IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Quran & Sunnah
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Some Hadith on Ramadan  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Some Hadith on Ramadan

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alwardah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Some Hadith on Ramadan
    Posted: 01 October 2006 at 4:52pm

As Salamu Alaikum wa Rahmatullahi wa Barakatuhu 

Here are some Ahadith on Ramadan from Al-Bukhari

Volume 003, Book 031, Hadith Number 118.

-----------------------------------------

Narrated By Abu Huraira (Radhi Allahu Anhu): Allah's Apostle (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam)  said, "Fasting is a shield (or a screen or a shelter). So, the person observing fasting should avoid sexual relation with his wife and should not behave foolishly and impudently, and if somebody fights with him or abuses him, he should tell him twice, 'I am fasting." The Prophet added, "By Him in Whose Hands my soul is, the smell coming out from the mouth of a fasting person is better in the sight of Allah than the smell of musk. (Allah says about the fasting person), 'He has left his food, drink and desires for My sake. The fast is for Me. So I will reward (the fasting person) for it and the reward of good deeds is multiplied ten times."

Volume 003, Book 031, Hadith Number 120.

Narrated By Sahl (Radhi Allahu Anhu): The Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) said, "There is a gate in Paradise called Ar-Raiyan, and those who observe fasts will enter through it on the Day of Resurrection and none except them will enter through it. It will be said, 'Where are those who used to observe fasts?' They will get up, and none except them will enter through it. After their entry the gate will be closed and nobody will enter through it."

Volume 003, Book 031, Hadith Number 123.

Narrated By Abu Huraira (Radhi Allahu Anhu): Allah's Apostle (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) said, "When the month of Ramadan starts, the gates of the heaven are opened and the gates of Hell are closed and the devils are chained."

Volume 003, Book 031, Hadith Number 127.

Narrated By Abu Huraira (Radhi Allahu Anhu): The Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam)  said, "Whoever does not give up forged speech and evil actions, Allah is not in need of his leaving his food and drink (i.e. Allah will not accept his fasting.)"

Wa Alaikum Salam

�Verily your Lord is quick in punishment; yet He is indeed Oft-Forgiving Most Merciful (Surah Al-An�am 6:165)
"Indeed, we belong to Allah and to Him is our return" (Surah Baqarah 2: 155)
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic