IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Discussion
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Why we Die  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Why we Die

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Suleyman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 September 2006 at 2:06pm

Someone dies when he born and also someone born when he dies...Dear Israfil,where do you know that we will die? and also where do you know that we were born?...relativity is not relative when the time comes to death and live;to live breathing is not enough;to die tombs are not enough...

00:04am,Brother Suleyman,just had his degree on 1st level philosophy...

lovetabuleh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lovetabuleh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 September 2006 at 8:59pm
Originally posted by Suleyman Suleyman wrote:

Someone dies when he born and also someone born when he dies...Dear Israfil,where do you know that we will die? and also where do you know that we were born?...relativity is not relative when the time comes to death and live;to live breathing is not enough;to die tombs are not enough...

00:04am,Brother Suleyman,just had his degree on 1st level philosophy...

huh? 

well that's a philosophy not related to any critical analysis of our belief system!

death and life can't be any more realative to our lifestyle than they already are.   they're so real, it's like a jab in the face.

questions that don't make any sence don't belong in philosophy.   philosophy is an intelectual analysis of a belief systems that is not redundant or superfluous.

i hated it when ppl in my philosophy class came up with the most redundant inquiries that produce a blurred image from what is originally clear and completely unambiguous.  it's like.. ppl please get back on track! don't just spew out obtuse questions left and right, ruining the proper, intelectual mold that philosophy was built on!  really, a convoluted approach was never a way to understand a uniform idea.  

Alhamdulillah ala deen al Islam.  I never fail to realize how much of a blessing it is to be a Muslim.  otherwise, i would easily have been confused out of my wits from these lay folk and begin to wonder aimlessly about things beyond my congigence and drown in an abyss of unnessisary enigma.  

Suleyman View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Suleyman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 September 2006 at 10:47am

Dear Amalhayati,my words for the ones who has the sight to see the proper belief system backside of the words:"one is not living when lives and one is not death when he dies"... 

As an philosophy graduated sister of you,you should not ask where are the belief inside of these words,i have no time(only limited times i do enter in) to tell or write on belief system of Islam,all i can do is for reminding belief system inside of your souls with some key words as shown above.

If you rethink on these words u will realize how they symbolize complicated regular belief system...best regards.

Edited by Suleyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lovetabuleh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 September 2006 at 9:11pm

Brother Sulayman, i didn't quite understand what you posted.  are you saying that you are a philosophy graduate or you implying that I am? 

i could understand the phrase 'one is not living when he lives and he is not dead when he dies'  because our life is short and it's like we are sleeping. when we die, we wake up.  that's a metaphorical idea of life.  Prophet Muhammad (SAW) told us that.

but you did not say that phrase before, you said, "Someone dies when he born and also someone born when he dies"

this phrase doesn't add up.  it's just a jumble of words.  how can you die simultaneously as you're born?  so that was my point. 

one classmate came up to me and started asking me all these lame quesitons like- 'how do you know that this wall is white and not blue?'  'who's to decide what hurts and what doesn't if you cut yourself?'  'how can god make a circle out of a square?'   it really got me sick to listen to him.   it seemed for a moment that he had no functional brain in that head of his.  he questioned the reality of everything his eyes showed him or the rest of his senses taught him.

that's what bothered me in my philosophy class. some students take it too far and excessive while not making any sense.  if they were talking of simething feasible i'd be happy to join in the discussion.

no but your post in wisher's thread was helarious!  i couldn't stop laughing.  that was original.  :)

salaam,

Edited by amalhayati2
Suleyman View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Suleyman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 September 2006 at 10:16pm
Originally posted by amalhayati2 amalhayati2 wrote:

Brother Sulayman, i didn't quite understand what you posted.  are you saying that you are a philosophy graduate or you implying that I am? 

i could understand the phrase 'one is not living when he lives and he is not dead when he dies'  because our life is short and it's like we are sleeping. when we die, we wake up.  that's a metaphorical idea of life.  Prophet Muhammad (SAW) told us that.

but you did not say that phrase before, you said, "Someone dies when he born and also someone born when he dies"

this phrase doesn't add up.  it's just a jumble of words.  how can you die simultaneously as you're born?  so that was my point. 

one classmate came up to me and started asking me all these lame quesitons like- 'how do you know that this wall is white and not blue?'  'who's to decide what hurts and what doesn't if you cut yourself?'  'how can god make a circle out of a square?'   it really got me sick to listen to him.   it seemed for a moment that he had no functional brain in that head of his.  he questioned the reality of everything his eyes showed him or the rest of his senses taught him.

that's what bothered me in my philosophy class. some students take it too far and excessive while not making any sense.  if they were talking of simething feasible i'd be happy to join in the discussion.

no but your post in wisher's thread was helarious!  i couldn't stop laughing.  that was original.  :)

salaam,

As Salamu Alaykum Dear Amalhayati,

Yes i do sometimes make fun in the board,i am glad i gave you smile for a minute we need so much at these days...

I can understand what you are bothering about the problems you have told is the on ei have faced in my life,agreed and agreed but i have no time to explain my point...i wish you the best in your life wa salaam....

A note:i am not a philosopher but one i heard in the board that you have graduated from,may be i misunderstood....

Edited by Suleyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lovetabuleh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 September 2006 at 7:19am

I graduated with a BA in Biology, also I am a CPhT. no philosophy major, just good in it.   I took a philosophy class, Philosophy of Science.  it was intriguing and though provoking. but when they started talking about creationism, the teach never mentioned what Islam believed in relation to evolution.  so i did. and the teacher was in awe.

Salaam,

Edited by amalhayati2
fogtrik View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fogtrik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 September 2006 at 1:58pm

Hi folks.

The body is the result of nano-machines, proteins. About 20,000 of them. Go to www.wikipedia.org and look up apoptosis, theory of aging, dna error, free radical damage, etc.

All very interesting. DNA errors cause more errors. Death is a natural part of ecosystems, eat a low calorie diet and you'll live longer :)

Foggy, humbled by Force 10 and sun.

UmmTaaha View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UmmTaaha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 September 2006 at 11:47pm

In a text quite unrelated to this subject, Imam Al Ghazali (ra) pointed out people's attitudes to definitions, and I think his quote applies to this thread.

Quote He to whom the realities beneath the terms are disclosed makes the ideas primary and the terms secondary: while inferior minds make the opposite course.

Not necessarily one needs to be a phylosopher to understand the idea of death.

However to understand people and to understand that people have primarily understood you, takes more than mere phylosophy.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic