IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Culture & Community > Groups : Women (Sisters)
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - How To Help Show The Way?  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

How To Help Show The Way?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
~~~D~~~ View Drop Down
Starter
Starter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ~~~D~~~ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 August 2006 at 10:04pm

Salaamu Alaykum

righteous_4ever

Your right I guess all I can do is give her time and pray for her and hope that one day she'll find her way�

~~~Thank you very much for writing back ~~~

righteous_4ever View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote righteous_4ever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 August 2006 at 8:59am
Ummm....One should feel comfortable when wearing a hijab and confidence in themselves. The best advice I can give to you is that give her time and pray for her. I go to an American school too, and my sister and I are the only Muslims there. I feel quite comfortable wearing the hijab, and feel confidence in myself. Not to mention, I feel unique. Will this help?
Hadia
~~~D~~~ View Drop Down
Starter
Starter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ~~~D~~~ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 August 2006 at 12:17am

Salaamu Alaykum

herjihad

I didn't push her or try to make her ,Because I    know you can't fours some one to do some thing they don't want. She prays, fast and read the Quran the only thing she doesn't do is cover.

righteous_4ever

Do you wear hijab? If you, it'll put a good impression on her.

Yes I do wear but the thing is we are not in school together and she goes to an American school so none of

them cover there and i'm the only one out of her friends that cover.

Some times we talk about it and i feel she wants to cover but then she thinks of school and changes her mind .

~~~~~Thank You For Writting ~~~~~

righteous_4ever View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote righteous_4ever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 August 2006 at 9:19pm

Salam Alaykum

I got inflenced by my friends to wear hijab. Do you wear hijab? If you, it'll put a good impression on her. Dont rush into things, let her understand. You could bring up some hadiths or ayats from the Quran, randomly in your conversation with her. I hope this help, Inshallah.

Salam

Hadia
herjihad View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote herjihad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 August 2006 at 6:47pm
Originally posted by ~~~D~~~ ~~~D~~~ wrote:

Slam 

Sisters

I have this 16 year old Muslim friend she from palisten but she always says she is Australian because she live there so she acts like if she were one of them. Just recently we convents her to pray and she does a every day but, every time I bring up the topic on covering she change the subject .

*How do I do show her the right way?

I try to but she wouldn�t let me finish or even talk about it. If I stared talking about it she would say �Can we change the subject�

Sisters can any one sagest a way to get through to her??

I would be thankful,   

Bismillah,

I am concerned that now that you have "convinced" her to pray that she may decrease or stop if you push her too much on a subject she asks you to not to talk about.

Why don't you emphasize prayer, fasting and Quran for now?

Salaamu Alaykum

Al-Hamdulillah (From a Married Muslimah) La Howla Wa La Quwata Illa BiLLah - There is no Effort or Power except with Allah's Will.
~~~D~~~ View Drop Down
Starter
Starter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ~~~D~~~ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 August 2006 at 12:28pm

Slam 

Sisters

I have this 16 year old Muslim friend she from palisten but she always says she is Australian because she live there so she acts like if she were one of them. Just recently we convents her to pray and she does a every day but, every time I bring up the topic on covering she change the subject .

*How do I do show her the right way?

I try to but she wouldn�t let me finish or even talk about it. If I stared talking about it she would say �Can we change the subject�

Sisters can any one sagest a way to get through to her??

I would be thankful,   

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic