IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Culture & Community > Arabic Language
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Questions & Answers  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Questions & Answers

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
TasNima View Drop Down
Starter
Starter
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TasNima Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Questions & Answers
    Posted: 25 March 2007 at 2:33am
Originally posted by ummziba ummziba wrote:

Assalamu alaikum,

Thanks so much Sister Alwardah, that answers my question perfectly!

Now, may I ask: do you have a link to the Arabic keyboard that you use?  I would love to be able to post Arabic letters........

Peace, ummziba.

wa3alaykumusSalaam warohmatuLloh wabarokaatuh

try this sister  :

http://www.islamweb.net/php/php_arabic/keyboard/keyboard.htm

salam

Angel View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 October 2006 at 10:13am
Originally posted by ummziba ummziba wrote:

Originally posted by Angel Angel wrote:

Originally posted by Alwardah Alwardah wrote:

e.g. �������

how is that arabic?

All I know is the english lettered and the calligraphy (of what i call it) writing.

Angel, that is the Arabic 'calligraphy', as you call it - your computer has to be set to read it or you just see a bunch of gobilty goop, I can read it fine.

so, this ������� is the gobilty goop of the calligraphy ?

~ Our feet are earthbound, but our hearts and our minds have wings ~
ummziba View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ummziba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 October 2006 at 9:32am
Originally posted by Angel Angel wrote:

e.g. �������

how is that arabic?

All I know is the english lettered and the calligraphy (of what i call it) writing.

Angel, that is the Arabic 'calligraphy', as you call it - your computer has to be set to read it or you just see a bunch of gobilty goop, I can read it fine.

Sticks and stones may break my bones, but your words...they break my soul ~
Angel View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 October 2006 at 8:38am

e.g. �������

how is that arabic?

~ Our feet are earthbound, but our hearts and our minds have wings ~
ummziba View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ummziba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 October 2006 at 4:54am

Assalamu alaikum,

The "funny characters" will turn into Arabic if you set your computer to read that language!  (Yes, I get the joke, just put that for the benefit of others who might not!)  Now, if only I could tell you how to do it .

Peace, ummziba.

herjihad View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote herjihad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 October 2006 at 2:10pm

Salaamu Alaykum,

I appreciate your efforts as well, Sister Ummziba!  But those funny characters make my eyes bug out.

Al-Hamdulillah (From a Married Muslimah) La Howla Wa La Quwata Illa BiLLah - There is no Effort or Power except with Allah's Will.
Hanan View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hanan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 October 2006 at 8:07am

Edited by Hanan
ummziba View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ummziba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 October 2006 at 4:45am

Assalamu alaikum,

This thread is getting rather curious.  Sister Hanan, it was your instructions I followed to figure out how to type in Arabic....my computer was already reading Arabic just fine, from instructions I received from someone else a while back - can't remember who or how.....sorry!

I don't even bother composing my posts in another place (word, notepad, etc.), I do it right here in the post reply box and it works just fine.  So far it switches back and forth between English and Arabic when ever I want it to and my computer reads it all just fine.  Wish I wasn't such a techno-dummy so I could help you out!!!

Perhaps someone with good computer knowledge can post instructions here that can help?  And thanks, Angela, for posting the instructions that you did, very helpful.

Peace, ummziba.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic