IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Politics > Current Events
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Please take ACTION  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Please take ACTION

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hanan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Please take ACTION
    Posted: 10 August 2006 at 5:22pm

Beck presented segment mocking Egyptian students' names

On the August 9 edition of his CNN Headline News program, host Glenn Beck aired a mock news segment or commercial -- it's not exactly clear which -- asking for help "if you've seen any of the following Egyptian students missing since July 29."

The segment mocked the names of the missing Egyptians and added that one "may have shaved his mustache since this photo was taken," another "may answer to the nickname Sparky," and another "may or may not be accompanied by his camel."

The segment showed pictures of crowds and pointed to random, unidentifiable people as the missing Egyptians. It ended with a reading of the names in quick succession followed by the announcer pretending to gag as he struggled to pronounce the names, and the announcer saying: "If you know the whereabouts of these men, please call the FBI immediately. If you know how to correctly pronounce their names, well, call us."

As Media Matters for America has noted, Beck has used mock commercials to make fun of Mexican immigrants.

From the August 9 edition of CNN Headline News' Glenn Beck:

BECK: Now, while everybody -- nobody really seems to be too concerned about the eight missing Egyptians, we are. And we'd like to do everything we can to find them. And I think our efforts are already paying off.

[begin video clip]

ANNOUNCER: The FBI wants to know if you've seen any of the following Egyptian students missing since July 29. El Sayed Ahmed Elsayed Ibrahim, age 20. Ibrahim may have shaved his mustache since this photo was taken.

Ahmed Mohamed Mohamed Abou El Ela, age 21. May also be going by the name Ahmed Mohamed Mohamed Mohamed Abou El Ela.

Moustafa Wagdy Moustafa El Gafary, age 18. El Gafary may also answer to the nickname Sparky.

Mohamed Ragab Mohamed Abd Alla, age 22. Abd Alla may or may not be accompanied by his camel.

Here are the rest: Mohamed Ibrahim Elsayed El Moghazy, Ahmed Refaat Saad El Moghazi El Laket, Ebrahim Mabrouk Moustafa Abdou, Mohamed Saleh Ahmed Maray, Eslam Ibrahim Mohamed El Dessouki, Alaa Abd El Fattah Ali El Bahnasawi, and Mohamed Ibrahim Fouaad El Shenawy.

If you know the whereabouts of these men, please call the FBI immediately. If you know how to correctly pronounce their names, well, call us. Media Matters http://mediamatters.org/items/200608100003

Beck has a warning for Muslims "who have sat on [their] frickin' hands" and have not "lin[ed] up to shoot the bad Muslims in the head"

On the August 10 broadcast of his nationally syndicated radio program, Glenn Beck warned that "[t]he world is on the brink of World War III" and that "Muslims who have sat on your frickin' hands the whole time and have not been marching in the streets" will face dire consequences.

Beck made his comments toward Muslims who he claimed "have not been saying, 'Hey, you know what? There are good Muslims and bad Muslims. We need to be the first ones in the recruitment office lining up to shoot the bad Muslims in the head.' "

He predicted that the result will be that "[h]uman beings are not strong enough, unfortunately, to restrain themselves from putting up razor wire and putting you on one side of it," adding that "when people become hungry, when people see that their way of life is on the edge of being over, they will put razor wire up and just based on the way you look or just based on your religion, they will round you up."

He concluded: "Is that wrong? Oh my gosh, it is Nazi, World War II wrong, but society has proved it time and time again: It will happen."

From the August 10 broadcast of Premiere Radio Networks' The Glenn Beck Program:

BECK: And again, and I told you before we ever went into Iraq we're not going in there for weapons of mass destruction. That's important and that's great and everything else. We're going in there because Iran is the root of all evil over there. Iran is the root of all of the problems over there. And that's why we were going in. Well, Iran knows that, and now that we are really deep in the battle -- and everybody else might think -- I mean, all these just imbeciles who are, "What are we doing over in Iraq?" Read. For the love of Pete, read. Open your eyes.

The world is on the brink of World War III. That's what we're doing over in Iraq. Now I'm not saying that we're in the best position in Iraq, I'm not saying I agree with necessarily the way we fought it in Iraq, but that's what we're doing in Iraq.

And, we gotta stop -- I'm telling you, soon the time will come when they will drop 10 planes into the drink, and if what I said is true, and I hope it's not, what I said is true that Iran may not be stalling for time for the nuke. Iran may be ready to play their endgame. If that is indeed is true, when you see somebody drop 10 planes into the Atlantic, Iran is going to make its move. At the time Iran makes its move, they are going to move right through Iraq and they are going to move all the way to Israel. And the whole Middle East is going to be on fire.

And when that happens, the terrorists are going to bomb the oil fields. When that happens, when you see 10 planes go into the Atlantic Ocean, and if Iran is ready, that's when they're going to make their move in the Middle East and that's the same time within two days that's when Venezuela will shut the oil down over here.

And I'm telling you it's coming. And at that point, you know what happens? All you Muslims who have sat on your frickin' hands the whole time and have not been marching in the streets and have not been saying, "Hey, you know what? There are good Muslims and bad Muslims. We need to be the first ones in the recruitment office lining up to shoot the bad Muslims in the head." I'm telling you, with God as my witness, America is -- no I'm not going to make this an American thing -- human beings are not strong enough, unfortunately, to restrain themselves from putting up razor wire and putting you on one side of it.

When things -- when people become hungry, when people see that their way of life is on the edge of being over, they will put razor wire up and just based on the way you look or just based on your religion, they will round you up. Is that wrong? Oh my gosh, it is Nazi, World War II wrong, but society has proved it time and time again: It will happen.

The time to solve these things is when there's somewhat reasonable people engaged. But once you cut our oil supply off, once you set the Middle East on fire, and once you drop 10 planes into the Atlantic Ocean, the razor wire is coming. And our whole world looks different. Media Matters http://mediamatters.org/items/200608100016

Hanan View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hanan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 August 2006 at 5:56pm

Randi Rhodes tells Larry King to check Media Matters for audio of Boortz's anti-Muslim remarks -- as Boortz continues making them

On the August 9 edition of CNN's Larry King Live, Air America's Randi Rhodes accused nationally syndicated radio host Neal Boortz of making slanderous statements against Muslims, and she urged King, his producers, and viewers to "go to www.mediamatters.org and look up what Neal Boortz has said."

Rhodes accused Boortz of calling "every Muslim a raghead" and said that he "called Muhammad, who is their prophet, a raghead" and a "phony." Boortz denied Rhodes' accusations, stating, "If Randi can come up with an instance where I called all Muslims ragheads, I have a $5,000 donation to Air America."

Boortz continued smearing Muslims on the August 10 broadcast of Cox Radio Syndication's The Neal Boortz Show, during which he stated, "It is perfectly safe to say all terrorists are Muslims. All of them. If it was not for the religion of Islam, this world would be a much, much, much more peaceful place today. If it were not for the religion of Islam, there would be many thousands, maybe tens, maybe hundreds of thousands of people alive today living peaceful, happy, and fulfilled lives than there are. Agony, misery, death is occurring all over this world, brought to us by the wonderful, peaceful religion of Islam."

Although Media Matters for America has not documented Boortz using the specific term "raghead," on the July 19 edition of his radio program, he called the prophet Muhammad "a phony rag-picker" and stated that Islam is "a religion of vicious, violent, bloodthirsty cretins."

On the August 4, 2004, edition of his radio program, Boortz mocked Shahada (the Islamic creed), which reads, "There is no true God but God, and Muhammad is the messenger of God." Boortz then stated, "Say that with conviction, folks, and the next thing you know, you're strapping on a suicide bomb." During the same broadcast, Boortz read from a book titled A Brief Illustrated Guide to Understanding Islam. Boortz read a list of topic headings -- "It goes into things like the universe, and the cosmos, and how wind moves clouds" -- before making his point: "I'm looking for the part in here where it tells them to go out and kill people who aren't Muslims. And then I don't see it." Boortz then dismissed Muhammad as "a guy who got bored selling secondhand clothes," and then started a religion.

From the August 9 edition of CNN's Larry King Live:

RHODES: You know, Neal, I've heard you call every Muslim a raghead. I've heard you, you know, say horrible things about Muhammad. This doesn't help us in the world. Do you understand? This doesn't help us.

BOORTZ: Now, Randi -- Randi, I'll tell you what.

RHODES: This is really critical mass. It's not fun anymore, OK?

BOORTZ: Randi --

RHODES: If you -- if you don't understand that Lebanon --

KING: Randi --

RHODES: -- that the civilians in Lebanon did nothing, they should be rewarded for getting Syria out of there.

KING: Neal, did you --

RHODES: Condoleezza Rice, Brent Scowcroft, Richard Lugar, Chuck Hagel --

BOORTZ: Larry, Randi's not through talking yet.

RHODES: -- they can't all be wrong, and they all agree with me.

KING: Randi, hold it a second. Randi! Randi, hold it a second. Neal, did you say such a thing about Muslims by the way?

BOORTZ: No and, if Randi can show --

RHODES: No? No, you didn't say --

KING: Randi, don't interrupt. Let him respond.

BOORTZ: Larry, are you kidding? You're asking Randi not to interrupt? You've been doing this longer than that, Larry. You know better than that. If Randi can come up with an instance where I called all Muslims ragheads, I have a $5,000 donation to Air America, so come on, Randi.

RHODES: You owe me $5,000 for Habitat for Humanity. You'll hear the audio on my show because, Larry, I don't know that your producers can get it --

BOORTZ: That's fine.

RHODES : -- but it's on mediamatters.org, the actual audio.

KING: All right, we're off topic, we're off topic.

BOORTZ: Now remember, I called all Muslims ragheads? I don't use that term.

RHODES: You called --

BOORTZ: Oh, Randi, why don't you --

RHODES: You called Muhammad -- you called Muhammad, who is their prophet, a raghead. You called him a phony.

BOORTZ: No, I did not.

RHODES: Let your producers go to mediamatters.org and look up what Neal Boortz has said --

KING: Hold it, hold it, hold it. Guys, we're off topic, or I'm going to cut this short.

RHODES: -- about this religion.

KING: Please stay on topic.

RHODES: You know, it doesn't help, though, Larry. The point is --

KING: The topic -- hold it, Randi.

RHODES: It doesn't help.

KING: Randi, hold it. Randi, hold it!

RHODES: People are really dying.

KING: Randi, you don't help your cause by talking too much. Hold it, just one at a time. Neal.

From the August 10 broadcast of Cox Radio Syndication's The Neal Boortz Show:

BOORTZ: Why, why, tell me, why won't these news outlets describe these terrorists as Islamic or Muslim? There are, of course, few exceptions, because I'm going to get somebody to call in: "What about Timothy McVeigh?" I mean, there is always, there is always an exception. Damn few. So few that it is perfectly safe to say all terrorists are Muslims. All of them. If it were not for the religion of Islam, this world would be a much, much, much more peaceful place today. If it were not for the religion of Islam, there would be many thousands, maybe tens, maybe hundreds of thousands of people alive today living peaceful, happy, and fulfilled lives than there are. Agony, misery, death is occurring all over this world, brought to us by the wonderful, peaceful religion of Islam. Media Matters http://mediamatters.org/items/200608100012

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic