IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Announcements
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Attention!  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedAttention!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5678>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Male
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2005 at 2:22am
Bi ismillahir rahmanir raheem

assalamu alaikum

Quote Idiotic anti-Islamic messages and their writers stand unharmed and seriously responded, but I find blue editions on my posts on the spurious charge of going off topic.

How can I report it, Rami? You wrote something like "if you write anything further about this in this thread, your posts will get deleted." 

I take this to be a show of intense dislike of me and a desire to bully me on false charges. Vulgar indeed. 

Stay away from arguments, huh Nausheen? You didn't even read my email and responded only on conjecture. That's your way of moderation, err your way of dictatorship.

May Allah protect the ummah from dictators like you.

I sugest you improve your english skills they are the cause of much of your misunderstanding, interprate my statments how ever you like but read the forum Guidlines first.

Ignorance is not an excuse.

Edited by rami
Rasul Allah (sallah llahu alaihi wa sallam) said: "Whoever knows himself, knows his Lord" and whoever knows his Lord has been given His gnosis and nearness.
Tasneem View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2005 at 6:20pm

Assalam-alaikum Mustafa

I haven't been on this forum for long and I have felt very much like you. Reading through a few other threads there are a number of people who are in the same boat. Let us continue to make our contributions with the hope and prayer that Allah makes it of some use to those who read. Let our aim be to spread the truth of Islam and ignore the weaknesses of the moderators.

Brother Rami wrote "I sugest you improve your english skills they are the cause of much of your misunderstanding, interprate my statments how ever you like but read the forum Guidlines first."

Sorry, but I feel exactly the same way about your English. To start with there are four spelling errors in just that short statement above. Not to mention the grammar. Please do not edit.

-ArabianKnight- View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2005 at 7:25pm
[moderator edited] .Rami.

1. We manage here an Islamic discussion board, thus all members are requested to maitain the deorum as per the standards of an Islamic cultural society. Any joke, or casual statement which the moderators find insensitive, may result in edition or deletion.

2. A generally pleasant demeanor and cordiality in language is requested during discussions.

5. The subject of your message should be in accordance with the theme of the forum. (if the text is found irrelevant to the theme, it may be deleted).We also request you to avoid straying from the 'topic' of discussion.

10. We will not tolerate personal attacks on participants from ANY Community (personal attacks are defined as comments that reflect upon the person instead of their opinion). Furthermore, any insults intended to ANY religion or ANY prophet of God, or ANY holy scripture shall be removed.

Edited by rami
THere Is no god, BUT GOD
and Adam was his First Messenger

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2005 at 10:45pm

An addendum to my previous post, I think Mustapha's English is very good. I couldn't find any errors, the meaning is very well conveyed and the language is beautiful. Please keep it up Mustapha! MashaAllah, very well written! 

Suleyman View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2005 at 12:35am
Agreed!!!
rami View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Male
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2005 at 12:55am
Bi ismillahir rahmanir raheem

assalamu alaikum

I was talking about comprehension not spelling, the two are completely different. One is related to bieng able to properly understand what another person is saying, which is the context of this dicussion since he acused me of something after not understanding what i said.

Speling mistakes have nothing to do with his capacity to understand a simple argument or instruction. Read the Guidlines Before you post.

He will find what i said earlier, is a rule from the guidline not something is said out of hate.

A moderator has to assume you have read the guidlines since it is your responsability to do so.

reading over what i said earlier i clearly stated his english skills were the cause of his misunderstanding, how did you come to the conclusion i was talking about his spelling?

It seems to me people who do not read the Guidlines and comprahend simple instruction will percieve weakness in the moderators.

Edited by rami
Rasul Allah (sallah llahu alaihi wa sallam) said: "Whoever knows himself, knows his Lord" and whoever knows his Lord has been given His gnosis and nearness.
Tasneem View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2005 at 5:20am

Wa-alaikum-Salaam Br Rami

You have written "I was talking about comprehension not spelling, the two are completely different"

I am afraid I cannot agree with you there. Quite often a spelling error can convey a completely different message. The enormous number of spelling errors in your posts are not excusable. I do not like the butchering of any language and I am sorry to say that I find your English language skills very poor. I have also not been able to understand clearly what you intended to convey in another one of your posts. And your bluntness in remarking on another person's language especially when his English is remarkably good is unfair. I am sorry for bringing this up. But I would not have done so if you had not made that nasty remark.

My mother tongue is not English, and I do not claim that my English language skills are perfect. But I try my best and I see the same in someone who is writing from Turkey where obviously English is not the first language.

I have been pounced upon (rather savagely) at a very early stage of my stay on this forum and I did not appreciate it. Yet, I ignored it and continued my posts. The only reason is because none of us are perfect. You have your weaknesses and I have mine. I have read the guidelines when I joined this forum and my remark to ignore the weaknesses of the moderators does not in any way imply that we (the members) are free of faults. There is no need to take offence for that. Let our aim be to improve ourselves and stop hurting each other. I don't think any member would take offence to an occasional tap on the shoulder, but when one is treated like a child in an Indian school one begins to rebel.

Suleyman View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2005 at 6:38am

Es_Selam'un Aleykum ve Rahmetullahi ve Berakatuh,

As an advance i have to state that my english is not good(as u see),everyone should know this and as an confess from me i don't shame on my absent english skills;everyone should be relax on that issue as i am too,listen that HISTORY...at Wednesday,i had an phone from Sudan calling me a rich businessman telling me that i have sent to your BRANCH 115.000 dollars and i will be with YOU in three hours,i was enough on replying his answers and telling my instructions to him...at the end of his words he called me as an brother,he said to me "you are my brother!"...brothers and sisters in the board,may be my english is not good;but i am enough to putting a smile on the faces of native english speakers...Alhamdulilah...

Today,I have realized that BBC uses innative english speakers for translating the speeches made in foreign languages;why?...because naturality is so much important in human relations between each other,BBC solved the issue while some others are making complaints on us...

*a note:i tried to learn english in my inefficient time abilities;but what about the French people hates to talk english calling us to learn French?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5678>
  Share Topic