IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Politics > World Politics
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - What if America Left?  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

What if America Left?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 10111213>
Author
Senior  Member

Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whisper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 September 2006 at 7:15am

Sir I am regular reader of Armed Forces Journal [ US Army Magazine]
I came across this few months ago:

What can we do? It's hard for them to sleep without mischief goaded by the hungry man's greed. It's simple: we have something that they want. It's not the other way around.

Have you ever had an chance of discussing it with some Canadians or those nice Americans who normally head for crime-free Windsor?

They are interfering with our lives and still crying foul. What do you say about that?

Leii View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Leii Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 September 2006 at 10:21am
Originally posted by Angela Angela wrote:

Leii,

An honest answer to your question could not come from an Iraqi or Afghani living in the west.  I know of many Iraqis here in the US that support the invasion.  But they are not the ones fearing suicide bombers while grocery shopping or after Jummah. And they aren't the ones having American soldiers busting down their doors and carrying off their husbands and fathers on suspicion of being insurgent sympathizers.  To get a true reaction, you'd need to actually talk to the people LIVING in the War Zone.  And not those Iraqis getting wealthy and fat in there American imposed positions of power.

Angela,

That was the point of my question. Has anyone on here spoken to anyone living in Iraq or Afganistan? Because we could all sit here and argue about the pros and cons of American and British troops being there but until anyone gets a proper prospective and first hand account of what the people want then we are not going to get a definitive answer.

ak_m_f View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ak_m_f Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 September 2006 at 12:28pm
Originally posted by Whisper Whisper wrote:

Have you ever had an chance of discussing it with some Canadians or those nice Americans who normally head for crime-free Windsor?

As a matter of fact, I have.

Their is one guy in my program, really nice; good christain, never goes to bar, no GF.

I talked to him about Iraq, and he was supporting the bush's cause and he was happy that finally we had conservative government.

He even thought that its better to spend on military by cutting back on health & education plans. I was simpily amazed.
Whisper View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whisper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 September 2006 at 1:00pm

He even thought that its better to spend on military by cutting back on health & education plans. I was simpily amazed.
Some of us do live in the stoneage! Our Civilised Nations cry all night for democracy, human rights and all that, but when someone elects a genuinely popular government then they starve the hell out of poor Palestinians!

I couldn't live in Norte de Amerika for its dollar worship society. The Spanish are still far more human in their approach to everything in life including global affairs. We did have an Aznar but obviously he has now moved to his natural country, the US of A.

He thought exactly like an American.

UmmAmara View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UmmAmara Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 September 2006 at 6:10am
[/QUOTE]

I talked to him about Iraq, and he was supporting the bush's cause and he was happy that finally we had conservative government.

[/QUOTE]

CONSERVATIVE GOVT?Wat the hell is wrong with him..next tym,tell him to open hi eyes..he seems to think with his eyes closed.

He wants the military to go on and on and on...maybe he duznt hav a relative in the military..thay are all lied upon by the bush govt that they are serving their country in real sense they are serving a bushcrap mediocre of  a govt!

All countries shud be left to their own problems...bush wants every piece of the pie for himself..wel,u cant bake ur cake and have it...
Am far more than amazed...if i were u i wud have clobbered some sense into the guy...

Edited by UmmAmara
Acquisition of knowledge requires a great deal of patience and hardwork.
Whisper View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whisper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 September 2006 at 10:05pm

if i were u i wud have clobbered some sense into the guy

Some are moulded beyond any chance of sense, plus why worry? It's best for the world to boycott HangLow-American products. You can set them right only by hitting their pocket.

UmmAmara View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UmmAmara Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 October 2006 at 6:27am
IL add that to my post up there...it really touched me.I can only imajin Africa sending food aid to the US.
Acquisition of knowledge requires a great deal of patience and hardwork.
Sign*Reader View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sign*Reader Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 October 2006 at 9:03pm
Originally posted by UmmAmara UmmAmara wrote:

IL add that to my post up there...it really touched me.I can only imajin Africa sending food aid to the US.

What would be on the menu? elephant ribs, zebra bergers and gorilla sandwitches Would you hire Fedex banana boats for shipment?

How about taking care of the people starving in Africa first?

BTW has the work started on the English course AK_m_f proposed?
( They couldn't teach their language in 6 decades>>shame on the Brits)

Edited by Sign*Reader
Kismet Domino: Faith/Courage/Liberty/Abundance/Selfishness/Immorality/Apathy/Bondage or extinction.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 10111213>
  Share Topic