IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Regional > Asia-Pacific
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Info about Liuzhou, China is needed  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Info about Liuzhou, China is needed

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Starter
Starter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mzhashim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Info about Liuzhou, China is needed
    Posted: 09 August 2006 at 11:01am

I have a potential relcoation with my company to Liuzhou, china. I would like to konw if there is a muslim community out there?

Any General information about the area will help

Thanks

Mouiz Hashim

Edited by mzhashim
Alfandi View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alfandi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 August 2006 at 6:15pm

Liuzhou is the second largest city in Guangxi Zhuang Autonomous Region, lies in the south of China.

But, I have not any information of Muslim in this city.

Guangxi Zhuang Autonomous Region is one of the five autonomous region of ethnic minorities. Ethnic Zhuang is the largest minorities in China, according to the population. The language of Zhuang is similar to Thai. 80% of the Zhuang words are same with the current Thai language.

mzhashim View Drop Down
Starter
Starter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mzhashim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 August 2006 at 11:01am

Thanks for the information.

liuzhou View Drop Down
Starter
Starter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liuzhou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 September 2006 at 6:10am
I live in Liuzhou.

There is a lot of information on Liuzhou on this website.

There is no significant Muslim population.

By the way, the predominant language here is a variation on Mandarin Chinese. See the language pages on the site mentioned.

Although the the Zhuang language is from the same family as Thai, the two are not mutually comprehensible as claimed above. In fact, there are two dialects of Zhuang which are quite different from each other.

Edited by liuzhou
mzhashim View Drop Down
Starter
Starter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mzhashim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 September 2006 at 11:29am

Thank you for the valiable information

mouiz

muslimwikipedia View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote muslimwikipedia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 October 2006 at 4:42am
Originally posted by mzhashim mzhashim wrote:

I have a potential relcoation with my company to Liuzhou, china. I would like to konw if there is a muslim community out there?

Any General information about the area will help

Thanks

Mouiz Hashim

can't find anything on liuzhou, but here is some information generally about islam in china

http://muslimwikipedia.com/mw/index.php/Islam_in_China
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic