IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Science & Technology
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Circumcision prevents AIDS  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Circumcision prevents AIDS

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ZamanH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 July 2005 at 10:40pm
Originally posted by Deus Deus wrote:

Originally posted by ZamanH ZamanH wrote:

I don't know. My post was about demonstrating the miraculous nature of teachings of Islam.

Besides, Israelites practiced it for over 2000 years before Islam.

then, MUslim not picking up the unheigynic habits of the Jews and adopting other healthy habits (which were not Jewish) such as pohibition of drinking of wine and smoking, should be seen as a miracle, too.

An enemy of an enemy is a fickle friend.
There will be more women in hell than men.
..for persecution is worse than the slaughter of the enemy..(Quran 2:191)
Heaven lies under mother's feet
ZamanH View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ZamanH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 July 2005 at 11:02pm

Quote Point being, circumcision does not prevent AIDS

No, it does and and that has been established through numerous vast surveys taken. Though, it might not be used as a means to prevent AIDS.

Israfil View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Israfil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 July 2005 at 1:57pm

Zaman let us use simple logic here:

AIDS is contracted a) sexually b) sharing needles c) contact with blood with an open wound

Now let us say that a man gets circumcised at birth and he gets a cut as an adult. Let us then add that he accidentally touch a sample of blood at a hospital (perhaps doing lab work). The blood that he touched is an AIDs patient. He can still contract AIDS even if he is circumcised and even if he never had sexual contact with anyone ( be it male or female). Simple as that. The argumentand/or survey is weak because it is not enough demonstrative proofs.

I work at a hospital and I know (not from experience nor through empirical contact) that may circumcised patients have HIV not AIDS but HIV AIDS is the latter form of HIV. The only way to prevent both is two things: Abstionence and using condoms or forms of contraceptives. If circumsicion prevents that type of STD then condoms would not be widely endorsed. So Zaman I don't think posting that article benefits anyone. If you ask me its an endorsement of sexual intercourse with a dirty person be it Muslim or non-Muslim.

Israfil View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Israfil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 July 2005 at 2:00pm
Zaman, another thing if you truly believe in what the article presents then do a personal demonstration. Love and marry a Muslim woman who has the virus, have intercourse with her then tell us your results (assuming you are circumcised of course). I'm not trying to be funny here but I highly doubt you even believe in that article.
ZamanH View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ZamanH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 July 2005 at 9:08am

There was a misunderstanding from my side. I thought prevention means restriction or curtailment and not eradication. My point was circumcision restricts the AIDS epidemic to some extent.

Noah View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Noah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 July 2005 at 2:02pm
I hate to break your illusions. Not only did the jews do it. Seceral societys all over the world have practiced this. And common for them all was that they practiced the worship of sex, the ritual itself and the divine suggestions of creation in the act and the woman giving birth. In reality it served 2 purposes...

1.The youngsters became sexually active earlyer
2.It makes it possible to reach the climatic sensation very fast. Im not talking about the actual ejaculation, but the sesation right before it. with proper training you can keep that feeling for a very long time, and having no forskin makes it easyer.

If you belive there is anything holy to that tradition, fine, thats your problem. But i know, and understand where it came from, and take it for what it is.

Does it help prevent aids? It properbly does, as there are as mentioned very small cuts inside the foreskin. But on the other hand, so does removing all the plumbing (prevent aids) or as suggested, the real miracle...our law. No zina, no problem. Alhamdulilah our Rabb makes sense as always, in his great scripture..

i do not see any miracles here brother, im sorry.

Peace
Noah
ZamanH View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ZamanH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 July 2005 at 1:51am
Originally posted by Noah Noah wrote:

In reality it served 2 purposes...

1.The youngsters became sexually active earlyer
2.It makes it possible to reach the climatic sensation very fast. Im not talking about the actual ejaculation, but the sesation right before it. with proper training you can keep that feeling for a very long time, and having no forskin makes it easyer.

What is the source of your information??
Noah View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Noah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 July 2005 at 4:33am
Wich one of them brother. Just go to any good library, find all the reffernce works that you can on theology, where it came from, its symbols, and start reading. You are asking me if there is a book where its all in. No there isnt ,likewise, can you point me to a book that explains everything i need to know about physics?

It is the result of years of work with theology, the occult and esoteric knowledge.

You can belive it if you like to. and you can chose not to. Whatever suits your best brother :)

Peace
Noah
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic