IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Islam for non-Muslims
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Basic Islamic Questions  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Basic Islamic Questions

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678
Author
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 November 2006 at 6:57am
Originally posted by StephenC StephenC wrote:

Worship of God is the most important thing we can do, in my humble opinion.  I see the evidence of God in everything.  However, if you wish to debate about God, please let me know.

thanks but not at this time, i was trying to point something out to you but you missed it

Quote The problem, as I see it, is that there have been many people who claim to be Prophets from God when their "revelations" conflict with the "revelations" of other claimants.

I see

I believe the correct statement is that Muhammad claimed that a Voice gave him "revelations."  Someone else told Muhammad that it had to be the Angel Gabriel.

someone else ?? and who was this some one else?

You mean Angel Gabriel didn't speak to Muhammed despite what you say you believe in that God and/or the Angels do speak to mankind? I state again why is this different for Muhammad?

Quote I, in my ignorance, do not know of anywhere in the Quran, that Muhammad claimed something to the affect of:

"And the voice said 'I am the Angel Gabriel and these are the revelations of God'."

this is a bit silly.

The reason why you don't find anything of muhammad talking is because it is God talking, the qu'ran is the word of God not muhammad's.

Here is a verse stating that Muhammad is the seal of all prophets.

Al-Ahzab (The Confederates)

33:40 [And know, O believers, that] Muhammad is not the father of any one of your men, <>Asad(33,50) truetruetruetruetruetrue&-#">[50] but is God�s Apostle and the seal of all Prophets. <>Asad(33,51) truetruetruetruetruetrue&-#">[51] And God has indeed full knowledge of everything.

http://www.islamicity.com/QuranSearch/

Quote A cite to cure my ignorance would be most appreciated.

Do you accept this verse and that God appointed Muhammed as the last / seal of all prophets ??

here is another:

Al-A'raf (The Heights)

7:157 those who shall follow the [last] Apostle, the unlettered prophet whom they shall find described in the Torah that is with them, and [later on] in the Gospel: <>Asad(7,124) truetruetruetruetruetrue&-#">[124] [the prophet] who will enjoin upon them the doing of what is right and forbid them the doing of what is wrong, and make lawful to them the good things of life and forbid them the bad things, and lift from them their burdens and the shackles that were upon them [aforetime]. <>Asad(7,125) truetruetruetruetruetrue&-#">[125] Those, therefore, who shall believe in him, and honour him, and succour him, and follow the light that has been bestowed from on high through him-it is they that shall attain to a happy state."

http://www.islamicity.com/QuranSearch/

Stephen, you need to know that the qu'ran is the word of God, so to ask for muhammad's claim is incorrect. Now I gave you 2 verses from qu'ran, it claims muhammad is the last and the seal.

Now personally you do not have to believe but this is islam and you did want to learn about islam and muslims, this is why you came to the baords, right?  This is their belief, this is what islam and Allah states, now you cannot go around telling this is not so when i just provided you with evidence.

I accept the information even though i don't believe in some things. There is no more to give, no more to go on.

But please do answer why muhammed is different when it comes to God/Angels speaking to mankind per your beliefs

Edited by Angel
~ Our feet are earthbound, but our hearts and our minds have wings ~
Angel View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 November 2006 at 5:34am

I do not believe that the written Uthman Quran is an accurate rendition of revelations from God.  It is not magical.  Like the Bible and the Toran, it should not be worshipped.

Who says that the qu'ran is worshipped??

Whatever you believe (or not) the qu'ran like the bible and the torah is their guide, it is a spiritual and sacred book that is regarded highly, it is not worshipped, But Allah is, since the qu'ran is the word of Allah, the words of God is very important. The book is not actually worshipped but since the qu'ran holds the word of God, God is worshipped.

Quote The Bible is imperfect, yet Christianity continues to increase.

and so is islam

muqtadar View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote muqtadar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 November 2006 at 7:43pm

Dear Staphen C

How did you reach the jugement you rendered about quran?

did you read It? did you study and understand it? Let me show you only few things mentioned in quran which shold make you think otherwise.

Big bang theory mentioned in quran, its mentioned that planets are rotating in orbits ordained by allah SWT , The place of resting of Noas ark is mentioned in revelation as the Ararat range of mountains but quran specifically Mentioned mount Judi.

How could it declare thatMountains are nails to provide stability to earth or else it will be unstable.

Stages of baby in mothers womb even the number of layers(3

creation of Jins (Ghost)

and many others,

Go take any helper and find one thing wrong in quran only then would be able to see how serius you are in rejection with knowledge.

Thanks for reading,  all praises are to aalah SWT but many of the mankind know not.

muqtadar View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote muqtadar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 November 2006 at 7:54pm

Stephen To your quesstion that God AM talked to mosses but why not  to Mohammad PBUH?

Only Allah SWT can answer this question Quote"  AllahSWT does what he wills"

Angel View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 November 2006 at 5:17am
Hi muqtadar, StephenC has been banned, but could be reading still thou
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678
  Share Topic