IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Introduction: Who am I?
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

-

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
Author
Senior  Member

Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Servetus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 October 2006 at 9:13am

Jam,

Quote:
Curious is a fine way to describe the blog. Shukran...

Afwan.  

Quote:
I think Burroughs would have just shot the goat, right?

Among other things.  And he would then probably have written about it and offered his manuscript to the sound of approving gasps arising from the collective throat of the decadent avant-garde.

Quote:
I never thought about the Crowley chasing... could we allow that I (being six and thirty) might be being chased by him...?

Well, let�s hope not, despite the fact that you are in the region of Tangiers!  Or let us hope, in any case, that you fare better in that process than did MacGregor Mathers and what seems to me an unenviable string of others.

Quote:
Glad to meet you,

Likewise, Jam, and carry on!

Serv 

Edited by Servetus
hat2010 View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hat2010 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 November 2006 at 6:15am
-

Edited by Jamal Morelli - 30 October 2009 at 3:33pm
Servetus View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Servetus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 December 2006 at 7:54am

Jam, sorry for my delay, mate �I�ve been on a walkabout, of sorts.

You wrote:

Do you think I should start again with - "Hello, I am a Catholic and just want to know what makes you guys tick..."

Yes.

Quote:

You (in a playful and obliging mood) could respond with something like: "Get stuffed, troll."

Get stuffed you ignorant troll.  The same stuff that ticks you off ticks us off.  (I improvised a bit, but how�s that?)  

Quote:

Then we'd have our defenders and detractors writing things like: "Judaism/Christianity/Islam is the true light why do you hate true light
and lighting from a true?" and "Why can not we get along for the sake our selves today?"

Sounds right.

Quote:

We'd get it going - and this would inspire an onslaught of wiki links,
misspellings, CAPS LOCK ATTACKS, smilies and brilliant veteran's remarks
defending (or not) a Catholic's entrance...

If you don�t mind my saying so, you�ve observed the board dynamics well, in your short time here.

Quote:

At the end, I'll reveal myself to be the Muslim I actually am - and you, my
willing co-conspiring foil.*

One must admit, agitprop sometimes has its place.

Quote:

In any case, it would be an entrance with a great deal more pagentry and
interest than my first.

I�ve been on this board, sporadically, sometimes leaving for months on end, since before 9/11.  There aren�t as many discussions and dialogues as there once were.  These days, it is more a place to post individual gripes and grievances and to rage against the machine, but that all serves a purpose as well.  The kali-yuga, after all, is upon us.  At any rate, do stick around, it can sometimes take time for things (and personalities) to gel, if and when they do.

How is the music scene in Morocco, by the way?  I really know only (the music of) Natacha Atlas (ex Transglobal Underground), now recording in Belgium (I think), but, as I recall, she is a fan of Moroccan music.  I also like (Algerian) DJ Cheb I Sabba who records on an indie label here in the States, Six Degrees, out of San Francisco.  I do have a rather good collection of Arabic (and Indian) music and, when I lived in the Middle East (�90�s), used to go clubbing regularly in Cairo, to some of the best, most infectious music in the world.

All the best �

Serv

Hanan View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hanan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 December 2006 at 10:27am

Hold fast to the rope of Allah, and be not divided

Edited by Hanan
Servetus View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Servetus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 December 2006 at 9:07am

Sister (thanks) Hanan,

You wrote:
Are we really near of the end of the world?

As I understand, to those who view Time as cyclical rather than linear, we are entering (or have entered) a final period of dissolution, the culmination of the Age (or yuga).  At the lowest point (of metaphorical darkness), we end the descent and begin an ascent (to light).

All of this is very topical.  Just last night, after I had posted to �Canaries in the Coal Mine� in the Americas Section, I dug more into Carl Schmitt and Leo Strauss, a couple of the guiding minds, or perhaps ideocrats, of this US Administration, and found (ref link) that Carl Schmitt, especially, in his discussion of Hobbes� Leviathan, refers to this very concept and to the related ideas of, among others, (Muslim) Rene Guenon and to his seminal work, The Crisis of the Modern World (an excellent, if obtuse [in translation] read).             

Quote:
I have read of these predictions and have always wondered how it was possible to do so? The kali-yuga seem so precise and true. How can that be?

Except for its more apparently decadent aspects, I have a profound respect for Indian, especially ancient Indian civilization.  It is the alma-matter of all else and remains a repository of deep, inner and sublime wisdom (I was also, as a child, heavily influenced by the Hippie Culture, which looked Eastward).  Even an Amreeki High Priest of Orthodox Scientific Cosmology, Carl Sagan, in his popular work Cosmos, acknowledges the veracity of the time-line -the calculation of the ages- of the Vedantists, and (as I recall from having watched the video series years ago) says it is most closely in accord with his evolutionary view and that of his colleagues.

Perhaps, on the other hand, instead of referring to the kali-yuga, and though there is obviously much there to discuss, I might better simply refer to the Qiyamah in Arabic or to the �eschatology� and �chiliasm� of Christianity (and Judaism) and then we might have a clearer understanding of how these (prophetic) things can in fact be. 

Kind regards,

Serv

Ref: http://www.esoteric.msu.edu/VolumeVII/Schmitt.htm 

Edited by Servetus
hat2010 View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hat2010 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 December 2006 at 6:22pm
-

Edited by Jamal Morelli - 30 October 2009 at 3:33pm
abuzuhri View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abuzuhri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 December 2006 at 6:32pm

Peace and sunlight to my dear great traveller jamal originally somewhere from a red indian continent of america

i am too a seasoned wayfarer fated to exploring every corners of maghrib, some paint it as the spy centers of casablanca, brooks shields raced her car across the deserts and omar sharif get enchanted. We also drunk from the tales by daniel moore with the play of jameela and majnun. He spins poems and awliya encounters in old fez of hundred minarets and tombs. His songs stiil ring in our ears, east and west. Heard many echos of Kitaro and Zen flutes here.

Then off to jalbiya, tetouan, tangier, melilla,marakech and city mulay idris and blessed meknes- may Allah proctect its perfumes and the poors and the venerable master of my teacher. May his baraka and karama spread far and bright ! And abase the mighty and rich who ravaged the sharifi kingdom with riba and development and modernist wahabi and democratic bureaucrats  that steal the people rights !

Oh my dear Morelli, i love you deep from the ocean of dusts and deserts of tafilalet and beautiful mountains of atlas and jabal alam. How i wish to climb high and sit in cold meditation under the old oak or zaitun tree at its peak. With an empty bowl at my bare hand...seek knowledge that wash away this greed of america, europe and madistic chemical petro rich arabs and fertile gardens of suicide bombers and martyrs without bloods.

We want freedom.. we want our land...we want power... we want to fight israel and usa..we want more us dollars and euro notes..we want to blow up ourselves..we are secularist, we are atheist... we are police state. ..we are fools. we lost everything excpet our 'muslim' sounding names and terrorist clothes.. ha ha ha. Oh Morelli lucky you are not an arab ! We got a vast empire 300 years ago streched from western gates of china and malay sultanates across india pakistan iran and ended at shores of atlantic and up north to kazan tatarstan of russia and almost conquered viena and pyrennes of france. Now what left and we can hold on ?

Oh Morelli, be patient with my gharib ramblings. Morocco will always in my heart and dreams. How i wish to travels and share your adventures. We kissed our fellow hajjis from fez, meknes, rabat and casablanca in end 2004 when haji abu zhulixin and haji ridhua lua and yusuf ong and luqman chua from malaysia were blessed by Heaven to be there. Round and round we tawaf at the centtre of our existence with 2 millions seekers and lovers. Have you been there ? Have you running to and fro without aims rather than many kilometers between Safa and Marwa ? At peace and exhaustion while camping and standing all alone in chilly night in Arafa ?

Cai jian and the journey start from Fez or some corners there. warmest parting peace with you and your kindred souls thriiving on kungfu, zen, kitaro, zhangyimou, kuroshowa and mumokoan and blue cliffs collections.

the wanderer of east abuzuhri shin

abuzuhri shin
hat2010 View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hat2010 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 January 2007 at 4:57am
-

Edited by Jamal Morelli - 30 October 2009 at 3:34pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
  Share Topic