IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Science & Technology
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - HIV and AIDS cure  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

HIV and AIDS cure

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote superme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: HIV and AIDS cure
    Posted: 05 September 2006 at 1:32pm

As Salaamu alaikum.

It seem the Iranian has another achievement in medical science, a breakthrough, while the sorrounding countries produce nothing as such. Time is premium.

I have read the Iranian website ever since there was a news of a "Miracle 6 year old hafiz" from there few years ago.

Tehran, Sept 5, IRNA

Minister of Health and Medical Education Kamran Baqeri Lankarani will unveil a breakthrough achieved by Iranian scientists to cure the deadly epidemic of AIDS later in the day.

According to Health Ministry officials, Iranian scientists have invented a formula to control symptoms of AIDS.

"The research studies to find out a formula to cure AIDS was initiated during the tenure of two former health ministers and have led to useful results," a health official said.-----------------

From here

ops154 View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ops154 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 September 2006 at 3:35pm
Originally posted by superme superme wrote:

As Salaamu alaikum.

It seem the Iranian has another achievement in medical science, a breakthrough, while the sorrounding countries produce nothing as such. Time is premium.

I have read the Iranian website ever since there was a news of a "Miracle 6 year old hafiz" from there few years ago.

Tehran, Sept 5, IRNA

Minister of Health and Medical Education Kamran Baqeri Lankarani will unveil a breakthrough achieved by Iranian scientists to cure the deadly epidemic of AIDS later in the day.

According to Health Ministry officials, Iranian scientists have invented a formula to control symptoms of AIDS.

"The research studies to find out a formula to cure AIDS was initiated during the tenure of two former health ministers and have led to useful results," a health official said.-----------------

From here

Well you make it sound like some huge breakthrough but just from the part you quoted above it says "CONTROL AIDS" not cure it like your title seems to imply. There are many drugs out there that control the symptoms of AIDS, it's just none of them cure it. How is this that much of a breakthrough?

It said they were releasing it by the end of the day, what happened?

Edited by ops154
Get it through your heads that I don't support Bush or the Israeli's! Thank your lucky stars for America is here to stay!!!
Israfil View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Israfil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 September 2006 at 12:00pm
Supreme I agree with ops the is a major difference between control and cure! Western civilization has long bee distributing medication to control AIDS long before such a discovery in Tehran. Even small clinics who take people with no insurance get expensive "cocktails" that not only control the symptoms but allow the T-Cells to replenish themselves. So their discovery in Tehran is nothing new to us here.
superme View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote superme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 September 2006 at 3:47pm

Originally posted by ops154 ops154 wrote:

Well you make it sound like some huge breakthrough but just from the part you quoted above it says "CONTROL AIDS" not cure it like your title seems to imply. There are many drugs out there that control the symptoms of AIDS, it's just none of them cure it. How is this that much of a breakthrough?

Originally posted by Israfil Israfil wrote:

Supreme I agree with ops the is a major difference between control and cure!

Alright, since you two are unfairly ganging up against me - a person, therefore after long thought I have decided unconditionally to humble myself. The "Cure" means "Control" at this very moment until further notice.

fogtrik View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fogtrik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 September 2006 at 2:45pm

There's one really cool drug that binds to a lamin protein, it prevents the viral membrane from forming properly. One day we'll see a vacine for HIV.

Many young people know nothing about STD's. Take HPV for example, it causes tiny warts that are all but invisible to men - no harm at all, but they cause the worst cervical cancers in women. All dysplasia is caused by HPV. Primates also suffer from it.

fog

Edited by fogtrik
Religion is a virus of the mind.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic