IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Culture & Community > Groups : Women (Sisters)
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Salat al-istikhara  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Salat al-istikhara

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ahlam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Salat al-istikhara
    Posted: 31 August 2006 at 7:05pm

Asalamu Alaikum

Well I am engaged and recently I have become confused and I am not sure if he is the right one for me, so I prayed salat al-istikhara. I had a dream my uncle was talking to someone on the phone he said, "Are you sure you want to end the engagement?" He kept repeating that in a stern voice. I was also there watching him. I started to cry. But I am not sure if he was talking to my fiance. Then my grandma said she wanted to call my fiance. That's it. Does anyone know who I would ask to have my dream interpreted?

Thanks

righteous_4ever View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote righteous_4ever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 September 2006 at 4:01pm

Asalam o alaikum

You could ask sister fear_allah, she has this website and the imam translates dreams for you, its in arabic. Tell her the dream and she can ask the imam and intrepret it for you. Just pm her. Hope that helps.

Salam

Hadia
najamsahar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote najamsahar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 September 2006 at 1:11am

Dear sister Ahlam

This is what I would do.

First of, please pray to Allah to make the interpretation of the dream a good one. This is what a muslim does when the dream is confusing or scary. InshaAllah I am praying that this dream brings about good for you.

Next, Please do not tell about your dream to anyone. The dream should be told only to a trusted person who has only your good at heart and/or to a sheikh for its meaning and implication.

Third, repeat the Salatul Istikhaara. One two or three times. If possible you can say the dua of istikhaara after every prayer even.

A similar question was asked on islam-qa.com, I admire this sheikhs opinions, I am posting his answer and the link here.

------------------------------------------------------------ ------------------------------------------------------------ -------------------

Question:
How can I benefit properly from istikhaarah? 
After I prayed istikhaarah after someone came to propose marriage to me, I dreamt that the sister of the suitor was dressing me in a green suit and was telling me that her brother would not give anything but whatever was beautiful. I hope that you can tell me the meaning of this dream so that I can be sure whether I did istikhaarah right.

Answer:
Praise be to Allaah.

There are a number of things that should be noted: 

Firstly: 

With regard to the dream that you have seen, you should ask people who have knowledge of that, whose religious commitment and �aqeedah you trust, so that they may explain its meaning to you. Beware of ignorant people and charlatans. 

Secondly: 

Many people think that following istikhaarah there has to be a dream or a feeling of ease in the heart, and so on, but that is not the case. Even if no such thing happens when a person has prayed istikhaarah and done his best to find out what is best for him, such as consulting people, examining the issue and asking those who have experience, then he goes ahead and does it, then it is hoped that this will be what is best for him, even if he does not feel at ease in his heart in the beginning. Even if we assume that he does not succeed in this matter that he goes ahead with after praying istikhaarah, it may be good for him even if he does not know it, but his Lord knows, may He be exalted. 

Ibn al-Haaj al-Maaliki said: 

Some of them pray istikhaarah as prescribed in sharee�ah and then wait until they see a dream from which they will decide whether they should go ahead and do whatever they prayed istikhaarah about or not, or until someone else sees a dream for them. This does not count for anything, because the infallible one (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) told us to pray istikhaarah and consult others, not to rely on what is seen in dreams. End quote 

Al-Madkhal, 4/37 

Thirdly: 

If we assume that the interpretation of the dream suggests something good, good dreams are no more than hints, but they cannot be relied on. Rather you should try to find out and ask about the one who has proposed marriage, make sure whether he is religiously committed and of good character, and other things that you should find out about him. If you are certain of these matters then the good dream is no more than a message to be of good cheer when proceeding.  

We ask Allaah to make goodness easy for you, and to bless you. 

And Allaah knows best.
-------------------

Hope this helps you, you can also go to islam-qa.com and search for istikhaara or dreams.

-Najamsahar

UmmTaaha View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UmmTaaha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 September 2006 at 1:29am
UmmAmara View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UmmAmara Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 September 2006 at 1:40am

Sister Ahlam,Assalam aleikum...

All these above are true according to islam.I wish to add that when u perform Isti-khaara,U not necessarily hav to dream.Allah SW is the All knower.It can happen that u see to find some1  u were engaged to just distant themselves from u,if they were not of good to u.

Once i did Isti-khaara on this man who wanted to marry me.I later dreamt about a man(it wasnt him frm my dream) talk abt the same business the man who wanted to marry me was engaged.When i woke up i checked the time only to see it was 5am in the morning.Real dreams are said to happen btw 2-3am.The other times,its the shaitan playing tricks on u.Since i wasnt sure abt it,i stil cont to pray istikhaara.Later,i found that the guy started distancing himself from me.Eventually we parted ways,i dont know how til now.But we never argued.God works in miraculous ways.

So never expect dreams...just expect outcomes.

Acquisition of knowledge requires a great deal of patience and hardwork.
aasiya View Drop Down
Starter
Starter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aasiya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 September 2006 at 7:39am

salaamz every1...

i am a new member i just joined today

im in a very horrible situation....i wnat to marry  some1 of my choice....my parents do knw him as he is distant relative but they are not at all keen on it

iv told my mum how i feel n not my dad as i cant speak with my dad on that level...

they want me to get married to sum1 in the close family

im jus soo confuzed

dont know what to do

ive known this guy for 3 yrs nw n i knw he really loves me 2...

i wnt ot do istikara to c if me n him can work cuz my mum has sed i will never b able to survive in tht family n tht it will never work

im scrd ot do istikara as i will only wnt to c wot i wnt to n nethng negative i wud jus try n justify it n mke it sound good

do uknow any molanas or ne1 who d istikaras on behalf of other ppl? or is it sumthng tht an invidiual has to do themselves?

thanx alot n i will appreciate any ideas or help

ALLAH HAFIZ

UmmTaaha View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UmmTaaha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 September 2006 at 8:17pm

Dear aasiya,

If you scroll a bit on this string you will find a post from me where I have posted links for istekhara prayer. Click on those and you can learn the procedure.

Though I would not know your situation, however as a genaral rule, one must not choose a person for marriage who s/he does not want to marry. That can be a very tough circumstance to deal with in future, and for the rest of ones life. 

Another thing is that a woman should choose a man of taqwa, and that is the best choice for marriage. If your future spouse's adherence to religion is way less than yours, that can again be a very difficult situation for you to live in.

Therfore, chose with care. It is not wrong to say no to your parents, if you do not want a husband of their chosing. Islamically you have a right to choose, so you can be a little bold about it.

Insha allah khair 

tamina View Drop Down
Starter
Starter
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tamina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 October 2006 at 7:44pm

Asalaam u alikum to yous all

I want to ask yous something --- after reading all the above i want to put my issue and see if yous help me ---- recentaly someone asked my hand --- and after doing istekhara i said no to him --- my parents werent happy about the outcome --- and then that boys father past away -- which is also my cousin --- but my parents never said NO to thr family --- now my mum would ask me again to think about it again --- i dont knwo what to say --- in my dream i didnt see anything bad ---- but just his mum abit unhappy --- my parents did say just a few day back -- that Thanks to Allah swt that i said no --- other wise everyone would've said that by me entring thr house killed thr my uncle and os on ----- now i have a very good friend -- who likes me and he is a lot in to islam just like the other one --- i dont know which one to go -- with my friend one -- he has never said anything directaly but has said to my girlfriend that he is intrested -- and he always show alot of care --- but my family does not know thr family ---- i just want to ask if anyone help me and advice me of what should i do? ---- May Allah SWT rewards you all.

Wasalam!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic