IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Interfaith Dialogue
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - creation never happened!  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

creation never happened!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 25>
Author
Senior  Member

Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whisper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 August 2006 at 7:53am

"E tu Bruto" It, in fact, means: "You too my son"?

I can't say that to you peacemaker you are far ahead of me in spiritual knowledge and in matters of the Deen.

My friend, responding to anything that happened merely as a FogTrick is a bit sad. You know what fog means, but if you are not aware of what trick stands for then, please, PM me and I will tell you in confidence. 

Brother, in reading your post I see that you think it's worth your time to allow atheists and Islaam bashers to come to this site making anti-Islaamic declarations for the purpose of your providing refutation of their grossly mistaken ideas.

I suggest that you form another posting section specifically for this activity.  Possibly:  Atheists and Anti-Muslims section.

Dukhtar'em, I would say possibly the "distorted and a bit off Life" section.

But, being a little charitable, we must keep such chaps busy somewhere. Life can be extremely lonely in the US and we do have a whole lot of disturbed folks about. We all know th epoor chap is reeking of an attention seek.

Why not keep him engaged lest he boils and eats a few of his neighbours, the great scientist!

lovetabuleh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lovetabuleh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 August 2006 at 7:55am

Originally posted by Cyril Cyril wrote:

Peacemaker

Your quote: "..."

Nice contradiction: the Quran is not a book of science but it is supposed to have a lot of science in it.

Some of the "scientific" facts in the Quran are not supported by modern science but rather by mythological thinking.
For example man created from clay, or the fact that heaven and earth can talk.

Please Peacemaker, don't confuse the one who is already confused!  The quran is a book of science, it is a book of Law, it is a book of everything.  Everything big and small is mentioned in it.

Cyril- you say that there's no evidence in science that man was made from clay??  hmmm i think you need to put your nose back in your evolutionary science book and read the chapter about the History of Life. look up what scientists found to be an integral ingrediant of the �Prebiotic Soup� the earth was composed of billions of years ago that brought forth living biological organisms onto earth.   IT WAS CLAY. 

Scientists including Charles Darwin create a lasting image of life arising in an aqueous environment with in high concentrations of biological building blocks�the famous �prebiotic soup�. (before biological organisms)   It includes a mixture of many inorganic substances with two of the most important ingredients: water and clay mineral.

In the lab, scientists (James Ferris and his colleagues) prepared a simple replication of the prebiotic soup and found that a common clay mineral acts as a catalyst to build up of nucleotides to form chains of polynucleotides, which is the foundation of biological organisms.  This is called, Assembly of Biological Polymers.  And it began with a mix of inorganic substances one of which is minerals in clay and water.  From this mix, life arose through stages.

(source of info: Evolutionary Analysis 2nd ED ch.4)

"...and We (God) made, from water, every living thing" (21:30)

"We (God) have created man from a Clay" (23:12)

"And He (God) created you in stages (or phases) "(71:14)

and there's your proof!  so don't think you're all smart and say something totally ignorant about science!!  But hey, you still deny? You don�t want to take these signs of the veracity of the Quran in?  then whatever proof we give you, you will still not see.

Say, "Look at all the signs in the heavens and the earth." All the proofs and all the warnings can never help people who decided to disbelieve (10:101).

Whisper View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whisper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 August 2006 at 7:57am

Sorrypeacemaker yaar why should you bother if he insists that he was born of the monkies?

He does seem to behave like his ancestors.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lovetabuleh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 August 2006 at 8:04am
Originally posted by Whisper Whisper wrote:

I can't say that to you peacemaker you are far ahead of me in spiritual knowledge and in matters of the Deen.

My friend, responding to anything that happened merely as a FogTrick is a bit sad. You know what fog means, but if you are not aware of what trick stands for then, please, PM me and I will tell you in confidence. 

what the heck is a fogtrick?

Angel View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 August 2006 at 8:18am
Originally posted by amalhayati2 amalhayati2 wrote:

didn't read the words to PM whisper, if ya wanted to know in bold brown letters  

~ Our feet are earthbound, but our hearts and our minds have wings ~

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lovetabuleh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 August 2006 at 8:23am
Originally posted by Angel Angel wrote:

Originally posted by amalhayati2 amalhayati2 wrote:

didn't read the words to PM whisper, if ya wanted to know in bold brown letters  

is it that much of a secret?  what could it possibly imply that we haven't already openly implied about the ludicrousness in this dude's accusations? 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lovetabuleh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 August 2006 at 8:34am

I think this is a great spot to show y'all this one poem I wrote a while back in high school... 

we had to replicate a famous poem while useing our own words.  like produceing a parody.

the structure of the following poem I wrote was taken from "Lines Written in Early Spring" by William Wordsworth.

I heard a thousand theory notes

While in a forest I sat reclined.

In that ruminating mood

Where pleasant thoughts

Bring sad thoughts to the mind

To his fair creation did the Al-Mighty link

The human brain to think wisely instead of funky

And much it grieved my heart to think

What man has made of monkey

�We�ve evolved from arboreal germination!�

Through testing and comparing they conceive.

Though �tis my faith that we are all God�s creation

And the first persons on earth were Adam and Eve.

The birds around me sing and chirp

The apes swing high and low.

And then those men claim by usurp

That from these creatures we did grow.

If this belief from heaven be sent

If logic is the key

Have I not reason to lament

What man has made of monkey?

fogtrik View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fogtrik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 August 2006 at 10:41am

I like the idea that muslims interprute the Qur'an with an open scientific mind. So evoution works with the scriptures? 

Its really good that you can accept that reality that life on earth 600 million years ago was limited to only 4 phyla, then 543 million years ago the eye evolved, and an explosion of evolution produced the 38 phyla that we see today.

I've watched the Islam channel, a show called "Allah's Artistry". It shows footage of organisms from the plant and animal world. The show calls it the work of Allah, when its actually the results of co-evolution. Maybe you can see it in the light that Allah wanted the world to work together?

Humans and modern primates have a common ansector about 30 million years ago, Mitochondrial DNA mutations and pseudogenes prove this. Life didn't need Allah to exist because animo acids exist in space and might possibly be a strange attractor in chaos theory. I'll spare you on the finer points of how Chaos Theory fits into the emergant of life.

If you can interprute the Qur'an to justify that evolution happened with the help of Allah then this is more realistic of reality. (but I hate intelligent design, a designer is not needed). I'm happy with that.

Unlike in the States where fundamental Christians are taking the Bibile word for word. Its only a book, just as the Qur'an is only a book.  

I'm a true none believer and always will be, however I recently find myself reading more of the Qur'an and trying to understand the average Muslim.

I don't like how the Qur'an and islamic faith separates none believers from yourselves. Why separate Islam from the rest of the world? the world needs to work together!

Jesus seems to have interesting ideas on slavery. 

From the Bible:

*Whoever is captured will be thrust through; all who are caught will fall by the sword. Their infants will be dashed to pieces before their eyes; their houses will be looted and their wives ravished.* - The Bible - Isaiah 13:16

From the Qur'an:

*The punishment of those who wage war against Allah and His apostle and strive to make mischief in the land is only this, that they should be murdered or crucified or their hands and their feet should be cut off on opposite sides or they should be imprisoned; this shall be as a disgrace for them in this world, and in the hereafter they shall have a grievous chastisement.* - The Qur'an 5:33

These are the 2 very popular ones. In both books there is so much "sickness", "sexuality" and "violence" in it, cannot be the word of God. God wouldn't want you to kill me for posting discussion, or try to get you to believe in a different god, which is probably the same thing anyway! You god, theird god, its all the same to me.

Help me out here?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 25>
  Share Topic