IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Comments & Complaints
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
novae View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote novae Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: ?
    Posted: 10 November 2006 at 3:45am

I know no Muslim�s care about this, so I don�t care about any Muslim�s.

Antony-Islah View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Antony-Islah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 October 2006 at 11:05am

why sorry? you don't have to apoligise for being you!

just let it flow.......

[if anyone followed the link i posted here - i am sorry, i have now deleted it for i do not perceive that it was agood infleunce] 

Edited by Antony-Islah
Angel View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 October 2006 at 7:35am
Originally posted by Antony-Islah Antony-Islah wrote:

i have returned just so that i may reply to you dear Angel.

Quote i think i may be over the thing that has been leading to my leaving and hence changing names upon returning (Insha Allah).

that's good to hear.

Quote .... i have accepted that Muslim leaders do not wish to reply to me, mind you i am still no closer to fathoming it out, i thought they would want to discuss such an issue, as a pose to allowing me to use it (the science) in a way i see fit��.

after all they are continually telling me that they know best, which is shown via their actions � i.e. that they preach and do not allow me to even ask them a question regarding my understanding of what they have said� but hey i guess Allah {SWT} wants me to have a say, and who can stop Allah�s decree, right?!

the way i see it, its their loss.

Quote anyway i am glad you appreciated my reply, and sorry for my (past & future) awkwardness, although i hope the worst is behind me!

, ah don't worry

Quote so tell me what do you know today?

sorry its not much.

~ Our feet are earthbound, but our hearts and our minds have wings ~
Antony-Islah View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Antony-Islah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 October 2006 at 4:56am

i have returned just so that i may reply to you dear Angel.

i think i may be over the thing that has been leading to my leaving and hence changing names upon returning (Insha Allah)..... i have accepted that Muslim leaders do not wish to reply to me, mind you i am still no closer to fathoming it out, i thought they would want to discuss such an issue, as a pose to allowing me to use it (the science) in a way i see fit��.

after all they are continually telling me that they know best, which is shown via their actions � i.e. that they preach and do not allow me to even ask them a question regarding my understanding of what they have said� but hey i guess Allah {SWT} wants me to have a say, and who can stop Allah�s decree, right?!

anyway i am glad you appreciated my reply, and sorry for my (past & future) awkwardness, although i hope the worst is behind me!

so tell me what do you know today?

Angel View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 October 2006 at 1:57am

If you are lurking, I have been away since last post, but thanks for you last reply, my response is  

Well, Good luck for the future

~ Our feet are earthbound, but our hearts and our minds have wings ~
Antony-Islaah View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Antony-Islaah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 October 2006 at 5:01am

thank you for your advice Angel & supreme

i think its quite obvious why i do not belong here, i only came back because i was sent three emails by 'ICforum'..... i hope they are able to respect my wishes and cease from contacting me in the future. 

Antony-Islaah View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Antony-Islaah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 October 2006 at 9:44am

Thank you for your reply supreme, and I accept what you say.

You talk about �under supervision�, would that be under the supervision of a person merely following what he found his forefathers upon before him, while expecting me to renounce all my forefathers taught me?

If I said to the very same person, I have proof one of the other versions of Islam (ie one of the other of the four madhabs) is correct and the version you follow is not, how much resistance do you think I would find if I asked that person to renounce what he found his forefathers upon?

Well I already know, they would completely ignore me, so the way I see it, I have already acted in a more humble way than any of those claiming to exclusively posses the truth, for I have renounced much of what I found my forefathers upon!   

superme View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote superme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 October 2006 at 9:15am
Originally posted by Antony-Islaah Antony-Islaah wrote:

i personally have sought advice from imam�s and alike, and found that they lack the scope to compassionately teach reverts, when i have been struggling to implement certain aspects of the religion (taking into account i am not allowed to fully incorporate the religion in my parents house), they have advised me in a blunt, uncompassionate way, expecting me to instantly become Muslim in every aspect�.. this has only had the effect of making me feel down, and led me to punishing myself because i have been unable to do as they say.

Real classic occurances, it happened to me once when I asked the 1/2 bake knowledgable friend. But I manage it on my own ever since and I am enjoying it by feeling the struggle trying to understand something that by right need to be studied under supervision. The fruits are sweet really - after sweating.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic