IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Discussion
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Muslim President of the USA  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Muslim President of the USA

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ginghis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Muslim President of the USA
    Posted: 19 August 2006 at 10:25am

An excercise in the hypothetical.

What kind of conflicts and inner pressures would be placed on a Muslim if elected president of the USA?

Would that Muslim be forced to seek changes to the US constitution?

Could that Muslim president lead and govern equality to all people in this diverse nation?

KashifAsrar View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KashifAsrar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 August 2006 at 1:05am

Come out Dear!!

DAY DREAMING IS SUICIDAL !!!!

herjihad View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote herjihad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 August 2006 at 6:38am
Originally posted by Ginghis Ginghis wrote:

What kind of conflicts and inner pressures would be placed on a Muslim if elected president of the USA?

Could that Muslim president lead and govern equality to all people in this diverse nation?

Bismillah,

As the first Muslim, Woman President I would ingeniously find a way to end all wars on earth that America dabbles in, leading our diverse nation to  the best peace possible until my assasination by the war mongers who could not be contained due to their unlimited greed and power.

And I would put a laughing/smiley face, but I mean this in all seriousness. 

Well, okay, then.

Salaamu Alaykum

Edited by herjihad
Al-Hamdulillah (From a Married Muslimah) La Howla Wa La Quwata Illa BiLLah - There is no Effort or Power except with Allah's Will.
ak_m_f View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ak_m_f Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 August 2006 at 9:02am
Originally posted by Ginghis Ginghis wrote:

Could that Muslim president lead and govern�equality to�all people in this diverse nation?

you mean someone like Salman rushdie or Irshad manji?
Ginghis View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ginghis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 August 2006 at 2:00pm

I work in an environment that has become increasingly hostile to Muslims. My questions above reflect ignorant comments of sheltered people, so I am asking for myself.

Hanan View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hanan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 August 2006 at 3:02pm

Edited by Hanan
Whisper View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whisper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 August 2006 at 3:19pm

If you were President would you be able to withstand the temptations of corruption? How would you deal with lobbyists? Would you put Bush and his gang on trial for crimes committed? Would you encourage the formation of other political parties?

Hamsheereh, knowing Hejihad, I can tell you, she will. She is more Afghan than even some I know.

Whisper View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whisper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 August 2006 at 4:16pm

How would you deal with the Palestine and Lebanon issues? Would you fulfill the promises made to the citizens of Afghanistan? Would you ask the Lebanon government to negotiate the integration of Hezbollah military into the Lebanese military as a special unit, such as the Navy Seals, the Special Forces or the Marine Corps? Would you remove US troops from Iraq? Would you stop arms shipments to Israel? Would you stop arms shipments to any country?

No problem, SNN (Sasha Nephews & Nieces Inc) will deal with these problems, as Special Consultants to the new seat of government that she choses decides - we all know that the White House will have to be locked up, for long term fumigation after this lot is kicked out, preferably, with Dick and Donald left in it.

Okay, now on a serious note: Palestine is kept merely as a recipe of contention, prescribed in some old colonial handbooks the US sems to have borrowed from their English speaking cousins from the other side of the Atlantic. It's being used as a step in the Mid East door - our outpost in that region!

Today, we have come to know that conventional defence systems don't really ever work. We have been funding mega defence spending just to invoice our poor taxpayer with the luxuries and private jet fleets of our very exclusive Bomb Makers & Co.

Most sane Americans (I knew, that will make a few around this place gigle) have begun to now understand this part of the scam, specially, after 9 / 11 if not any earlier. Many Americans, I know, have started to question the logic of keeping Israel and the Arab world in a constant state of tension - at such consequential cost.

Today, since Iraq and specially in these past few weeks, Americans have begun to realise that the technology god doesn't always deliver.

Lebanon has been a strange affair, it will plunge the world into WW III or force the Americans into doing the right thing after all, by now, they have tried all their wrong options. I feel, they would now begin to negotiate with the rest of the world instead of throwing their weight around like some street thugs.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic