IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Discussion
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Muslim President of the USA  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Muslim President of the USA

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Israfil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 August 2006 at 4:46pm

It's nice to dream but dreaming is deadly!

Before we can have a Muslim President I think our stereotypical beliefs must be evaporated. I however don't think there would be a Muslim president of the U.S for years to come. I say there would be a white Catholic-or Protestant woman before a Muslim man or woman.

Angel View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 August 2006 at 6:20am
Originally posted by herjihad herjihad wrote:

Bismillah,

As the first Muslim, Woman President

You do realise that being President also requires the position of power

and I thought you don't like power as it corrupts you

~ Our feet are earthbound, but our hearts and our minds have wings ~
Ginghis View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ginghis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 August 2006 at 6:41am

In a recent morning "water cooler" conversation between myself and 3 very conservative males, during the height of the current Lebanon conflict, the tone went like this;

(I will paraphrase to the essence)

Those people (Muslims) won't ever stop until the whole world is under Islamic control.

If a Muslim ever became president we would all be second class citizens and the constitution would have to change because it is not based on Sharia Law.

This is a religious conflict.

They (Muslims) hate all Americans even those that live here. Islam can flourish in our democracy but our democracy could not flourish under Islam.

Because Muslims don't seperate "church from state" it would drive them crazy to govern a country that tolerated gays, and freedom of religion, and freedom of speech, and equal rights for women ...etc..

The conversation ended with bravado and joking solutions of "nuking the ME back to the stone age"...."Get it over with because we will reach that point sooner or later"....... It they develope a nuke they will use it on us..... They (Muslims) have to destroy western thought"...

These kind of conversations are common recently. All of these guys voted for George Bush and are looking to replace him with an even "tougher" president.

So I ask what would happen to me and the America I know if a Muslin was president?

Edited by Ginghis
herjihad View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote herjihad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 August 2006 at 7:53am
Originally posted by Ginghis Ginghis wrote:

In a recent morning "water cooler" conversation between myself and 3 very conservative males, during the height of the current Lebanon conflict, the tone went like this;

(I will paraphrase to the essence)

Those people (Muslims) won't ever stop until the whole world is under Islamic control.

If a Muslim ever became president we would all be second class citizens and the constitution would have to change because it is not based on Sharia Law.

This is a religious conflict.

They (Muslims) hate all Americans even those that live here. Islam can flourish in our democracy but our democracy could not flourish under Islam.

Because Muslims don't seperate "church from state" it would drive them crazy to govern a country that tolerated gays, and freedom of religion, and freedom of speech, and equal rights for women ...etc..

The conversation ended with bravado and joking solutions of "nuking the ME back to the stone age"...."Get it over with because we will reach that point sooner or later"....... It they develope a nuke they will use it on us..... They (Muslims) have to destroy western thought"...

These kind of conversations are common recently. All of these guys voted for George Bush and are looking to replace him with an even "tougher" president.

So I ask what would happen to me and the America I know if a Muslin was president?

Bismillah,

Was my dad there by any chance?

Take charge of the conversation!  You have the power!

Seriously, though, you could provide information and viewpoints to them that they have never seen or reflected upon before that would change their outlook.  And you will have done a great thing.  Allah, SWT, bless your efforts. 

Salaamu Alaykum

Edited by herjihad
Al-Hamdulillah (From a Married Muslimah) La Howla Wa La Quwata Illa BiLLah - There is no Effort or Power except with Allah's Will.
herjihad View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote herjihad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 August 2006 at 7:55am
Originally posted by Hanan Hanan wrote:

Assalamu Aleikum

Herjihad wrote: As the first Muslim, Woman President I would ingeniously find a way to end all wars on earth that America dabbles in, leading our diverse nation to the best peace possible until my assasination by the war mongers who could not be contained due to their unlimited greed and power. And I would put a laughing/smiley face, but I mean this in all seriousness.

Sister, I would like to ask you a few serious questions.

If you were President would you be able to withstand the temptations of corruption? How would you deal with lobbyists? Would you put Bush and his gang on trial for crimes committed? Would you encourage the formation of other political parties?

How would you deal with the Palestine and Lebanon issues? Would you fulfill the promises made to the citizens of Afghanistan? Would you ask the Lebanon government to negotiate the integration of Hezbollah military into the Lebanese military as a special unit, such as the Navy Seals, the Special Forces or the Marine Corps? Would you remove US troops from Iraq? Would you stop arms shipments to Israel? Would you stop arms shipments to any country?

In the interest of fairness and by-partisanship, I would like suggest the following persons:

Tony Snow: Personal Attendant to Helen Thomas (put a soft pillow on her press room chair, remove her shoes to put on slippers, etc.)

Ann Coulter: Mobile White House Lawn Ornament (scare intruders away, fire alarm siren, distraction device to allow you to escape to a secret location in case of assassination attempt, etc.)

I hereby apply for the position of �Special Prosecutor of Neo-Cons and Others Who Violated the Rights and Freedom of American Citizens and the World.�

Think about it. You still have a few years to plan it all out.

Waasalam

Bismillah,

Pardon the non-response as I need to consult with my press secretary, but he is indisposed somewhere between Kandahar and Madrid.  However, I officially accept and endorse his comment on my non-corruptability.

Salaamu Alaykum

Edited by herjihad
Al-Hamdulillah (From a Married Muslimah) La Howla Wa La Quwata Illa BiLLah - There is no Effort or Power except with Allah's Will.
Ginghis View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ginghis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 August 2006 at 9:10am

Wow, thats gotta be rough if your Dad feels like that.

Yeah Herjihad, I am often able to shut down the ugliness with just a few words about prejudice and stereotyping, but it only pushes the conversations out of earshot. I know they think I'm nuts and weak for wanting to hear all sides. These are manly men and duking it out is the only solution. I was hoping to shed some light and raise the level of conversation with a Muslim response to their conjecture and accuasations.

It amazes me when people drive straight ahead and do not consider anyone elses point of view. They are action heros and the rest of us are left to react. I have learned to accept that this type of attitude exists abundantly, and there is not much I can do to change it. They think of my concensus building as an invitation to chaos and too many concessions. It also means compromise, and few find compromise easy, especially if their stick is bigger than yours.

Why does how we worship divide us?... darn, I'm just glad you worship. It means you have some guiding principles that are bigger than our human issues. If I noticed that your prayer rug was tattered and worn and you could not afford one, I would buy it for you and be overjoyed if you liked my gift.

Muslims are "mad as hell and they are not going to take it anymore", Americans are "mad as hell and they arn't going to take it anymore", Israelies are as "mad as hell and they arn't going to take it any more".

This is a great formula for our planet.

Edited by Ginghis
Angela View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angela Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 August 2006 at 12:28pm

Ginghis,

I agree, the formula is what's getting us in trouble.  No one knows how to turn the other cheek anymore.  And if you talk about peaceful resolution, people stare at you blankly.  But, supposedly it will only get worse. 

I would vote for a Muslim president.  The US has a system of Checks and balances, the President really has little power without the other branches.  The current problem is all the branches are controlled by the same group. 

Mitt Romney is thinking of running for President.  I wonder if his snowball has a bigger chance????

ak_m_f View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ak_m_f Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 August 2006 at 12:41pm
Before muslim president, we have too see black president
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic