IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Culture & Community > Groups : Women (Sisters)
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - "Prostitution behind the veil"  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

"Prostitution behind the veil"

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote firewall Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2005 at 10:52pm
if i do a biased documentary on raped, beaten, turtored, prostituted & murdered women in America, I could make America look like a place where women are evilly oppressed too.

a lot of times, when foreign news reported my own country (in SEA), they are sometimes biased too, which left me irked. just bcoz some of the people say negative things, doesn't mean most of us think that way. most people are still positive, yet the minorities gets to go on TV & there you have it -- a biased news.

Edited by firewall
Azadeh View Drop Down
Starter
Starter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Azadeh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2005 at 11:05pm

I thought it's mostly rigged in the States!

of course I'd go back and live there!

How do you know Iran needs more khatamis? 

umsami View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote umsami Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2005 at 4:28am

A great book on Iran and the Iranian revolution is "Persepolis" by Marjane Satrapi. 

Prostitution is a sad fact of life in 99% of all countries.. .Muslim and non-Muslim.  Women who are uneducated... and/or in a country where women are not welcome in the workforce (seen as taking jobs away from men)... often have nothing else to resort to but selling their bodies.  In countries like Iran, Iraq, and Afghanistan... with many war widows... this is a sad reality for many.  It hurts us more as Muslimahs because we know of the internal struggle these women must go through... knowing what they know.  Do I commit zina or do I let my children starve?? Sadly, that is the choice for many.  I have to admit that yes...if that was my choice... I would commit zina.  Period.  And I would do everything in my power to make sure that my daughters had an education so that they would never have to resort to what their Mom did.  I can have sympathy for the women... for the men who patronize these women, I have no sympathy.

All I can say is that I know Allah(swt) is the Most Merciful, the Most Gracious.  I know Allah(swt) is the Most Just.  May Allah(swt) show mercy on these women and help them find a halal way to earn money. 

Peace.

herjihad View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote herjihad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2005 at 11:15am

Bismillah,

Women are ill-used in America and the rest of the world, as you say.  That is why we need women leaders to advocate for our needs and the needs of our children and maybe the rest of the family too. (Small businesses for good employment options?)

Let's stand beside the abused in any way we can and Allah, SWT, will bless us! 

Blame the buyer not the seller.  Good point, UmSami.  (Oh, yeah.  The man goes home safely, and the poor woman gets pregnant and in more trouble.)

(UmSami, I guess I don't like my kids as much as you to do that for them!  But since I'm not in that situation, Al-Hamdulilah, I don't like to be arrogant and make assertions for would-be situations.)

Al-Hamdulillah (From a Married Muslimah) La Howla Wa La Quwata Illa BiLLah - There is no Effort or Power except with Allah's Will.
Brother123 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brother123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2005 at 12:07pm

[Moderator Edited]

Lies and insults will not be tolerated on this forum, read the forum Guidlines beffore posting.Rami.

Edited by rami
firewall View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote firewall Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2005 at 5:57pm

please, please don't say u rather commit zina.
that's bargaining heaven for a very, very cheap price.
it's not worth it.

Edited by firewall
umsami View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote umsami Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2005 at 6:36pm

Assalamu Alaikum Firewall:

I guess you've never seen somebody starve to death.  It's not a pretty site at all.  I could not bare to see any of my children starve.  Period.  I would do what was necessary to keep them alive.  Alhamduillilah, I am not in that situation... nor am I without education or the ability to work.  Alhamdullilah.  Not everybody is so lucky.  That's the point of the discussion.

Humanitarian organizations are great... but unfortunately, their reach is very narrow.  In some areas, they are forced to deal with unscrupulous people who restrict access to the aid.  Muslims are supposed to help other Muslims... and Alhamdullilah, some do.  Still, others eat feasts while their neighbors are starving.  Is it what a good Muslim would do?? NO, but it happens all too frequently.

Brother123... you're very misinformed on a lot of issues.  Are you only 5 or 6 years old... or are you so ignorant that you believe everything you read on the Internet and see on TV??  You shouldn't be insulting our Shi'a Muslim Brothers and Sisters... You shouldn't be insulting people of the Book... of whom whose morals you know nothing about.  You can't make generalized statements like that, because reality is that they do not apply.  Just as All Muslims are Not Terrorists.  Grow up.

Oh, and I've read St. Augustine...and there is nothing about priests allowing prostitution.

Peace.

Edited by umsami
firewall View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote firewall Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2005 at 8:43pm
Originally posted by umsami umsami wrote:

Assalamu Alaikum Firewall: I guess you've never seen somebody starve to death.

I learn we just have to trust Allah...

Edited by firewall
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
  Share Topic