IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Interfaith Dialogue
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - For StephenC  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedFor StephenC

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3031323334 35>
Author

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 October 2006 at 2:14pm

The Gospel

Luke 11

15: But some of them said, He casteth out devils through Beelzebub the chief of the devils.

16: And others, tempting him, sought of him a sign from heaven.

17: But he, knowing their thoughts, said unto them, Every kingdom divided against itself is brought to desolation; and a house divided against a house falleth.

18: If Satan also be divided against himself, how shall his kingdom stand? Because ye say that I cast out devils through Beelzebub.

19: And if I by Beelzebub cast out devils, by whom do your sons cast them out? Therefore shall they be your judges.

20: But if I with the finger of God cast out devils, no doubt the kingdom of God is come upon you.

21: When a strong man armed keepeth his palace, his goods are in peace:

22: But when a stronger than he shall come upon him, and overcome him, he taketh from him all his armour wherein he trusted, and divideth his spoils.

23: He that is not with me is against me: and he that gathereth not with me scattereth.

24: When the unclean spirit is gone out of a man, he walketh through dry places, seeking rest; and finding none, he saith, I will return unto my house whence I came out.

25: And when he cometh, he findeth it swept and garnished.

26: Then goeth he, and taketh to him seven other spirits more wicked than himself; and they enter in, and dwell there: and the last state of that man is worse than the first.

The Gospel

Matthew 12

15: Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves.

16: Ye shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles?

17: Even so every good tree bringeth forth good fruit; but a corrupt tree bringeth forth evil fruit.

18: A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit.

19: Every tree that bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire.

20: Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them.

21: Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.

22: Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?

23:And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

Holy Qur�an

Surat An-Nahl

35: And those who join others in worship with Allah say: "If Allah had so willed, neither we nor our fathers would have worshipped aught but Him, nor would we have forbidden anything without (Command from) Him." So did those before them. Then! Are the Messengers charged with anything but to convey clearly the Message?

36: And verily, We have sent among every Ummah (community, nation) a Messenger (proclaiming): "Worship Allah (Alone), and avoid Taghut (all false deities besides Allah)." Then of them were some whom Allah guided and of them were some upon whom the straying was justified. So travel through the land and see what was the end of those who denied (the truth).

37: If you (O Muhammad SAW) covet for their guidance then verily Allah guides not those whom He makes to go astray (or none can guide him whom Allah sends astray). And they will have no helpers.

No need for me to put forward my opinion on this matter when the Prophet�s of Allah {SWT} have already answered your query extensively�.. maybe your �friend� needs to deeply contemplate the above, and below is the address to a page with comments on the issue under the title of - The Idolators Argument that their Shirk was Divinely decreed, and the Refutation of this Claim

http://www.theholybook.org/en/a.46849.html

Andalus View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 October 2006 at 9:00pm
Originally posted by StephenC StephenC wrote:

Originally posted by Andalus Andalus wrote:

Andulas:

"How many times must I come here and find the questions of a ranting idiot?"

Why must you engage in childish name calling behavior?  No one that I know of is forcing you to read or respond to my questions that have remained unanswered with logic and reason.

Where is the Peace of Muhammad in your responses?  Does the Qu'ran advocate such hostility?

The real question is, why must you engage in childish antics?

I did not call you a name.

Why do you insist on avoiding the problems in your questions and the reasoning in them?

So far, I have yet to find a single, worthy contribution by you.

That is a fact.

By the way calling you out on your dishonest games is not unpeacful.

Nice try.

So is "ranting idiot" not name calling or did someone impersonate you?

I wish you would spend this much effort in justifying your claims.

If the shoe fits, then by all means where it. The label was toward the manner of questioning.

Be honest if you can.  You are a representative of Islam.  How can one trust Islam if its followers are not truthful?

The issue is not my honesty. The issue is your intellectual dishonesty. 

A feeling of discouragement when you slip up is a sure sign that you put your faith in deeds. -Ibn 'Ata'llah
http://www.sunnipath.com
http://www.sunniforum.com/forum/
http://www.pt-go.com/
Andalus View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 October 2006 at 9:05pm

The Kaaba:

"The present dimensions of the Kaba are as follows:

Northern wall 11.03 meters
Southern wall 11.28 meters
Eastern wall 12.70 meters
Western wall 12.04 meters"

http://www.kokaniz.com/holykaaba.html

Pretty poor construction for something that is supposed to be the most sacred structure to God.

Amazing. Our resident investigator of 30 years is so tongue tied he is only able to pretend that his opinion is worth anything.

[quote]

I quoted the source that I provided.  Was I wrong in my quote?

who said anything about the soucre or the quote?

[quote]

As for my personal comment, shouldn't the most sacred temple to God be as perfect as possible?  Or is "lopsided" okay?

Or is there some special reason for the odd shape? 

how can you be sure something is perfect as possible?

the context of the building and its environment determine the manner and ability of construction. Your opinion does not count as fact as to what a building should or should not be.

I don't know anyone who would think that "lopsided" is perfect.  Maybe that is the problem here, I have a higher standard than you.

Nice comments, but completely irrelevant to what I stated. Do you have trouble with comprehension or are you trying your hardest to ignore and deflect?

Want to try again?

how can you be sure something is perfect as possible?

the context of the building and its environment determine the manner and ability of construction. Your opinion does not count as fact as to what a building should or should not be.

Let me know if you are having trouble with this?

A feeling of discouragement when you slip up is a sure sign that you put your faith in deeds. -Ibn 'Ata'llah
Andalus View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 October 2006 at 9:33pm

Quote:

We all should know the paganistic history of the site (we can rehash it if someone does not recall it).

"The city of Mecca achieved its major religious significance following the birth and life of the Prophet Muhammed (570-632AD). In 630 Muhammad took control of Mecca and destroyed the 360 pagan idols, with the notable exception of the statues of Mary and Jesus. The idol of Hubal, the largest in Mecca, was a giant stone situated atop the Ka�ba. Following the command of the Prophet, Ali (the cousin of Muhammad) stood on Muhammad�s shoulders, climbed to the top of the Ka�ba and toppled the idol."

http://www.sacredsites.com/middle_east/saudi_arabia/mecca.ht ml

Andulas> "More amazing. You have yet to make a point. Will you continue to waste everyone's time with childish dribble or will you make a point?"

I am sorry that you find the history of Islam to be "childish dribble."  As a non-muslim, I find it educational to learn the basis of a religion to better understand the beliefs.

and yet another childish, and juvenile deflection. There was only one author of childish dribble, that was you, unless you are now authoring Islamic history texts?

I have provided Islamic information to make my point by giving the reader information from reliable sources.

No one said anything about your sources. Unless you are as illiterate as you are now leading on, one could hardly believe that someone with any education could mistake the direction of my comment. It was clear. Your thinking is not. 

Perhaps you should start with basic reading skills, and then move on to basic logic, before you try your hand at islamic education.

Hope this helps?

In case you really can not understand the point, I will try to make it as simple as possible.

My point is:

"The source of Muhammad's revelations are unprovable as to whether the "voice" existed or who provided the revelations.

Now you are changing the nature of the thread. Never did you make such a comment.

You are also ignorant as to what evidence is, the nature of proof, and the nature of inquiry. If you did recieve an education, you should reutrn to the institution and demand a refund. Seriously.

Your statement is very giving about your lack of education and lack of training in critical thinking. Your statement was imply "ignorant".

By the way, when will you reply to my request at the beginning of this thread? Face it Stephen, you are a coward. Thats ok.

(finally you did come out and tell us that not only do you believe in one prophet, you believe in many! I am dying to discover the hard, critical, concrete evidence that you have found)

While Muhammad's revelations, regardless of the source, are for the most part good information, but contain inaccuracies and errors.  These inaccuracies and errors could have been intentional by the "voice" to deceive Muhammad, but most likely are the results of the rewriting, editing, translating, and clarifying of the Qu'arn by individuals and committees long after the death of Muhammad.

Poor deranged fellow. You are unable to keep focused for even a thread. You ranted on about the ka'aba, not making any sense, and now you feel the point was about revelation and the nature of prophethood, which you have diluted your extremely sophomoric understanding of proof and evidence. 

Nothing new. Deflect, add in assertions irrelevant to your post that was replied to, and then babble out something incoherent.

In your convoluted sophistry, you have convinced yourself that you are throwing daggers, yet sadly you have only loobed a barrage of helium ballons. Trust me when I say, that no one is fooled. 

Islam is a "blind faith" religion, just like all the other organized religions.  No better, and no worse."

Irrelevant to the topic that was replied to.

Also, proof by assertion, which you continuously push forward, is not proof.

Please put me out of your intellectual misery and pick up a basic book on introductory logic.

Is that simple enough?  If I am wrong, please, please, provide something other than childish name calling to educate me.

Yes you are wrong. Your first post was about a building. And your irrelevant rant was problematic. I pointed it out. Instead of replying with more nonsense, at least pretend that you have read it and reply directly to it. Denial, and the rest of your usual games is getting old.

"Coward" and "Poor deranged fellow" are clearly MORE childish name calling on your part. 

Actually, you are "clearly", once again, trying to create a red herring to deflect from your incompetence, ignorance of topic, and inability to stay focused.

Is my comment a "childish" insult, or an intelligent observation?

Lets see.

Deranged defined: TRANSITIVE VERB:
de�ranged , de�rang�ing , de�rang�es

1. To disturb the order or arrangement of.
  2. To upset the normal condition or functioning of.
  3. To disturb mentally; make insane.

1) You start of complaining about how the ka'abah does not fit your keen sense of decoration and architectural insights.

2) Then you tell me the point is about proof over prophethood issues (a complete 180 degree "tangent" so to speak).

1 is correct, and so is 2, and possibly 3, though I am not an expert on mental problems.

I stated that you were a coward. Childish insult, or honest, intelligent observation?

NOUN:

One who shows ignoble fear in the face of danger or pain.

Is this true? After trying to unreasonably grill Islam and after making unreasonable, strict demands guided by an ignorant appeal to sketicism, you tried to hide your own beliefs, which are founded upon less certainty under reasonable historical criticsm. You only relented after I barraged you with requests. Your obfuscation of your own beliefs, which are directly relevant to many of the charges you have placed agaisnt Islam, is ignoble fear in the face of pain. I do not fear criticsm. My religion stands on more than just blind faith. Something you are unable to understand or know, given that you believe Moses was a prophet, and you have nothing but an unreliable narrative from unvalidated, unknown narrators. Pure faith. If you feel otherwise, then bring forth your proof of validation of the narratives?  

Could you please be an adult about this or is your name calling a means to deflect the fact that you still can not answer the question as to the proof that 'the "Voice" really existed and that it was that of the Angel Gabriel'?

I am sorry if my observations are disturbing to you. They should be. I would be disturbed if I had to play such a dishonest game of rhetoric.

1) The voice cannot be proven, given that it cannot be measured or recorded. So your demand for evidence is out of ignorance. Reasonable historical criticism does not demand or require such an unreasonable notion for proof.

2) I know it was Gabriel due to "confidence". Just as I have "confidence" in many of the major explanations and theories of mainstream secular history.

3) Provide "evidence" of the exodus as told in the bible? Where is the trash and ruins of the many thousands of Hebrews wondering around for 40 years? My request for evidence is completely reasonable, yet you cannot provide me with any evidence with respect to the bible, which you take as your proof for Moses as a prophet. Yet you want something completely unreasonable, even according to modern, historical criticism. 

Simply astounding. 

Edited by Andalus
StephenC View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 October 2006 at 4:02am

Andulas:

"How many times must I come here and find the questions of a ranting idiot?"

Why must you engage in childish name calling behavior?  No one that I know of is forcing you to read or respond to my questions that have remained unanswered with logic and reason.

Where is the Peace of Muhammad in your responses?  Does the Qu'ran advocate such hostility?

The real question is, why must you engage in childish antics?

I did not call you a name.

Why do you insist on avoiding the problems in your questions and the reasoning in them?

So far, I have yet to find a single, worthy contribution by you.

That is a fact.

By the way calling you out on your dishonest games is not unpeacful.

Nice try.

So is "ranting idiot" not name calling or did someone impersonate you?

I wish you would spend this much effort in justifying your claims.

If the shoe fits, then by all means where it. The label was toward the manner of questioning.

Be honest if you can.  You are a representative of Islam.  How can one trust Islam if its followers are not truthful?

The issue is not my honesty. The issue is your intellectual dishonesty. 

How is my asking questions (and your refusal to answer them) "intellectual dishonesty?"

You claim that Muhammad is a prophet from God and the Qu'ran (which allegedly was given by a "voice") is revelations from God.

All I ask is for some proof to seperate Muhammad from other claimed prophets (like Joseph Smith, Jim Bakker, Clara Prophet, David Kresh, etc).

Apparently, the "intellectual dishonesty" is on your part in that you refuse to admit that Islam is another "blind faith" religion and there is no proof of the claims.

My suspicions were confirmed during the discussion about the Kaaba.  The imperfections in the sizes of the sides are really not very significant, yet you refuse to accept this established fact!

Why?  Is your faith so weak that you can not view it from an unbiased basis for fear that if you acknowledge the flaws you will lose your faith?

Nothing of man is perfect.  God is perfection.

To claim otherwise, in my humble opinion, is blasphemy against God!

StephenC View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 October 2006 at 4:08am

Andulas

"Is this true? After trying to unreasonably grill Islam and after making unreasonable, strict demands guided by an ignorant appeal to sketicism, you tried to hide your own beliefs, which are founded upon less certainty under reasonable historical criticsm. You only relented after I barraged you with requests. Your obfuscation of your own beliefs, which are directly relevant to many of the charges you have placed agaisnt Islam, is ignoble fear in the face of pain. I do not fear criticsm. My religion stands on more than just blind faith. Something you are unable to understand or know, given that you believe Moses was a prophet, and you have nothing but an unreliable narrative from unvalidated, unknown narrators. Pure faith. If you feel otherwise, then bring forth your proof of validation of the narratives? "

I have explained my faith at least a couple of times.  My beliefs here are not the subject of the discussion.  Yes, I admit that my acceptance of Moses is "pure faith" based on ancient texts that are not disputed by the THREE major mono-God religions.

You claim that your religion is stands on more than "just blind faith" okay, then why can you not state the non-blind faith basis for your religion so that we can move on from your distracting personal attacks?

So what are the non-blind faith basis for Islam?  That is all I am asking....

StephenC View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 October 2006 at 4:23am

Andulas

"I am sorry if my observations are disturbing to you. They should be. I would be disturbed if I had to play such a dishonest game of rhetoric.

1) The voice cannot be proven, given that it cannot be measured or recorded. So your demand for evidence is out of ignorance. Reasonable historical criticism does not demand or require such an unreasonable notion for proof.

2) I know it was Gabriel due to "confidence". Just as I have "confidence" in many of the major explanations and theories of mainstream secular history.

3) Provide "evidence" of the exodus as told in the bible? Where is the trash and ruins of the many thousands of Hebrews wondering around for 40 years? My request for evidence is completely reasonable, yet you cannot provide me with any evidence with respect to the bible, which you take as your proof for Moses as a prophet. Yet you want something completely unreasonable, even according to modern, historical criticism. "

Your observations do not disturb me.  Even your childish name calling does not bother me.  It disappoints me that you have to resort to such measures when honest discussion would be better.

Andulas:

"1) The voice cannot be proven, given that it cannot be measured or recorded. So your demand for evidence is out of ignorance. Reasonable historical criticism does not demand or require such an unreasonable notion for proof."

Finally, an honest response.  Thank you for admitting that the voice cannot be proven.  Was that so hard?  Did the pillars of Islam fall?  No.  However, asking for evidence (or the admission that it is a "blind faith" issue) is not out of ignorance but something everyone who is considering any religion, should ask.

Andulas:

"2) I know it was Gabriel due to "confidence". Just as I have "confidence" in many of the major explanations and theories of mainstream secular history."

What is the difference between "confidence" and "blind faith?" 

Andulas:

"3) Provide "evidence" of the exodus as told in the bible? Where is the trash and ruins of the many thousands of Hebrews wondering around for 40 years? My request for evidence is completely reasonable, yet you cannot provide me with any evidence with respect to the bible, which you take as your proof for Moses as a prophet. Yet you want something completely unreasonable, even according to modern, historical criticism. "

I have admitted that my acceptance of Moses as a prophet is based upon the fact that the THREE major mono-God religions accept it and there is (to the best of my knowledge) no one disputing it.  Not even pagan religions (to the best of my knowledge) deny this "fact."

However, TWO THIRDS of the major mono-God religions DENY that Muhammad was a prophet from God.  Remember when I suggested (in humor) that we take a world wide vote?

If you asked three people about how good a certain movie was, and all three said it was "great," would you tend to think it was a good movie?  And if two of the three claimed that another movie was bad, which movie would you most likely go see?

At least I, am inquiring more about the unpopular movie (like the plot, the actors, etc) so that I can make a better decision - and you critize me for it?

Antony-Islah View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 October 2006 at 6:58am

i'll leave you two alone to finish your argument then shall i!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3031323334 35>
  Share Topic