IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Politics > Conspiracy Theories
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Who is really our enemy ?  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Who is really our enemy ?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
Author
Senior  Member

Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whisper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 March 2008 at 11:03pm

Anti-Islam film misrepresented Islam: Dutch PM 

The Dutch Prime Minister Jan Peter Balkenende has rejected the interpretation of Islam as shown in an anti-Islam film.
Addressing a press conference soon after the release of the film on the Internet, the Dutch PM said that he felt 
ashamed about the release of the film. He said the purpose of making the film by parliament member Geert Wilders 
was to agitate the Muslims and harm the Inter-faith harmony.

Islam critic Geert Wilders launched his movie Titled "Fitna", a term of the Holy Quran sometimes translated as 
"strife", it intersperses images of the Sept. 11, 2001 attacks and other Islamist bombings with quotations from the 
Quran. 

What is more important? The Dutch P M�s whisper? Or the barking of some stray dogs in los campos (in the deserted fields)?

Edited by Whisper
Shasta'sAunt View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shasta'sAunt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 March 2008 at 5:24am

"There are many many muslims who are richer than christians (Being rich is not always a blessing) Their are many christians dying without food all over the world. There are many muslims more intelligent than christians but you don't see it as they don't use it in Art and culture rathar they prefer to use it for strenthening their faith and ibada of Allah. The christians and jews are more jelous to each other than muslims; jealousy is the driving force of market economy and that's why they are flourishing, The people who are fighting the jews and christians, are not doing it for money; rathar for idelogy and principles."

Unfortunately some of what you say is true. There are many wealthy Muslims. For many years some of the wealthiest men in the world were Muslims from the Gulf States. Yet there are Muslims dying of hunger all over the world also. There are Muslim children dying for lack of a net to keep the mosquitos from biting them at night and giving them malaria. Nets cost $5 to $10.  There are Muslims dying in Darfur at the hands of Muslims. How can the Ummah allow this to happen?

Faith and Ibidah are great, but what about forbidding what is wrong and doing what is right? What about making personal sacrifice that has nothing to do with violence, but rather actually saving lives? 

Jews and Christians may be jealous of each other, though I don't see that, but they get things done.  They organise and they plan and they do.  Muslims have lost this ability.  

Doesn't the Quran say:

2:30 Behold, thy Lord said to the angels: "I will create a vicegerent on earth." They said: "Wilt Thou place therein one who will make mischief therein and shed blood?- whilst we do celebrate Thy praises and glorify Thy holy (name)?" He said: "I know what ye know not." (Al Baqara)

We were put here to take care of the earth and all of the creation of Allah. Part of our worship of Allah is to care for what He has given us. Yet as an Ummah we have become helpless and directionless.  We have no one to blame for the state we are in but ourselves.  Films and cartoons are just distractions. If we were strong we would not care. When the Prophet Mohammed(PBUH) was insulted, he ignored it. 

When Muslims today are insulted they riot and burn cars. Why?  Does it help us in any way? No, it just gives those insulting us what they want: a reason to point and say: "See how Muslims act, they are violent and crazy and a threat."

Be offended, yes, be be offended intelligently. Withhold funds, remember the Danish boycott?, use rebuttal, educate, prove them wrong, not right.  If there are great intellectual Muslim minds hiding somewhere they need to come on out and get to work....

Edited by Shasta'sAunt
�No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.�
Eleanor Roosevelt
Shasta'sAunt View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shasta'sAunt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 March 2008 at 5:34am

"Islam will be accepted in the West once we no longer need armed quards to protect us from "The Faithful"

I think that The Faithful are the ones who need protecting. As far as I can see, there are no Muslim armies occupying any non-Muslim countries at this time.

�No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.�
Eleanor Roosevelt
Whisper View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whisper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 March 2008 at 12:28pm

I think that The Faithful are the ones who need protecting. As far as I can see, there are no Muslim armies occupying any non-Muslim countries at this time.

Sister, when we are suffering from severe and chronic self denialitis and in such a state of mental conflict as our pobre friend, here, then it's impossible to face the reality.

I have thought of praying for his distressed soul, but then didn't find any!!

Whisper View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whisper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 March 2008 at 12:47pm

I forgot to share an interseting observation with you. Such psychotic reactions are mostly rooted in some personal trauma or the other.

A few years ago, we had a similarly burnt up chap, here. I wouldn't mention his screen name out of sheer courtesy. Unlike this chap, he was educated, quite well travelled and could articulate a post, but was really really full of hemlock. (My friend of the same vintage, Angela, might remember him)

Over a period of time, we managed to put his story together through his posts. It turned out to be that his girlfriend had ditched him for a richer, possibly, better looking or better behaved classmate, form Karachi. And, he was seething about Muslims, Islam and anything even vaguely associated with these.

I hope he has got over it and moved on.

Some very simple early childhood disturbances can also cause such loss of balance. We should rise to forgive them in jest!

nu001 View Drop Down
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nu001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 March 2008 at 2:43pm
Originally posted by Shasta'sAunt Shasta'sAunt wrote:

"There are many many muslims who are richer than christians (Being rich is not always a blessing) Their are many christians dying without food all over the world. There are many muslims more intelligent than christians but you don't see it as they don't use it in Art and culture rathar they prefer to use it for strenthening their faith and ibada of Allah. The christians and jews are more jelous to each other than muslims; jealousy is the driving force of market economy and that's why they are flourishing, The people who are fighting the jews and christians, are not doing it for money; rathar for idelogy and principles."

Well, I wrote it in one of my previous posts, in reply to some generalized comments on the muslims by some member. Got to see that in that context.

Unfortunately some of what you say is true. There are many wealthy Muslims. For many years some of the wealthiest men in the world were Muslims from the Gulf States. Yet there are Muslims dying of hunger all over the world also. There are Muslim children dying for lack of a net to keep the mosquitos from biting them at night and giving them malaria. Nets cost $5 to $10.  There are Muslims dying in Darfur at the hands of Muslims. How can the Ummah allow this to happen?

The picture you depicted is true, and that's common for both Muslims and christians alike. The people having money are not always bad, many many of them make significant donations, but unfortunately it does not reach due to corruption or poor management. Muslims surely should fight such evils. But dosn't quran mention that, it is Allah who tests people with or without wealth. So we can't eradicate probably all of it, so long their are dishonest people in the chain. And 100% people of the world will never ever become honest.

Faith and Ibidah are great, but what about forbidding what is wrong and doing what is right? What about making personal sacrifice that has nothing to do with violence, but rather actually saving lives? 

There are many who are doing it. Today's world is 'Mind your own business' but still there are many who are working very hard all over the world and calling people to truth and helping people to their capacity. It's true that you, me and every one needs to extend their helping hands to make it more tangible & vissible.

Jews and Christians may be jealous of each other, though I don't see that, but they get things done.  They organise and they plan and they do.  Muslims have lost this ability.  

Your neighbour or colegue has a BMW, so you need one too or a better one. This is the driving force of consumerism. I used the jealousy in this relation. Regarding planning, yes they are managing the worldly affairs well to their comfort, but how good that planning was for the next life, will be proven some day.

Doesn't the Quran say:

2:30 Behold, thy Lord said to the angels: "I will create a vicegerent on earth." They said: "Wilt Thou place therein one who will make mischief therein and shed blood?- whilst we do celebrate Thy praises and glorify Thy holy (name)?" He said: "I know what ye know not." (Al Baqara)

Sorry couldn't relate the verse in this context, to discuss with it.

We were put here to take care of the earth and all of the creation of Allah. Part of our worship of Allah is to care for what He has given us. Yet as an Ummah we have become helpless and directionless.  We have no one to blame for the state we are in but ourselves.  Films and cartoons are just distractions. If we were strong we would not care. When the Prophet Mohammed(PBUH) was insulted, he ignored it.

I don't like to sound too rigid, yes taking care of the worldly things are important and part of good deeds not a part of worship, shouldn't be associated to worship of Allah alone. But of course good deed is also very important as well.

When Muslims today are insulted they riot and burn cars. Why?  Does it help us in any way? No, it just gives those insulting us what they want: a reason to point and say: "See how Muslims act, they are violent and crazy and a threat."

This is not done by only muslims, it has been happenning all over the world for centuries, a form of violent protests against injustice. This is infact a teaching which came out of the democracies.

Be offended, yes, be be offended intelligently. Withhold funds, remember the Danish boycott?, use rebuttal, educate, prove them wrong, not right.  If there are great intellectual Muslim minds hiding somewhere they need to come on out and get to work....

At the moment, muslims are definitely lacking far behind in the knowledge of science, technology etc many other fields. Many are making efforts to catch up, but you are subjected to their terms and environment. But if you take an account of people practicing religion, Muslims are far far ahead of any other religion in that. So these practicing Muslims had been intelligent enough to understand that the next life is more important than this one, so they are striving to secure that first, then trying to manage a living, not giving up the future for a luxurious present like the west.

In the Danish Cartoon incident, many islamic countries also resorted to economic pressure through banning imports and resorted to meaningful dialogue along side violent protests, which brought result as well.

"Al-Quran-The only Straight path to success. Alhamdulillah"
Servetus View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Servetus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 April 2008 at 10:19am

Originally posted by The ever-quotable ejdavid The ever-quotable ejdavid wrote:

Islam will be accepted in the West once we no longer need armed quards to protect us from "The Faithful"

Islam will also be accepted in the West, significant parts of which are presently drowning in its own cultural and financial excrement, when, like Christianity, Islam agrees to consciously participate in its own demise.  Imagine that bright and future day when the Imam of the Blue Mosque, like his counterpart at the Viennese Cathedral of St. Stephen, permits the fervid Alfred Hrdlicka, a libidinous apostle of Karl Marx born out of due time, to display his artwork in the foyer.  Read all about it:

http://www.lifesitenews.com/ldn/2008/mar/08032608.html

Serv

nu001 View Drop Down
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nu001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 April 2008 at 11:13am

Thanks serv for sharing.

The heading is 'Hilarious' specially the reaction of the artist.

Vienna Cathedral Museum Exhibits Lewd, Blasphemous Homosexual "Religious" Art

Artist said to be very pleased his works displayed in museum associated with the Church

By Hilary White

comment of the museum was pathetic: The church museum boasts on the website that it offers special tours for school children saying they "learned a lot" about the Cathedral patron St. Stephen and the Christian faith.

How can it be a teaching on christian faith ??? Crazzy

-----------------

That day probably will never come in Islam, but off course there is a Gay mosque in South Africa and the Imam of that mosque came in an interview with BBC radio, a few days back. Needless to say that he identified himself as a Gay too. What's happening in the world?

None knows, what's in future, except Allah.

Edited by nu001
"Al-Quran-The only Straight path to success. Alhamdulillah"
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
  Share Topic