IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Introduction: Who am I?
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Catholic, just registered  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Catholic, just registered

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
Author
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ak_m_f Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 September 2006 at 3:07pm
Originally posted by Mona_1022 Mona_1022 wrote:

thats sad that u feel the need to make a comment like that...get a life!!

ban me....
Mona_1022 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mona_1022 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 September 2006 at 3:16pm

Originally posted by ak_m_f ak_m_f wrote:

thats sad that u feel the need to make a comment like that...get a life!!

ban me....

how old are you?

ak_m_f View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ak_m_f Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 September 2006 at 3:48pm

how old are you?

I will report you to Chris hansen.
Saint_Michael View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saint_Michael Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 September 2006 at 1:57pm

Hello Michael, do not listen to the ignorance displayed by some of the people here.  I am thankful for your intention to clarify the pope's position and to defend him just as we intend to defend Islam and to relay the true message it is trying to get out.  THis is the perfect site for you to learn about Islam and its true teachings.  Just know that Islam condemns violence and terrorism and actually teaches peace and tolerance of others.  By the way, I am new to the forums and am already disappointed to see that felow muslims display negative attitudes towards those trying to learn about Islam.

Hi Mona,

Thank you for your post, I am sincerely interested in dialouqing with Muslims, and learning more about your faith.  I do know Islam condemns violence and terrorism.  I am intelligent enough to be able to seperate people from the religion.

As a Christian I consider moral relativism to be my enemy not faithful Muslims, Jews, Hindus etc...

Like I said I live in Brooklyn and it's literally like the United Nations and we all get along fine, it would be nice if our world leaders could take the example of a bunch of blue collar folks from Brooklyn on how to get along.

Edited by Saint_Michael
Mona_1022 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mona_1022 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 September 2006 at 4:15pm

Yea, I live in north Jersey so I definitely know what you mean.  In Paterson, the city I live in, people separate themselves from one another.  Black people live in certain areas, the hispanics live in others, arabs live on the other side of town.  I mean, people tolerate each other to a point but you notice the same behavior world leaders display on a more personal level. No one bothers to hear the other one out; and instead of trying to undertand each other, they fight and kill each other.  If more people took the time to learn about Islam and actually hear a muslim out, perhaps they wouldn't jump to conclusions and assume that everyone wearing a turban is a terrorist. 

I'm actually interested in your story because I was introduced to Islam as a child so I accepted it a lot easier than an adult would.  Not that its hard to accept, but I'm sure its hard for an adult that was raised in a certain religion to easily accept another.  I've read the stories of many converts, mostly from Christianity to Islam, and it facinates me because the major denomenator for most of these stories is that they were looking more for something that made more sense.  Not that Christianity doesn't make sense, but there are a lot of things that condradict themselves.  In one of the stories that I read, a woman spent a good part of her college years looking for the right Church.  She had a problem with the concept of the holy trinity; how could God be One but be 3 at the same time.  After many years, she finally found the answer in Islam:  There is only One God and that is Allah...the foundation of the teachings of Islam. 

I'm also curious to know what you mean by "moral relativism."

MayPB View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MayPB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 September 2006 at 5:33am

Hello!

I am a convert to Islam myself, previously I was Catholic. Michael

you have just entered the Lion's den. When I converted to Islam

I was expecting that this religion of "peace, justice & tolerance for

others" was exactly what the church had been missing. Boy was I

wrong!  Muslim extremist could do benefit from a good beating from

a nun in Brooklyn, and if "peace loving" muslims could admit this

publicy more often than the rest of the world would have more

respect for Islam.

peacemaker View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peacemaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 September 2006 at 9:22am
Originally posted by MayPB MayPB wrote:

Hello!

I am a convert to Islam myself, previously I was Catholic. Michael

you have just entered the Lion's den. When I converted to Islam

I was expecting that this religion of "peace, justice & tolerance for

others" was exactly what the church had been missing. Boy was I

wrong!  Muslim extremist could do benefit from a good beating from

a nun in Brooklyn, and if "peace loving" muslims could admit this

publicy more often than the rest of the world would have more

respect for Islam.

Majority of Scholars have publicly denounced violence. There are many users here at the forum including myself who have very clearly spoken that Islam forbids violence, that Islam is the message of peace and submission to Allah. But, who is listening?

Anyway, this section is only for introduction. Please discuss in the relevant sections.

Then which of the favours of your Lord will ye deny?
Qur'an 55:13
UmmAmara View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UmmAmara Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 September 2006 at 1:27pm

Saint Micheal welcome...

I think what makes the two religions different is that being a muslim requires u to be ready to die any moment but most of other faiths are not ready to do that...that is what makes the US really afraid of muslims...when they see one on the road they expect that person to be ready to blow themselves up anytime....

Anyway,start a thread and let me know so we can have more sharing of info and by Allah's Grace u wil learn more.The moderator looks like he wants to have our necks for talkn other issues rather than intro...

Acquisition of knowledge requires a great deal of patience and hardwork.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
  Share Topic