IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Introduction: Who am I?
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Catholic, just registered  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Catholic, just registered

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
Author
Groupie
Groupie
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ysimjee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 November 2006 at 6:12am

Slm

After reading all of the comends everyone had regarding the topic posted.  I only have one thing to say:

This is n islamic site? Right?

You have a non-muslim joining your site, rather than showing him how you can decrade and insult each other, teach him about islam, and inshallah his hart will soften to the amount where he converts.

I know i'm not the perfect muslim, but if islam can safe another person from the eternal fire, then i'm sure it will make our Creator happy.

Just think about it...

harrdnut View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote harrdnut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 November 2006 at 5:31pm
Originally posted by Saint_Michael Saint_Michael wrote:

Hello, my name is Mike, I'm a Roman Catholic who just registered in hopes to clear any misconceptions about the Popes statement, who the Pope is, and what he is not.

I'm also interested in learning more about Islam, what makes you guys tick, and overall what the problem is between our two religions.

I live in Brooklyn NY, where Catholics, Jews, Greek Orthodox, and Muslims live together with no problems at all.  If there is no compulsion in religion, why is there so much compulsion in religion?

May i say this:  The "no compulsion" clasue (verse / ayat)  is found only in the Quran.  No other religion has it.

What I cannot understand is why the Quran has it and yet Muslims don't care about enforcing it in the wold.

It maybe that Muslim scholars are "doing thier own thing" by giving it a meaning other rthan what their god Allah intended in the original words.

I wonder if Muslims belive that they can getaway with disobeying the words of their god Allah!

harrdnut View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote harrdnut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 November 2006 at 5:34pm
Originally posted by UmmAmara UmmAmara wrote:

Originally posted by Desting2 Desting2 wrote:

[ if you respect Islam you will get what you deserve.

Allah Akbar!

As a Christian this much I can say:  If the Almighty God of the Holy Bible treated mankind according to what we deserve, nobody will qualify to get into His Heaven!

amah View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 November 2006 at 5:38am
Originally posted by harrdnut harrdnut wrote:

Originally posted by Saint_Michael Saint_Michael wrote:

Hello, my name is Mike, I'm a Roman Catholic who just registered in hopes to clear any misconceptions about the Popes statement, who the Pope is, and what he is not.

I'm also interested in learning more about Islam, what makes you guys tick, and overall what the problem is between our two religions.

I live in Brooklyn NY, where Catholics, Jews, Greek Orthodox, and Muslims live together with no problems at all.  If there is no compulsion in religion, why is there so much compulsion in religion?

May i say this:  The "no compulsion" clasue (verse / ayat)  is found only in the Quran.  No other religion has it.

What I cannot understand is why the Quran has it and yet Muslims don't care about enforcing it in the wold.

It maybe that Muslim scholars are "doing thier own thing" by giving it a meaning other rthan what their god Allah intended in the original words.

I wonder if Muslims belive that they can getaway with disobeying the words of their god Allah!

http://www.islamicity.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=4589& ;PN=1

Allah is Sufficient as a Walee (Protector) and Allah is Sufficient as a Naseer (Helper).
(Surah An-Nisa, Chapter #4, Verse #45)
muqtadar View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote muqtadar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 November 2006 at 8:47pm

Dear Michael tell me about following questions

did pope learn quran?

Did he learn the ahadith (Sayings) of prophet (PBUH)

Did he learn aobut islam befor he quoted the sayings of midevil king about the religion of almighty God.

How would you feel if incorrect and incoherent qoutes are given about christianity which are untrue?

All son of adams make plenty of mistakes but the best among them is one who repents to Allah SW(Saying of the prophet PBUH).

Thanks for responding.

muqtadar View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote muqtadar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 November 2006 at 8:56pm

No compulsion in religion does not mean that You have the right to say anything untrue about islam .

It pertains to the fact that all muslims christians and jews and everybody else are free to choose what they may deem right or wrong.

Islam preaches truth even if some one makes a false statement about our religion we still will only tell oyu the truth about islam and any other religion or we shall be quite.

Thanks

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
  Share Topic