IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Islam for non-Muslims
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Zakat  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Zakat

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Starter
Starter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote think.box Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Zakat
    Posted: 29 September 2006 at 7:17am
How often is Zakat practiced? Is it really possible to eliminate inequality and help others with economic hardships?
taliyya View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote taliyya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 October 2006 at 2:42am

The official Zakat  due on the wealth of the muslim who has excess  (more than the bare essentials ) is due yearly.

The Zakat Fitr is Due after Ramadan .every muslim gives food to the poor

Then there is the charity that is recommended as often as a person can.

wealth is not to be hoarded by a small percentage of the population.

God encourages  and praises people who give poor people " a right in their money"

i  hope this helps a little . I will try to contact you with more info

air_one View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote air_one Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 October 2006 at 3:14pm
I dont think it will ever be possible to eliminate economic inequality. The one who works more should get more than the one working less. But the problem here is the gap between the rich and the poor. I dont think that in todays economic system zakat alone can help in decreasing this gap. Here interest is the main culprit.
StephenC View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote StephenC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 November 2006 at 6:41am
100% Inheritance tax without exception will help close the gap between the rich and the poor!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic