IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Islam for non-Muslims
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Discussion on Qu’ran re:  Pope, deleted  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Discussion on Qu�ran re: Pope, deleted

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fogtrik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Discussion on Qu�ran re: Pope, deleted
    Posted: 21 September 2006 at 8:41am

The forum moderators have deleted this post once already and members continue to avoid dicussing these three passages. Why?

There are ample examples of violent acts found in the Qur�an.  I�ll name just three.

First off, us unbeliever�s are not popular, as found in sura 9:5 which says, "But when the forbidden months are past, then fight and slay those who join other gods with Allah wherever you find them; besiege them, seize them, lay in wait for them with every kind of ambush...".  I really hate how the Qur�an separates its followers from the non believers, why is this needed? Please help me understand this!

Sura 47:4 says, "When you encounter the unbelievers, strike off their heads, until ye have made a great slaughter among them...".  Sure, give me grief for taking this out of context, but the last god I meet said he co-workers would say none the such J

In sura 5:33 the Qur'an orders those who fight Allah and his messenger to be killed or crucified, or have their hands and feet on alternate sides cut off; or they can be expelled out of the land. 

If this thread continues, I can find 100 more. Surely if someone talked to god, god would not have so many violent things to say. Discuss?

Fogtrik

Religion is a virus of the mind.
Fidel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fidel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 September 2006 at 11:28am
Fogtrik, firstly, striking off their heads isn't "violent", as, if Allah wants it done, then it is a holy act. (Who are we to know what qualifies as violent? Surely only Allah does!) Secondly, I feel you are insinuating that  this is "coercive", however, this is not the case, as the unbelievers will never worship Allah and so more than deserve their punishment. Muhammad (PBUH) listened to Allah's words via the angel Gabriel, not directly. (We can be fully confident that the Angel spoke correctly Allah's words and Muhammad heard everything correctly). Allah is supreme and transcendent, we cannot hope to understand: if Allah says today "this is violent", then it is and if Allah says tomorrow "this is no longer violent!", then it isn't any longer violent. Do you understand, my friend, or is your mind so darkened that you fail to see? Here you say, Allah speaks of peace, there you say Allah speaks of war. I see no contradiction, as Allah is not held back by our human expectations. 

Edited by Fidel
umadam View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote umadam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 September 2006 at 11:45am

I think you need to understand what's in the quran and stop focusing on the paragraph that you just sited, because i'm sure there are reasons and answers to them.

After all Islam is the best religion for it's organisation, rights...

Stop the whispers of satan

Angela View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angela Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 September 2006 at 11:51am

Fidel, Umadam,

Fogtrik is an atheist.  He doesn't care about the truth, he just cares about causing discord.  Personal suggestion, ignore him.  He's not worth the contentions he brings.

fogtrik View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fogtrik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 September 2006 at 12:31pm

Angela, You can't discuss the passages because they are evil and inhuman!

Religion is a virus of the mind.
Whisper View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whisper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 September 2006 at 11:47pm

Fidel, Umadam,

Fogtrik is an atheist.  He doesn't care about the truth, he just cares about causing discord.  Personal suggestion, ignore him.  He's not worth the contentions he brings.

Words of wisdom and truth from someone we all grow to trust, respect and love.

Whisper View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whisper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 September 2006 at 11:51pm

Just look at even his screen name! At least he is honest to call himself a Trick. I am a secular, I know brothers and sisters, they say in English "never cast thy pearls to the swine"

MOCKBA View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MOCKBA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 September 2006 at 12:21am

Bismillah

If you were to comment on a chicken soup based on a single vegetable ingredient like ginger taken out for tasting, you wouldn't be getting the true experience of having chicken stew, would you? Rather spit out the bitterness...

No verses of the Qur'an are to be taken out of their context. There are verses that indicate on permission to consume carrion but if conveniently taken out of context, the way you did, would draw a completely distorted view of Muslims as carrion-eating lot. The same goes with "violence"...

MOCKBA
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
  Share Topic