IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Culture & Community > Arabic Language
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - languages  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

languages

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Desting2 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Desting2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: languages
    Posted: 27 October 2006 at 3:53pm
habibi=belove, habibty=my love for girls...

it depends on which arabic you are speaking..people who tell girl habibi usually speak shami arabic..people in Palestine, lebanon, syria speak shami arabic...if they speak Egyptian, yemeny, or gulf arabic, they say habibi to a guy...

I do speak Arabic,but I'm not an Arab... ENglish ofcourse not the ENglish spoken in U.K..I'm just wondering what kind of ENglish these people speak..,I speak bit italian, but not that good anymore..Italian is lovely language :). I enjoy listening people who speak Italain, "vivere" my favourite ;)...I speak bit french..I had the chance to learn more but is not requirement..unless you live Quebec..frankphone province lol....I speak bit hindi, but I don't know how I learned it, I have no connection to that part of the world, I do know few words of farsi and 2 words of Albanian... 'taduwa'(an Albanian word) I'm not sure if spel that way...

hat2010 View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hat2010 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 October 2006 at 7:19pm
Taking the bull by the horns...

I just created a SKYPE account under the name

Usted Jamal Morelli

If we can set up times that 4 of us are free...
We can then conference call - and begin the lessons.

Let's make something happen...

herjihad View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote herjihad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 October 2006 at 2:05pm

Salaamu Alaykum,

Habbeebee-- said to a male.

Habbeebtee -- said to a female.

Horus, I like to learn a sentence or phrase at a time or if there is a word that comes up that I'm toying with learning, I like to have it put into different sentences for contextual repetition.

But I'm so busy learning other things right now that I don't have much time for this. 

Al-Hamdulillah (From a Married Muslimah) La Howla Wa La Quwata Illa BiLLah - There is no Effort or Power except with Allah's Will.
ummziba View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ummziba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 October 2006 at 8:31am

Assalamu alaikum,

We are not professionals here, just posters eager to help each other, so there is no curriculum or plan or anything else!  I think, for now we are starting with only the very basics.

Insha'allah, I will start a "vocabulary" thread as well as one for "common phrases" after I post this, that way others can contribute there as well.

Just add to any of the threads as you wish.  It would also be a huge help to correct any mistakes, if made, as I pointed out, we are not professionals!

Peace, ummziba.

Sticks and stones may break my bones, but your words...they break my soul ~
islam06 View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote islam06 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 October 2006 at 7:49am
thats wot i wanna know lol
Horus View Drop Down
Starter
Starter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Horus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 October 2006 at 7:00am

Thank you for your kind reply

I'm really eager to participate .. But how?

Is there any certain curriculum to teach the language or I can just say one or two words with their translations and that's enough!

What is the best way for all of you to learn Arabic?

Thanks and Peace be upon you

Muhammad

ummziba View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ummziba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 October 2006 at 6:36am
Originally posted by Horus Horus wrote:

Assalamu alaykom

I am fluent in both Arabic and English languages.

I'd like to help anyone who would like to learn arabic

cheers,

Wa alaikum salam and welcome to IC forum!

Please feel free to add your contributions to the appropriate threads!  We are all anxious to learn and help one another!

������ ��������

(many thanks)

Peace, ummziba.

Sticks and stones may break my bones, but your words...they break my soul ~
Horus View Drop Down
Starter
Starter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Horus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 October 2006 at 6:13am

Assalamu alaykom

I am fluent in both Arabic and English languages.

I'd like to help anyone who would like to learn arabic

cheers,

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic