IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Culture & Community > Arabic Language
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Questions & Answers  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Questions & Answers

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hat2010 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 October 2006 at 10:42am
Hanan, you shouldn't need to post to practice. Just preview it.
Peace...

Now - Angela, does this mean you are seeing the arabic script?
Hanan View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hanan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 October 2006 at 11:38am

Edited by Hanan
Angela View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angela Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 October 2006 at 11:58am

I'm on my work computer.  I'm not allow to mess with the settings.  I need to wait until my laptop is fixed before I get to mess with it.  I figured that two universities knew what they were talking about.  Maybe not.  LOL

I know that I could see some scripts with my laptop after adding the Arabic to my windows languages, but I had problems with Islamicity.

Perhaps is a problem with the Forum software and not with our computers????

Hanan View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hanan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 October 2006 at 12:26pm

Edited by Hanan
Angela View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angela Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 October 2006 at 12:41pm

Hey, placing the blame works for Bush. hehehe

Hanan View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hanan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 October 2006 at 5:31pm

Edited by Hanan
ummziba View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ummziba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 October 2006 at 4:45am

Assalamu alaikum,

This thread is getting rather curious.  Sister Hanan, it was your instructions I followed to figure out how to type in Arabic....my computer was already reading Arabic just fine, from instructions I received from someone else a while back - can't remember who or how.....sorry!

I don't even bother composing my posts in another place (word, notepad, etc.), I do it right here in the post reply box and it works just fine.  So far it switches back and forth between English and Arabic when ever I want it to and my computer reads it all just fine.  Wish I wasn't such a techno-dummy so I could help you out!!!

Perhaps someone with good computer knowledge can post instructions here that can help?  And thanks, Angela, for posting the instructions that you did, very helpful.

Peace, ummziba.

Sticks and stones may break my bones, but your words...they break my soul ~
Hanan View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hanan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 October 2006 at 8:07am

Edited by Hanan
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic