IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Interfaith Dialogue
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - For StephenC  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedFor StephenC

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 35>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
StephenC View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 October 2006 at 5:00am

Andy

"You are a bad host."

So I am a "bad host" because I respect the beliefs of my guests and take steps to accommendate them?  You are the one hosting this discussion.  Are you (with your name calling) a good Muslim host?

StephenC View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 October 2006 at 4:57am

Andy

"The Ka'abah was dedicted before some put idols in it. It was dedicted due to the special significance of the spot. The Ka'abah is not defective. You may assert this, but that does not make it so."

Who, when, and how do you know?

The "Defectiveness" of the Ka'abah (your word not mine) is in the measurement.  What is the definition of the word "lopsided?"

StephenC View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 October 2006 at 4:54am

Andy

"

Quote:

As for the disputed prophets, such as Muhammad, Joseph Smith, Clara Prophet, Jim Bakker, etc.  I require something, anything that is solid evidence that they are true prophets from God.  Is that unreasonable?  Is that clear enough for you?

No, just as convoluted as the rest of the diatrive you push. What is solid evidence in the case of all of the prophets you accept? What was the methodology you used to accept them? Being disputed does not mean it is untrue. You have been disputed. So what does that mean? "

I explained that I accept those prophets that are undisputed (Moses, Abraham, etc), only if there is proof of their prophecies.  Muhammad (and the others mentioned) have failed to provide proof, instead, they want their followers to rely upon "Blind faith."

How much simpler can I post it for you?

StephenC View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 October 2006 at 4:50am

Andy:

"

Quote:

I require no proof of his prophecy because it is not disputed.

Tautological dribble.

Everything has been disputed. I cannot believe how lame your response is. Are you serious?

Quote:

The same for Abraham and many other prophets.

Then the same comments I placed above is directed at this claim also. It is riotous that you put forth such elementary, and childish thinking which you feel places some kind of special foundation on your belief. You really are lobbing helium balloons. Those are not daggers you are throwing.

What source told you they were prophets? How can you be sure they are prophets? Since I can find plenty of material that disputes them, your claim is a huge fallacy relying on a universal qualifier that they have not been disputed, when anyone knows that they have been."

Who disputes the prophecies of Moses and Abraham?  Even Islam acknowleges that they are prophets of God.  Do you deny them?

StephenC View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 October 2006 at 4:47am
Originally posted by Andalus Andalus wrote:

Originally posted by StephenC StephenC wrote:

Quote:

We all should know the paganistic history of the site (we can rehash it if someone does not recall it).

"The city of Mecca achieved its major religious significance following the birth and life of the Prophet Muhammed (570-632AD). In 630 Muhammad took control of Mecca and destroyed the 360 pagan idols, with the notable exception of the statues of Mary and Jesus. The idol of Hubal, the largest in Mecca, was a giant stone situated atop the Ka�ba. Following the command of the Prophet, Ali (the cousin of Muhammad) stood on Muhammad�s shoulders, climbed to the top of the Ka�ba and toppled the idol."

http://www.sacredsites.com/middle_east/saudi_arabia/mecca.ht ml

Andulas> "More amazing. You have yet to make a point. Will you continue to waste everyone's time with childish dribble or will you make a point?"

I am sorry that you find the history of Islam to be "childish dribble."  As a non-muslim, I find it educational to learn the basis of a religion to better understand the beliefs.

and yet another childish, and juvenile deflection. There was only one author of childish dribble, that was you, unless you are now authoring Islamic history texts?

I have provided Islamic information to make my point by giving the reader information from reliable sources.

No one said anything about your sources. Unless you are as illiterate as you are now leading on, one could hardly believe that someone with any education could mistake the direction of my comment. It was clear. Your thinking is not. 

Perhaps you should start with basic reading skills, and then move on to basic logic, before you try your hand at islamic education.

Hope this helps?

In case you really can not understand the point, I will try to make it as simple as possible.

My point is:

"The source of Muhammad's revelations are unprovable as to whether the "voice" existed or who provided the revelations.

Now you are changing the nature of the thread. Never did you make such a comment.

You are also ignorant as to what evidence is, the nature of proof, and the nature of inquiry. If you did recieve an education, you should reutrn to the institution and demand a refund. Seriously.

Your statement is very giving about your lack of education and lack of training in critical thinking. Your statement was imply "ignorant".

By the way, when will you reply to my request at the beginning of this thread? Face it Stephen, you are a coward. Thats ok.

(finally you did come out and tell us that not only do you believe in one prophet, you believe in many! I am dying to discover the hard, critical, concrete evidence that you have found)

While Muhammad's revelations, regardless of the source, are for the most part good information, but contain inaccuracies and errors.  These inaccuracies and errors could have been intentional by the "voice" to deceive Muhammad, but most likely are the results of the rewriting, editing, translating, and clarifying of the Qu'arn by individuals and committees long after the death of Muhammad.

Poor deranged fellow. You are unable to keep focused for even a thread. You ranted on about the ka'aba, not making any sense, and now you feel the point was about revelation and the nature of prophethood, which you have diluted your extremely sophomoric understanding of proof and evidence. 

Nothing new. Deflect, add in assertions irrelevant to your post that was replied to, and then babble out something incoherent.

In your convoluted sophistry, you have convinced yourself that you are throwing daggers, yet sadly you have only loobed a barrage of helium ballons. Trust me when I say, that no one is fooled. 

Islam is a "blind faith" religion, just like all the other organized religions.  No better, and no worse."

Irrelevant to the topic that was replied to.

Also, proof by assertion, which you continuously push forward, is not proof.

Please put me out of your intellectual misery and pick up a basic book on introductory logic.

Is that simple enough?  If I am wrong, please, please, provide something other than childish name calling to educate me.

Yes you are wrong. Your first post was about a building. And your irrelevant rant was problematic. I pointed it out. Instead of replying with more nonsense, at least pretend that you have read it and reply directly to it. Denial, and the rest of your usual games is getting old.

"Coward" and "Poor deranged fellow" are clearly MORE childish name calling on your part.  Could you please be an adult about this or is your name calling a means to deflect the fact that you still can not answer the question as to the proof that 'the "Voice" really existed and that it was that of the Angel Gabriel'?

StephenC View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 October 2006 at 4:42am

The Kaaba:

"The present dimensions of the Kaba are as follows:

Northern wall 11.03 meters
Southern wall 11.28 meters
Eastern wall 12.70 meters
Western wall 12.04 meters"

http://www.kokaniz.com/holykaaba.html

Pretty poor construction for something that is supposed to be the most sacred structure to God.

Amazing. Our resident investigator of 30 years is so tongue tied he is only able to pretend that his opinion is worth anything.

[quote]

I quoted the source that I provided.  Was I wrong in my quote?

who said anything about the soucre or the quote?

[quote]

As for my personal comment, shouldn't the most sacred temple to God be as perfect as possible?  Or is "lopsided" okay?

Or is there some special reason for the odd shape? 

how can you be sure something is perfect as possible?

the context of the building and its environment determine the manner and ability of construction. Your opinion does not count as fact as to what a building should or should not be.

I don't know anyone who would think that "lopsided" is perfect.  Maybe that is the problem here, I have a higher standard than you.

StephenC View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 October 2006 at 4:40am

Andulas:

"How many times must I come here and find the questions of a ranting idiot?"

Why must you engage in childish name calling behavior?  No one that I know of is forcing you to read or respond to my questions that have remained unanswered with logic and reason.

Where is the Peace of Muhammad in your responses?  Does the Qu'ran advocate such hostility?

The real question is, why must you engage in childish antics?

I did not call you a name.

Why do you insist on avoiding the problems in your questions and the reasoning in them?

So far, I have yet to find a single, worthy contribution by you.

That is a fact.

By the way calling you out on your dishonest games is not unpeacful.

Nice try.

So is "ranting idiot" not name calling or did someone impersonate you?

Be honest if you can.  You are a representative of Islam.  How can one trust Islam if its followers are not truthful?

Andalus View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 October 2006 at 10:13pm

Quote:

What did Muhammad do to "purify" the pagan temple?

Andulas>

"Many things. Why do you want to know and will it convince you otherwise?"

I believe that God is the only true God and God created the Heavens and the Earth.  I do not believe we should "recycle" anything paganistic to be used to worship God.  Do you dedicate defective things to God or do you dedicate the best of the best to God?

The Ka'abah was dedicted before some put idols in it. It was dedicted due to the special significance of the spot. The Ka'abah is not defective. You may assert this, but that does not make it so.

Did I not give the example of using new dinnerware or using old cleaned dinnerware (that was used to serve pork) when entertaining Muslims in my home?

In graduate school, when two Muslim students moved into our quad, I went out and bought new pots and pans, since one of my room mates would eat pork.  I felt that using contaminated pots and pans (regardless of the method and times they were cleaned) was disrespectful to their religious beliefs.  I would do no less for God!

Would you?

False analogy.

You used the same stove.

You are a bad host.

A feeling of discouragement when you slip up is a sure sign that you put your faith in deeds. -Ibn 'Ata'llah
http://www.sunnipath.com
http://www.sunniforum.com/forum/
http://www.pt-go.com/
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 35>
  Share Topic