IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Discussion
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Why we Die  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Why we Die

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Megatron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 September 2006 at 12:29am

It's all about the telomeres.  Your DNA gets shortened as your cells constanly divide causing aging. 

So we have two options here:

1. Work on Genetic Therapy startegies to extend our lifespan to thousands of years.

2. Design AI equal in cognitive capacity to humans and upload our thoughts experiences etc. to a robot.

I vote for the latter, because I want a powerful robot claw in the future, I was going to go with a large laser canon, but if I have a crazy dream, I might set that thing off in the middle of the night and destroy my aparment. 

Edited by Megatron
superme View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote superme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 September 2006 at 12:16am
Originally posted by Muhammad77 Muhammad77 wrote:

On Death

Shaykh Abu Bilal Mustafa al-Kanadi

Mysteries of the Soul - Expounded

� 1994 Abul-Qasim Publishing House

Superme, the post which I posted is not of somebody's mind. It is not somebody's opinion. Do not take it as somebody's opinion. It is about what Islam talks of death. It is the truth, and that is how death shall come to every person. So read it.

I believe you brother that his writing is not a play. But the Shaykh was nobody as well before he became a shaykh then just like us. I am sure he must have some discussion in his life, and this place is the place for discussion. I am sure you have something for this topic to discuss.

Israfil View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Israfil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 September 2006 at 9:11am

Let me re-establish my other theory that I had.

Besides organisms within our body that deteriorates our body (as well as causing us to age), I believe that apart of this energy that deteriorates us comes from the soul. The soul being of pure energy (whether you consider it divine or another form of energy) power and temporally sustaining but over time deteriorates our body. The soul is thus released at the time of death and undergoes another transformation (or transcedental stage) where it is another form (in this case the soul goes to the Divine Empyrean or Hell).

UmmTaaha View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UmmTaaha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 September 2006 at 11:31pm

Death is a door which takes the ruh from this realm (the present world) into another realm (barzakh).

The answer to why do we die, returns to why are we born. The causes of birth and death are connected to the will of God. He created us from nothing, and returns us to nothing, then He gives us life once again. Between the two nothing we have a physical form, that goes about in a temporal world bound by the limits of time and space. All of this is through the will of God, which every creation abides by, weather willingly or unwillingly.

Israfil View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Israfil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 September 2006 at 9:34am
Ok, and I know that but did you understand what I said in the post above yours? Alas I keep forgetting that people here aren't into Metaphysics

Edited by Israfil
ak_m_f View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ak_m_f Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 September 2006 at 9:55am
Originally posted by Megatron Megatron wrote:

2. Design AI equal in cognitive capacity to humans and upload our thoughts experiences etc. to a robot.

I want this too, does it comes with jet pack?
lovetabuleh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lovetabuleh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 September 2006 at 11:50am
Originally posted by Israfil Israfil wrote:

Let me re-establish my other theory that I had.

Besides organisms within our body that deteriorates our body (as well as causing us to age), I believe that apart of this energy that deteriorates us comes from the soul. The soul being of pure energy (whether you consider it divine or another form of energy) power and temporally sustaining but over time deteriorates our body. The soul is thus released at the time of death and undergoes another transformation (or transcedental stage) where it is another form (in this case the soul goes to the Divine Empyrean or Hell).

The soul is from Allah.  Allah blew into us from His soul.  Therefore it is impossible to imply that the soul deteriorates or transforms.  At the time of death, like brother muhammad77 related in the article, the soul is released from the body and taken in by angels.  At the time of death our soul is just being moved from one temporary environment (dunya, or the worldly life) into another, eternal environment (al akhira).

the way it is released from the body of a believer differs from the way it is released from the body of a disbeliever.  the former is less painful than the latter.

what else are you trying to figure out about death?  it's like you're doing brain surgery here. there's nothing else to dissect!

:)

lovetabuleh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lovetabuleh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 September 2006 at 11:58am
Originally posted by Megatron Megatron wrote:

It's all about the telomeres.  Your DNA gets shortened as your cells constanly divide causing aging. 

So we have two options here:

1. Work on Genetic Therapy startegies to extend our lifespan to thousands of years.

I vote for the latter, because I want a powerful robot claw in the future, I was going to go with a large laser canon, but if I have a crazy dream, I might set that thing off in the middle of the night and destroy my aparment. 

Haha, ur too funny...

I herd about these folk who think they could challange death   click here 

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic