar

"We are people who do not eat until we are hungry and do not eat to our fill." (Prophet Muhammad PBUH)

"1/3 of your stomach for food, 1/3 for water, 1/3 for air"
rubies View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rubies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 October 2006 at 1:57am

Q1:  You assume they are using the Quran to convince them.  It is a common mistake.  In reality, terrorists are primarily motivated by political causes. Please see this report : http://yaleglobal.yale.edu/display.article?id=3749

Q2: Just because you haven't seen it does not mean that Muslims are not broadcasting everyday the true meaning of Islam and our rejection of terrorism. 

ejdavid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ejdavid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 October 2006 at 1:37pm
semar - You provided: "The Prophet said: "Do not eat before you are hungry, and stop eating before you are full" "1/3 of your stomach for food 1/3 for water, 1/3 for air."

I believe jihadists are gulping too much air, and it has given them indigestion. Perhaps that explains their general state of dispepsia?
ak_m_f View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ak_m_f Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 October 2006 at 1:49pm
Originally posted by ejdavid ejdavid wrote:

semar - You provided: "The Prophet said: "Do not eat before you are hungry, and stop eating before you are full" "1/3 of your stomach for food 1/3 for water, 1/3 for air."

I believe jihadists are gulping too much air, and it has given them indigestion. Perhaps that explains their general state of dispepsia?

Looks like that your head is full of air too.
ejdavid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ejdavid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 October 2006 at 2:12pm
ak

Dalits and Dhimmis? Me thinks two sides of the same coin?

ak_m_f View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ak_m_f Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 October 2006 at 2:16pm
Originally posted by ejdavid ejdavid wrote:

ak

Dalits and Dhimmis? Me thinks two sides of the same coin?

Dhimmis were allowed to practice their religion & were protected by the state, they were free in their choice of residence and profession
ejdavid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ejdavid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 October 2006 at 2:10pm
ak - You wrote: "Dhimmis were allowed to practice their religion & were protected by the state..." Protected from what?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic