IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Interfaith Dialogue
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Fogtrik and Others Please see!  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Fogtrik and Others Please see!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Angela View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angela Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Fogtrik and Others Please see!
    Posted: 25 August 2006 at 6:47am
I had left work when you posted this.  You've been added.  Thanks for your care in explaining about Aisha.
ABK_Ms View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ABK_Ms Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 August 2006 at 3:53pm

Originally posted by ABK_Ms ABK_Ms wrote:

Originally posted by Angela Angela wrote:

Dont want to have a debat? Ok! Polygamy is a separate issue. We were talking about marriage of a nine years old girl. Which was for everyone. i tell u traditional historians have contradictions in their says. If you read taqreeb e tehzeeb you will see that historians say Aisha was 19 years old when she got married. Many are of the view that she was in her teenages. So dont stick to just one view point. However, I have told u the facts. Now it is up to u to decide whether it satisfies u or not. But dear dont say you can surmise. Put your foot in the shoe of the sufferer and then proclaim what u have said:)

ABK_Ms View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ABK_Ms Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 August 2006 at 3:23pm

If you are online can you come and meet me live? My MSN messenger add is [email protected] and yahoo messengers is [email protected].

We can have a live debate on it. See if you want to dig out reality come live.

Angela View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angela Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 August 2006 at 3:10pm

Its still hard to comprehend.  Even trying to understand the differences in time periods and cultures.  I look at children and see children, not little adults.  I guess its just a 21st Century mindset.  And perhaps that is why Muhammed (pbuh) was lead to take Aisha as his wife.  As a test of belief for others. 

Some say that is why my Prophet Joseph was commanded to take a second wife and restore the practice of plural marriage to Christianity.

ABK_Ms View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ABK_Ms Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 August 2006 at 2:59pm

Disciples of Christ were Alcohol addicts:) But I am not defending Freud. Christian wife turning to Islam is the complete story.:) Still today marrying christian women is allowed in Islam. I think that mother of the Muslims was very lucky to have Prophet Muhammad (May peace be on him forever).

Most of the scholars and philosophers are addicted to one or the other thing. I am addicted to ask. Are you now clear about Aisha's marriage with the Prophet Muhammad?

Angela View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angela Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 August 2006 at 2:52pm

Don't forget the Christian wife! 

I don't subscribe to Freud.  He was a cocaine addict.  His work on the hysteria of women would have us all believe that its the norm for women to be abused by their fathers. 

ABK_Ms View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ABK_Ms Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 August 2006 at 2:33pm

Good! Now this is a topic! How a mindset develops? Would you like to have a Freud perspective or that of a Muslim? Ecosystem both ways plays a pivotal role. Go back to an age 1500 years ago. Imagine deserts of Arabia, slaughter of newly born daughters, woman being used as a tool to please sexual desires and then to be striped like beasts of burden even if they collide a tribesman. Sex, intoxication, idol worship and bloodshed being the order of the day; Conceive the status of humanity when this Man born to uplift humanity.

Dont forget you are not living in 21st century in a developed nation. Knowing Human rights, Mindset development, Freedom everything. You are in an age where every parent was too worried about the future of his daughter to kill her to death or to give her a few years life so that she may be thrown in the abyss of disgust and disgrace. "Mindsets were like this dear"

If at that time a person rose to give life of respect and grace to women people accuse him? They think this man of greatest honor crippled mindsets? I know that Abu Bakr and the prophet (P.B.U.H) were friends but the traditional mentalities take time to vanish and the age was not suitable for any virgin to be unmarried for a longer period of time as it was misconceived by majority. I ask you one thing if you were the parent of a girl at a time like this and in a culture like this what you had done? Another thing about mental state. There is one world of a difference between rape/illicit intercourse/and marriage. Out of 13 marriages Holy prophet had 8 widows or helpless newly reverted Muslims. Having that in view it is logically proveable that this marriage was also for some reason. And about having sex. Please dont read anti islamic propaganda they dont know what they are doing to themselves. Only the DAY OF JUDGEMENT will judge that!

Angela View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angela Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 August 2006 at 1:42pm

No, I'm not disputing the physical aspect of maturing that early.  I was only 11.  My friend in elementary school was in the second grade.  But, being physically able to bear children does not make you developmentally ready to take on the responsibility of sex.

My difficulty does not come from the physical but the mental.  I worked with victims of sex abuse.  I can tell you, a 9 year old that has had sex with an older man does not blossom. 

I'm not saying Muhammed (pbuh) did not love his wife and treat her well.  But, It just makes more sense to me that a man of his bearing would have taken a wife both physically and mentally ready for the responsibilities of marriage. 

Its a hard pill to swallow from someone who's seen children destroyed by sex.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic