IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Islamic INTRAfaith Dialogue
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Conservative Muslims  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Conservative Muslims

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sign*Reader Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 October 2006 at 12:32am
Originally posted by ZubairH ZubairH wrote:

Also, I honestly do not think that at least Christians nor Jews will burn in hell forever at the least. You said that they should use their brains. How can they do so without being ever taught to use them in such a way? Most people can't learn to use their brains like this by themselves, unless they use marijuana. Yes I said it. Marijuana helps people understand better. Marijuana is a mental stimulant. Also marijuana does not make you do anything that is considered a sin, like alcohol can do sometimes. DO NOT tell me intoxicants are haraam, because alcohol was replaced immediately by other intoxicants such as marijauna and other intoxicating teas. It is even suggested that Muhammad pbuh used marijuana himself, while meditating.

BTW where are you from, you don't sound American?

Edited by Sign*Reader
Kismet Domino: Faith/Courage/Liberty/Abundance/Selfishness/Immorality/Apathy/Bondage or extinction.
Angel View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 October 2006 at 1:59am

Originally posted by Sign*Reader Sign*Reader wrote:

BTW where are yoy from, you don't sound American?

lol!, Not everyone on this forum is from america

~ Our feet are earthbound, but our hearts and our minds have wings ~
islam06 View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote islam06 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 October 2006 at 8:18am

i was just wondering how would you convert into another religion

eg. i was thinking of converting into islam ...... is there anything i have to do (im not so sure) hahaha

Hayfa View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hayfa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 October 2006 at 10:03am

the only point I would say is that often we don't know or undertand all. We try and try. For instance, what is a believer or nonbeliever? Only Allah knows what is in one's heart.

And moslems can marry "people of the book". Allah would not make it alright for Moslems to marry who are "doomed" to hell.  Prophet Mohammed (PBUH) himself married "women of the book".

When you do things from your soul, you feel a river moving in you, a joy. Rumi
ZubairH View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ZubairH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 October 2006 at 5:26pm
Originally posted by Hayfa Hayfa wrote:

And moslems can marry "people of the book". Allah would not make it alright for Moslems to marry who are "doomed" to hell.  Prophet Mohammed (PBUH) himself married "women of the book".

Thany you so very very much. Thats exactly my point.

As for marijuana being halal. THere is noooo dount in my mind that marijuana is halal. You cannot whatsoever ever ever deny it.

http://www.resist.com.au/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=242

" From India, the use of cannabis spread eastward to Persia (now Iran) and the rest of the Near East. The Arabs adopted and spread it through North Africa as they conquered those lands for Islam from the seventh to the fifteenth centuries. In Arabic, cannabis is called hashish, meaning grass. Islam forbids the use of alcohol but not hashish, since it was adopted after the Prophet Muhammad established Muslim law. Although the Arabs ruled in parts of Portugal and Spain until 1492, use of cannabis did not spread to this area. However, the Spanish conquistadors (conquerors) introduced cannabis into the New World, where it was adopted by African slaves. " http://www.bookrags.com/research/marijuana-dat-02/

And as for the part where the prophet muhhammad enjoyed singing, the writing and teaching the hadiths as part of the curriculum of Islam is Shirk. The prophet himself condemned the writings of Hadiths and burned them himself. Only a few hundred years after was it allowed by a different caliph.

Edited by peacemaker
hat2010 View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hat2010 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 October 2006 at 7:07pm
It is an interesting post subject because it raises a question that is so dear to
us - how can anything that we love so much, that causes no harm to those
around us, that does not turn us from god - be haram?

Pot is a major player in Moroccan sufi brotherhoods - I don't know any
Moroccans who would suggest the Aissawa, Gnawa, or Jilali brotherhoods
are haraam or kafir or anything of the sort. They are the indispensible
dispensers of Islamic power, love, wisdom and, yes, fun here in Morocco.

seekshidayath View Drop Down
Female Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seekshidayath Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 October 2006 at 10:39pm

Most people can't learn to use their brains like this by themselves, unless they use marijuana. Yes I said it. Marijuana helps people understand better. Marijuana is a mental stimulant. Also marijuana does not make you do anything that is considered a sin, like alcohol can do sometimes. DO NOT tell me intoxicants are haraam, because alcohol was replaced immediately by other intoxicants such as marijauna and other intoxicating teas. It is even suggested that Muhammad pbuh used marijuana himself, while meditating.

As'salamulaikum Wa rahmatullahi Wa barakatahu,

First lets make up our minds to adapt the knowledge which leads us to the right path instead of sticking our limits to the religion of our forefathers or else. or to win over the point. May Allah lead us to the right path. There is no question of compromising with the verses of Qur'an at any cost. If we keep trying to make such adjustments then we may not be able to view the real islam as every one would have there own innovated religion. O.K coming t o your point, let me try to explain again that the word  "khamr"  used in the Arabic text stands according to the lane for, "Any intoxicating thing that clouds  or obscures the intellect be it in any quantity", Thus the prohibition here relates to all intoxicants and the name which you mentioned is also under this category.

The total prohibition of Qur'an is a fact of history to which all the historians of the Qur'an including its worst critic D.S Margoliouth  says "when the revelation came, zealous followers went round the houses of muslims and emptied all the vessels of liquor which was supposed to be intoxicating , in many cases breaking the vessels themselves--------.The prohibition was extended to vinegar made of wine and categorical denial  was given to the suggestion that wine had medicinal value." {Mohammad, p 283}

But still as you view, there are many muslims who make others believe that, according to the Holy Qur'an, wine is not something totally evil, - wrongly taking the shelter of the verse - "They ask you {O Prophet} about wine and gambling. Tell {them} in both is a great sin and some benefits for men, but sin is far greater than benefit-----------".

The condemnation of wine even in this verse is very definite. However coming to the words "some benefits", what has been really affirmed is not any benefit in human consumption but the other benefits to which a scientist refers thus, "Alcohol's most  useful sphere of action is a solvent in industrial concerns. It has also some uses as an external consumption" 

Above all as a muslim we need to have complete faith  with the verses. Its said to be handi work of satan and naturally  this path does not leads us to success. We feel little is allowed and after few days we feel to increase the quantity bit more and this way we are completely into  the trap of satan. So please read the verses again and again and lets make a sincere prayer that Allah lead us to a right path. Ameen.

Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: �All the descendants of Adam are sinners, and the best of sinners are those who repent."
seekshidayath View Drop Down
Female Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seekshidayath Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 October 2006 at 10:45pm

Also, I honestly do not think that at least Christians nor Jews will burn in hell forever at the least. You said that they should use their brains"

Yeah i did say that they need to use there brains instead of following the religion of forefathers. We all know well that Qur'an is not just for muslims, it also addresses whole humanity.  Here is a verse,

" Messengers as bearers of gud news as well as of warning in order that mankind shud have no plea against Allah after the coming of messengers. And Allah is ever All-Powerful and All-Wise."

verse 85 of Al-Imran says "And whoever seeks a religion other than Islam, it will never be accepted of him and in the Hereafter he will be one of the losers"

It is obligatory to have Belief in the Messengership of the Prophet Muhammad {sallal lahu alai hi wasallam} said, "By Him {Allah} in whose hand Muhammad's soul is, there is none from the jews and the christians who hears about me and then dies without believing in the message with which i have been sent{ i.e Islamis monotheism} , but will be from the dwellers of the {hell} fire" Sahih muslim Book of faith Hadith No-240"  And today who does 'nt know of our Prophet be it a muslim or non-muslim. You must be knowing that islam is the fast growing religion in the west and the most read book is the Holy Qur'an.

There are many verses in the Qur'an which warns the disbelievers again and again. Here is a verse which may clarify your doubt

Will Punishment be Diminished for the Disbelievers
Sa`id bin Jubayr commented about Allah's statement,
(but if there is any good (done), He doubles it,) "As for the disbeliever, his punishment will be lessened for him on the Day of Resurrection, but he will never depart the Fire.'' He used as evidence the authentic Hadith in which Al-`Abbas said, "O Messenger of Allah! Your uncle Abu Talib used to protect and support you, did you benefit him at all'' The Messenger said,
(Yes. He is in a shallow area in Hell-fire, and were it not for me, he would have been in the deepest depths of the Fire.) However, this Hadith only applies to Abu Talib, not the rest of the disbelievers. To support this, we mention what Abu Dawud At-Tayalisi recorded in his Musnad that Anas said that the Messenger of Allah said,

(Allah does not wrong the faithful even concerning one good action, for he will be rewarded for it by provision in this life and awarded for it in the Hereafter. As for the disbeliever, he will be provided provision in this life for his good action, and on the Day of Resurrection, he will not have any good deed.)

There are many verses which say that these dis-believers will be thrown in hell forever.

So if we are that concerned of them lets start up to convey them the message, its upon Allah to Bestow  guidance only to whom He wills.

Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: �All the descendants of Adam are sinners, and the best of sinners are those who repent."
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic