IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Culture & Community > Arabic Language
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Arabic Language  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Arabic Language

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hanan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 October 2006 at 10:14am

Edited by Hanan
Alwardah View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alwardah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 October 2006 at 2:52am

As Salamu Alaikum

Jazakallahu Khairan to the Administration for providing us a new section devoted to the Arabic Language.

Sis Hanan, I think, Fear Allah was referring Walid ibn Mughaira who was one of the greatest enemies of the Prophet  (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) and he never accepted Islam.

I agree with Sis Ummziba, Arabic is a very difficult language to learn, I know from experience and the best way to learn the language is, in a real class room. Even the grammar is difficult to understand, if one does not have a good teacher.

Alhamdulillah there are many sites where one can learn Arabic and it always helps to get familiar with the words and sounds as it makes it easier for us (non-Arab Muslims) to read the Glorious Qur'an.

After trying on my own using the internet, online classes, books, tapes and other media, I have given up learning Arabic grammar but devised my own method of learning to understand the Glorious Qur'an without a translation. I am trying for the last four years.

Insha Allah this forum will give me the opportunity to share my notes and learn from the experiences of others.

Wa Alaikum Salam

�Verily your Lord is quick in punishment; yet He is indeed Oft-Forgiving Most Merciful (Surah Al-An�am 6:165)
"Indeed, we belong to Allah and to Him is our return" (Surah Baqarah 2: 155)
rookaiya View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rookaiya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 October 2006 at 2:57am

i have discovered while trying to learn swahili that there are plenty of swahili words which are the same in arabic as well. e.g Dunya means the world in both swahili and arabic

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic